ADVERTISEMENT

Yeehawwww, Texas Lifts Mask Mandate

giphy.gif

Meh...from the same moron that claimed the power grid failure was due to the green initiatives. I live north of Dallas and will still mask up because:
1. It is really common sense
2. It is simply being courteous
3. It is about as difficult to do and affects my ability to function and breath as much as me putting on a pair of socks

Waiting on my connection to Houston as we speak. But, I’m vaccinated so not worried about much.

Wearing a mask is a really pesky inconvenience when having to collect rainwater and/or boiling your water to drink

• Haha
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Covid outbreak in 3-2-1.

Seriously? So when Abbott says that the mask MANDATE is over, in your mind do you really believe that everyone in Texas is going to burn their masks? He just said that the Government is no longer requiring you to wear a mask. That's all.

I fully expect the people that were wearing masks to keep wearing masks, until they're comfortable not wearing them. I expect the people that were never wearing masks to continue to never wear masks, so essentially nothing will change.

I suspect that most people are used to using common sense and will invariably do what's in their best interests. They don't need a government mandate to tell them how to run every aspect of their lives.

I still can't believe how affronted so many people on the Left were, because Trump didn't mandate masks. Are you people incapable of doing a bit of basic research to find out what you should do to protect yourself? I didn't care what Trump said. It seemed prudent to me to wear a mask, since I'm 72. I didn't want to spend the last two weeks of my life in an ICU, so I wore a mask, when I went out to get groceries, etc. All my friends did the same thing and they didn't need anyone to mandate wearing a mask, either.

I know the Left is really big into symbolism, but don't you find it a bit over the top, when Biden sits at his desk in the Oval Office wearing a mask? He's had his Covid vaccine as has everyone else on the staff. Anyone coming into the WH is tested, before they're allowed in. It serves NO PURPOSE.

Are there people in our country, who are so simpleminded that they could not figure out that they should wear a mask, unless Joe is sitting at his desk wearing one? If that's the case, it's a sad commentary on our populace.

Reactions: GregJM24
Seriously? So when Abbott says that the mask MANDATE is over, in your mind do you really believe that everyone in Texas is going to burn their masks? He just said that the Government is no longer requiring you to wear a mask. That's all.

I fully expect the people that were wearing masks to keep wearing masks, until they're comfortable not wearing them. I expect the people that were never wearing masks to continue to never wear masks, so essentially nothing will change.

I suspect that most people are used to using common sense and will invariably do what's in their best interests. They don't need a government mandate to tell them how to run every aspect of their lives.

I still can't believe how affronted so many people on the Left were, because Trump didn't mandate masks. Are you people incapable of doing a bit of basic research to find out what you should do to protect yourself? I didn't care what Trump said. It seemed prudent to me to wear a mask, since I'm 72. I didn't want to spend the last two weeks of my life in an ICU, so I wore a mask, when I went out to get groceries, etc. All my friends did the same thing and they didn't need anyone to mandate wearing a mask, either.

I know the Left is really big into symbolism, but don't you find it a bit over the top, when Biden sits at his desk in the Oval Office wearing a mask? He's had his Covid vaccine as has everyone else on the staff. Anyone coming into the WH is tested, before they're allowed in. It serves NO PURPOSE.

Are there people in our country, who are so simpleminded that they could not figure out that they should wear a mask, unless Joe is sitting at his desk wearing one? If that's the case, it's a sad commentary on our populace.
Nothing will change? Common sense?
The problem is businesses that want to follow the mask guidelines and insure the safety of their employees have no state support to do it. They can't make customers wear masks anymore. Only option is to close the doors.

People who didn't want to wear masks to go to stores now don't have to. They won't wear them. There are a ton of people like that all over the country.

Infections will go up, just a matter of how much.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Two months too early at least but that's Texas. It's probably because the state is in 2nd place for number of cases and can't stand not being 1st.
Who cares about cases...let adults make adult decisions. If you want to live in your basement have at it. For me and the rest of Texas and Florida, GAME ON!!!

Reactions: GregJM24
Nothing will change? Common sense?
The problem is businesses that want to follow the mask guidelines and insure the safety of their employees have no state support to do it. They can't make customers wear masks anymore. Only option is to close the doors.

People who didn't want to wear masks to go to stores now don't have to. They won't wear them. There are a ton of people like that all over the country.

Infections will go up, just a matter of how much.

I’ll take that bet. I haven’t delved into it, but aren’t rates about the same in states that have mask requirements as those that don’t?

Reactions: Sophie1970
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT