ADVERTISEMENT

‘21 class prospects

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
If right now you told me Purdue would land Kaufman and Wesley I would take that in a heartbeat. I know Purdue is in on some other elite players, but if I could lock that into today, I’m taking it all day.

Kaufman is the best (realistic) prospect for this team. He steps in and immediately fills the biggest need. Holmgren and Furst fill the same need but Kaufman feels very realistic and would be a very solid player right away. Love the size and skill set. You pair a player like him up with these incoming guards and watch out now.

As for Wesley, what’s not to like? Good size and an in state kid. His stock is rising and he can go get buckets (went for 30+ the other day). Call me crazy, but I like him and his game more than Lander who is a 5 star. Lander is like Carsen and can create his own opportunities (looks so smooth doing it), so it certainly isn’t meant as a slight on Lander. It says more to what I think Wesley can do in multiple roles.

If I had to pick between Furst and Kaufman, to be honest it would be whoever buys in first. I would really like to see Painter land one of those guys. With as much in state talent as there is, got to nab at least one.

It’s fun to see high school basketball and seeing how the possible recruits are doing. If Wesley wasn’t on your radar already, he should be.

Anybody know anything about Curt Hopf? Sounds like a good player and good kid that's on the wrong side of the IHSAA. Transferred from Forest Park to Barr-Reeve for his Jr year and FP complained so he's banned from playing for the year. It's now a court case. 6'7" decent shooting forward.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
They’re screwing with her son so of course she looks like a head case. I’m from Washington and my dad went to Barr-Reeve and he follows them closely so I know a little about the situation. I know he’s by far the best player on their team and they have a great team. What they’re doing to him is terrible! He’s going to be a very good collegiate player but I don’t know yet if he’s Evansville good or IU and Purdue good. I guess we’ll find out next year but I know he was very good this past summer.

They’re screwing with her son so of course she looks like a head case. I’m from Washington and my dad went to Barr-Reeve and he follows them closely so I know a little about the situation. I know he’s by far the best player on their team and they have a great team. What they’re doing to him is terrible! He’s going to be a very good collegiate player but I don’t know yet if he’s Evansville good or IU and Purdue good. I guess we’ll find out next year but I know he was very good this past summer.
When did you go to WHS? My 4 kids are alums.

If it were really about bullying, he would have transferred to Jasper, Southridge, NE Dubois, or Heritage Hills. But he chooses to transfer to a school about 45 min away that has a loaded team. Forest Park has never had bullying issues, and are about the furthest from a school that would tolerate bullying. I know, because I live in the area. The people in that school system are top notch.

Reactions: DAG10
If it were really about bullying, he would have transferred to Jasper, Southridge, NE Dubois, or Heritage Hills. But he chooses to transfer to a school about 45 min away that has a loaded team. Forest Park has never had bullying issues, and are about the furthest from a school that would tolerate bullying. I know, because I live in the area. The people in that school system are top notch.
Of course it had to do about basketball but ultimately who cares? I mean if he was in band and liked Barr-Reeve’s band more and moved to go to their school so he could be in their band no one would care. Bottom line is it’s about the kids and doing this to him is not helping him. Punishing him because the coach sucked or his mom is crazy isn’t the right answer.

Furst and Kaufman played against each other last night. Believe Kaufman’s team won but it was a solid game for both.

Frust is Big Ten ready ..He differently won the matchup against Kaufman yesterday..
But Kaufman is no slouch...
Lander on the other hand ..Looked like Junk ..
How he is a 5 ☆ bewilder's me..
He doesn't just take possessions off.
He doesn't care most of the time.Maybe you put a bunch of talent around him ..He excels then.
Hopf at lest the last time I saw him ..Wouldn't be at either of their level..(Furst / Kaufman)
.McCarty U Of E coach went to watch him at a workout in Montgomery..In early November..

Of course it had to do about basketball but ultimately who cares? I mean if he was in band and liked Barr-Reeve’s band more and moved to go to their school so he could be in their band no one would care. Bottom line is it’s about the kids and doing this to him is not helping him. Punishing him because the coach sucked or his mom is crazy isn’t the right answer.
or if it were for something more important like academics...nobody would care. The fans care when their gladiator is looking at another home and only he or she and his or her parents will deal with the consequences of that move, but yet others want control and do not share in the consequences...kinda like a government...whatever choice they make...they are mostly immune from the consequences of that decision...

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT