ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Randolph Just Got Arrested in CA

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Randolph was arrested for marajuana distribution in Sacramento. He evidently had a couple of pounds of it in a backpack. He has recently signed a 2-year $24 million contract with the Kings.

An ex-Indiana guy, he does not seem like the brightest of people. How much does anyone want to bet that his post-playing career ends badly? I will take the affirmative.

Reactions: kcorn187
Didn't he also have problems in Portland concerning the same issue, or was that somebody else?

Hence the nickname "the jail blazers"... there were a few bad apples on that team. Hopefully Caleb can help that image.
CJ McCollum is a good kid and player too who I got to watch at Lehigh a couple of years ago.

Reactions: punaj
Randolph was arrested for marajuana distribution in Sacramento. He evidently had a couple of pounds of it in a backpack. He has recently signed a 2-year $24 million contract with the Kings.

An ex-Indiana guy, he does not seem like the brightest of people. How much does anyone want to bet that his post-playing career ends badly? I will take the affirmative.
He was lazy in High School and relied on his talent...was horrible to watch him play...so lazy.

He was lazy and perfect fit at MSU and relied on his talent.....

In the real world it takes more than talent....which is why he failed.

Kids these days need to wake up and take life serious...not a video game, negative decision have negative consequences.....

He never had a brain to use because he never thought education was serious...

Karma is a bitch.....hope he learns a positive lesson and fixes his situation.

He was lazy in High School and relied on his talent...was horrible to watch him play...so lazy.

Kids these days need to wake up and take life serious...not a video game, negative decision have negative consequences.....

You mean that his MSU (Make Shit Up) edumacation didn't prepare him for the real world? What a surprise!

Reactions: hoosierdog1
He's getting paid 24 million to be a punk? He won't learn anything while society glamorizes this behavior........and as was mentioned, he will probably end up broke (or worse).......but, hey, he sure is cool!

Reactions: cjcollie

What in the world are you talking about? This guy is literally a hero in Memphis because of his hard work and persistence. You have no idea what you're talking about... he's no failure.

With Zach "Zebo" Randolph starting for the Grizz, they won their first playoff game, and became the first team ever to upset a 1 seed in the playoffs as an 8 seed. No, they never won a championship, but they were always contenders, and Randolph was a huge part of that.

for those who didn't know he was a big dealer back in Indianapolis when he was here, everyone in the city knew about it (open secret). He's never been the brightest guy

What in the world are you talking about? This guy is literally a hero in Memphis because of his hard work and persistence. You have no idea what you're talking about... he's no failure.

With Zach "Zebo" Randolph starting for the Grizz, they won their first playoff game, and became the first team ever to upset a 1 seed in the playoffs as an 8 seed. No, they never won a championship, but they were always contenders, and Randolph was a huge part of that.
Ha Ha...talk about clueless......

Hope he gets help...if not I hope he gets out of life what he put in it.....which if he continues on the same path...it will not end well for him....

Good luck young man....

Why are you still selling refer when you make $12M a year? Let's assume he had 3 lbs and got a great deal at $1000/lb. Even selling 1/8th at a time he would net $400 an oz or $6400/lb. So three lbs is revenue of $19k and profit of about $16k assuming he cuts no deals. He literally makes double that every single day of the year when you divide it out. I guess some people just love the street life.

He was lazy and perfect fit at MSU and relied on his talent.

This is quite possibly the dumbest post in a long lineage of stupid PUChevy posts. You haven't watched basketball since roughly 2007 if you think Zach Randolph is a failure, or lazy. Then again, you were probably too busy with your obsession over Chris "Big Easy" Reid to remain in a lucid state.

Judging everybody by your strict criteria has obviously taken its toll on you. Is it difficult to be so perfect when everybody else isn't?

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
This is quite possibly the dumbest post in a long lineage of stupid PUChevy posts. You haven't watched basketball since roughly 2007 if you think Zach Randolph is a failure, or lazy. Then again, you were probably too busy with your obsession over Chris "Big Easy" Reid to remain in a lucid state.

Judging everybody by your strict criteria has obviously taken its toll on you. Is it difficult to be so perfect when everybody else isn't?
I actually know this kid...saw him grow up and play basketball.....have you?

So don't try to judge me...you are the one reaching......and throwing stones.

I think most people who know this kid and saw him grow up understand completely what I am saying.

So go back in your hole......I know more about Indiana High School basketball than you will ever know.....

And yes I hold people to a high standard........

do you consider Lew Jack lazy?

I don't know z bo personally, but the dude is the opposite of lazy on the basketball court.

he's always been a dirty work player....

this is purely speculation, but I seriously doubt he was actually selling weed

Reactions: depthcharge623
We don't need PU fans to become trolls, stooping to the level of shitting on every player from MSU or IU. I'm glad we have a program where a very small amount of these incidents occur. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea to uncharitable rant about other school's former players.

It's a fact that Randolph got caught with weed. That was a poor decision. It doesn't mean he's lazy or a failure.

We don't need PU fans to become trolls, stooping to the level of shitting on every player from MSU or IU. I'm glad we have a program where a very small amount of these incidents occur. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea to uncharitable rant about other school's former players.

It's a fact that Randolph got caught with weed. That was a poor decision. It doesn't mean he's lazy or a failure.

He is and always will be a product of his own doing......

The ZR I knew and watched was lazy and relied on his talent and getting a degree and using his head were the last things on his list......

Karma will be a bitch for him.......unless he decides to actually do something positive in his life and start with putting others first, get an education and get on the path to being humble....

Last edited:
do you consider Lew Jack lazy?

I don't know z bo personally, but the dude is the opposite of lazy on the basketball court.

he's always been a dirty work player....

this is purely speculation, but I seriously doubt he was actually selling weed
I do not know Lew Jack......saw him play a few times in person and on TV, but never met him.....

I didn't see him play growing up either so not sure of his core character......

Him getting caught selling or with drugs is also unfortunate, but again I can't speak on his path because I do not know his story.....

I hope he and ZR figure it out and get back to being productive humans instead of wasting it away on stupid stuff especially because it hurts others.....

The ZR I knew and watched was lazy and relied on his talent and getting a degree and using his head were the last things on his list......

Karma will be a bitch for him.......unless he decides to actually do something positive in his life and start with putting others first, get an education and get on the path to being humble....
Why should he go back and get his degree when he has a net worth of 65 million?

Why should he go back and get his degree when he has a net worth of 65 million?
Which is exactly why he should go back and learn something....

65 mil in an uneducated persons hands is scary for the rest of us......

Talent got him there....getting smart may keep him alive.....fingers crossed.

Reactions: Boilerupone
Which is exactly why he should go back and learn something....

65 mil in an uneducated persons hands is scary for the rest of us......

Talent got him there....getting smart may keep him alive.....fingers crossed.
Zach used to come thru Muncie to see Bonzi who now lives in Carmel. Both of them have pretty solid financial advisors and while Zach does have some extravagances it is unlikely he will go broke.

Didn't he also have problems in Portland concerning the same issue, or was that somebody else?
He has had problems since elementary school.
Busted on gun charges in HS, never got a HS diploma but instead was given a certificate of completion based on his academic abilities, grade issues at MSU....Zach isn't very smart and has been in trouble his entire life. Most was overlooked at Marion because that is what some HS's do. They recently named a street in his honor by Marion HS with a big celebration and there's a move now to re-name it to something else.

I actually know this kid...saw him grow up and play basketball.....have you?
zSo don't try to judge me...you are the one reaching......and throwing stones.

I think most people who know this kid and saw him grow up understand completely what I am saying.

So go back in your hole......I know more about Indiana High School basketball than you will ever know.....

And yes I hold people to a high standard........

PU's exactly right. I live in the area, and know all about Zach's issues. My late father in law taught in the system, taught Jay Edwards and Zach. But he is a good son and bought his mom a beautiful home.

Last edited:

I'm surprised it took this long to bust him PU.

I am going to argue that it's impossible for a "lazy" person to average 17 and 9 over 16 seasons in the NBA, idiot or not.

If Biggie were to accomplish that, we would be calling him the hardest working basketball player of all time.

I am going to argue that it's impossible for a "lazy" person to average 17 and 9 over 16 seasons in the NBA, idiot or not.

If Biggie were to accomplish that, we would be calling him the hardest working basketball player of all time.
Um if Biggie started selling drugs I would write him off as well.....

We all have a brain...so use it either to help the wellness of others or at least to maximize yourself to be e a positive in society.

Done with this subject and hope he figures it out.

Reactions: Inspector100
Um if Biggie started selling drugs I would write him off as well.....

We all have a brain...so use it either to help the wellness of others or at least to maximize yourself to be e a positive in society.

Done with this subject and hope he figures it out.
Where did I defend the pot charge? I was questioning your characterization of him as "lazy".

Also no proof (that I'm aware of) that he was selling. He may just smoke a LOT of ganj. It's the off-season after all.

He wasn't selling as far as I know. They were able to charge him as if he was because of the amount he had on him.

yes.....here's an excerpt from a Sports Illustrated online article (with a link below), which expands on Depth's point:

" *** It is unknown whether police observed Randolph sell or distribute or have other direct evidence of a transaction or exchange—such as an incriminating text message or an implicating paper trail. However, it is common in drug prosecutions for prosecutors to try to establish a defendant’s intent by leading the jury to infer from circumstantial evidence. A large amount of a drug found in the defendant’s possession is a key form of circumstantial evidence: from it, jurors can conclude that the defendant must have been selling and distributing. Further, if the marijuana on the defendant’s possession had been packaged for sale and distribution and if significant amounts of cash were also found, jurors would have additional clues in ascertaining the defendant’s intent."

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/10/zach-randolph-marijuana-weed-arrest-kings-adam-silver

Curious if you hold yourself to the same standards? If so "the path to being humble" seems to be a problem area. Better go to work on that one.

Reactions: ghost_of_d.
yes.....here's an excerpt from a Sports Illustrated online article (with a link below), which expands on Depth's point:

" *** It is unknown whether police observed Randolph sell or distribute or have other direct evidence of a transaction or exchange—such as an incriminating text message or an implicating paper trail. However, it is common in drug prosecutions for prosecutors to try to establish a defendant’s intent by leading the jury to infer from circumstantial evidence. A large amount of a drug found in the defendant’s possession is a key form of circumstantial evidence: from it, jurors can conclude that the defendant must have been selling and distributing. Further, if the marijuana on the defendant’s possession had been packaged for sale and distribution and if significant amounts of cash were also found, jurors would have additional clues in ascertaining the defendant’s intent."

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/10/zach-randolph-marijuana-weed-arrest-kings-adam-silver
Also from SI piece:
"However, if the suspect is an NBA star, that may be a mitigating factor as they are known to require copious amounts of marijuana in order to roll the ginormous blunts that they smoke continually."

Reactions: pig1960
I don't have an opinion about Zack being lazy, but this I a dumb MSU type move

What I find curious is how quickly the MSU PC Police arrived. Do they monitor all these free boards for any mention of MSU or MSU-ex-players? I mean seriously, WTF?

It actually is very easy to be lazy and average that if your raw athletic ability and talent are simply that high. Just being a devil's advocate here because I know nothing about Randolph other than the negative news pieces about him that have followed him since high school. It is also totally reasonable for someone to be a complete and utter dumpster fire and still make millions...look at Mike Tyson! Luckily he has been able to turn his life around but not before some pretty hard times in his life due to his lack of education and extremely poor decisions.

I don't have an opinion about Zack being lazy, but this I a dumb MSU type move

What I find curious is how quickly the MSU PC Police arrived. Do they monitor all these free boards for any mention of MSU or MSU-ex-players? I mean seriously, WTF?

I know IU players (we saw quite a few in a 14 month period with Crean & the law) do dumb things so I refrain to point at other programs and mock. Sure, MSU has had recent issues over the years, but so has PU. Look at recent events involving Cline passed out being a running car in park with drugs on him, the Lew Jack incident, DJ Bird's incident with a bouncer, AJ missing Bus for NW (so was AJ lazy?), Barlow throwing a bball rack at Smith and last, the 3 game suspensions served by various players over the years. Those 3 game suspensions are not the result of a 1x strike. It's common knowledge in college hoops that a 2-3 game suspension is the result of a 3rd strike. Believe me Painter, Izzo, Coach K or any coach do not want to suspend their players for games as it's negative Pub for the program, regardless the player or team. My point, it's not fair to single out MSU (despite the hate for them here). Most of these issues (minor things like failed classes, failed drug screens, other minor shenanigans) never make it to the public and are going on in every program. I know PU fans show up on IU boards to support an negative reactions to a PU comment. Every team has their idiots and that's never going to change regardless of the coach or program. For goodness sakes John Wooden had Kareem as a walkon (no scholarship) and Sam Gilbert gave him a pimp job in NYC in the off season... talk about sketchy. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Roeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT