ADVERTISEMENT

“Potentially the Best Big in Purdue History“

Mar 25, 2015
This is a direct quote from Isaac Haas when we discussed how good Matt Haarms could be! I went to the SIUE and Chicago State home games and stayed with Isaac and my dad on the last night. He said that Matt was gonna be awesome and he was right!
The future is bright! #chinup #boilerup

I agree Matt has a very high ceiling. Considering how little organized BB he has play he is already ahead of past centers at this point in their Boiler careers. No one can predict how much more he will develop but Brantley is a solid big man coach and his exposure early on to Biggie and Isaac is a definite advantage that few have had.

I agree Matt has a very high ceiling. Considering how little organized BB he has play he is already ahead of past centers at this point in their Boiler careers. No one can predict how much more he will develop but Brantley is a solid big man coach and his exposure early on to Biggie and Isaac is a definite advantage that few have had.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Haarms works with the two new bigs next year. They are completely different types of players and they'll all push each other in different ways.

I think if I remember but haas wasn’t that good when he was a freshman. Most bigs struggle as a freshman. What I love about college basketball is seeing guys come in and develop. Well at least as a Purdue fan because Purdue recruits guys who usually stay.

I think if I remember but haas wasn’t that good when he was a freshman. Most bigs struggle as a freshman. What I love about college basketball is seeing guys come in and develop. Well at least as a Purdue fan because Purdue recruits guys who usually stay.
Haas was a very good for a freshman, he started over Hammons a few times even. He scored 20 points per 40 minutes, and was efficient except atshooting free throws which Haarms is also bad at. Haarms could have a higher ceiling, but comparing the numbers Haas was better as a freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT