ADVERTISEMENT

yahoo sports projecting Purdue

I saw that but wouldn't consider it having played there recently. I think that you can speculate all you want, but the real destination won't be determined before this weekend's football results. I just hope that we don't get screwed over.

I saw that but wouldn't consider it having played there recently. I think that you can speculate all you want, but the real destination won't be determined before this weekend's football results. I just hope that we don't get screwed over.
supposedly last might the committee for the Vegas Bowl trimmed down the 4 BIG10 teams ( wisky, psu, Purdue, and minny) to 2 (wisky and psu)

I read an article that said the Big 10 doesn’t like sending teams to the same bowl game within 5 years. Purdue has played in the Music City Bowl in the last 5 years. Maybe they’ll get lifted up to the Outback or down to the pin stripe bowl. Penn st going to the pin stripe bowl would be logical. Purdue going to Vegas or Arizona would also be logical.

Reactions: pboiler18
supposedly last might the committee for the Vegas Bowl trimmed down the 4 BIG10 teams ( wisky, psu, Purdue, and minny) to 2 (wisky and psu)

I read an article that said the Big 10 doesn’t like sending teams to the same bowl game within 5 years. Purdue has played in the Music City Bowl in the last 5 years. Maybe they’ll get lifted up to the Outback or down to the pin stripe bowl. Penn st going to the pin stripe bowl would be logical. Purdue going to Vegas or Arizona would also be logical.
This is where things get confusing. It is also my understanding that the Big Ten handles bowl assignments differently than other conferences. That the Big Ten is the one that assigns its teams to its bowl tie-ins. Otherwise there could be no 5-year rule, which I have also heard of, if the bowl is doing the selecting.

Reading that it’s either PSU or Wisconsin. Wisconsin getting picked over us seems logical but PSU with a 7-5 record and way worse co detente record? Crazy.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
B1G Bowl criteria:

1. Where the team finished in the final Big Ten standings
  2. Whether or not the team has recently played in that bowl game – in fact, Big Ten schools will not be able to go to the same bowl game in consecutive years, except for the Rose Bowl and College Football Playoff bowls
  3. Whether or not the team has played multiple and/or consecutive bowls within a specific state or region
  4. Occasionally they may chase a story line – for example if Indiana could potentially match up with Kentucky.

I'll follow Jerry Palm's predictions. He puts some thought into it at least. Currently has us in Phoenix playing West Virginia. I'd take that.

Living in Phoenix, I would take that for sure, would love to go to the game

Reactions: DAG10
I live in the Phoenix area as well but I am hoping for Vegas. Not crazy about playing in a baseball stadium.

I live in the Phoenix area as well but I am hoping for Vegas. Not crazy about playing in a baseball stadium.

Its a horrible stadium, but its close and will be easy to go to. Now if it happens i just need to find someone to go with, lol

Most now have PSU in Pinstripe...due their proximity!! AZ Vegas or Nashville would be fine.. Two have us playing TN in Nashville..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT