ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Simpson "Update"

Why do all these Iowa State fans keep telling Xavier on Twitter "come to ISU we develop PG"??? Tell me who they have developed, I might be wrong but I can't even think of a player let alone a PG in the league from there?

Technically I think they are talking about Steve Prohm, who is their new coach and has a pretty good track record.
Gotcha fair enough, guess they just wanna feel good about their self even though the guy hasn't done nothing at ISU yet.

Johnson should be a four year starter, but I can't imagine he'll ever be the full time solution at pg.
Johnson is going to be a pain for B1G teams. Probably will get lost in the shuffle of draft hype but be a damn good player. Like some of those cats OSU and Iowa have that just seem to kick your ass year after year. Eventually end up like a 3tuan Moore in the NBA.

Jamaal Tinsley?

Why do all these Iowa State fans keep telling Xavier on Twitter "come to ISU we develop PG"??? Tell me who they have developed, I might be wrong but I can't even think of a player let alone a PG in the league from there?

Jamaal Tinsley?
Hasn't played in the NBA since '13. The most recent one I can think of is Royce White, the PF that was drafted by Houston but couldn't travel with the team because of his fear of flying. Don't think he's played in the NBA since his rookie year in '14 and that was for only a handful of games.

Just for fun, the last few PG's at ISU:

Diante Garrett - NBA
Korie Lucious - Eh, what can you say, not everything works out.
Deandre Kane - All American
Monte Morris - Currently one of the top PG's in the country

Just for fun, the last few PG's at ISU:

Diante Garrett - NBA
Korie Lucious - Eh, what can you say, not everything works out.
Deandre Kane - All American
Monte Morris - Currently one of the top PG's in the country
Fair enough but...
Garrett - no better than the D league
Lucious - transferred there cause of problems at MSU
Kane - was already good/ developed before he transferred there for a season
Morris - don't know much bout him so nothing to say

Fair enough but...
Garrett - no better than the D league
Lucious - transferred there cause of problems at MSU
Kane - was already good/ developed before he transferred there for a season
Morris - don't know much bout him so nothing to say
DraftExpress has Morris ranked 54th in its 2016 mock draft, which tells me that he is likely to return as a senior. Simpson could be buried as the third string point guard as a freshman at ISU. He'll probably get more freedom under Prohm, but he'll probably see the floor a lot more early at Purdue and playing within a more structured system has its advantages, as well.

DraftExpress has Morris ranked 54th in its 2016 mock draft, which tells me that he is likely to return as a senior. Simpson could be buried as the third string point guard as a freshman at ISU. He'll probably get more freedom under Prohm, but he'll probably see the floor a lot more early at Purdue and playing within a more structured system has its advantages, as well.

Totally agree. Makes no sense from a PT standpoint. Having said that, I think he ends up at ISU.

Has there ever been a recruiting visit where the target kids says "It was terrible. The food was bad, the girls ugly, and the team was a bunch of asshats. While I was there, they pretty much ignored me"? I will bet darned few visit have that impact. So of course Simpson will be enthusiastic about ISU after going on a recruiting visit. In his mind, I will bet ISU leads.... for the moment.

How are our chances? I don't have any insider view, but I like the idea that his visit to Purdue will be after the ISU visit. It is always good to be last from an emotional impact perspective. Unfortunately, I would expect him to have another several visits so our anchor position may not last.

The IU situation is interesting for him. With Yogi graduating, there will be a need for a starting PG at IU. That could be attractive. That picture might be less clear at Purdue where there are several possible PG's in waiting. Simpson could probabaly beat them all out, but you know Painter would not promise that to him.

The dangers with accepting the IU scholarship is that (1) Simpson is only a 4* player, and in 2 years Crean might recruit a 5* PG forcing Simpson to get "homesick", or fail that double secret test, and (2) he will always lose to the Purdue team he could have been part of. Regrets of this sort can be a real heart-breaker.

:cool:

Reactions: Travisty13
Has there ever been a recruiting visit where the target kids says "It was terrible. The food was bad, the girls ugly, and the team was a bunch of asshats. While I was there, they pretty much ignored me"? I will bet darned few visit have that impact. So of course Simpson will be enthusiastic about ISU after going on a recruiting visit. In his mind, I will bet ISU leads.... for the moment.

How are our chances? I don't have any insider view, but I like the idea that his visit to Purdue will be after the ISU visit. It is always good to be last from an emotional impact perspective. Unfortunately, I would expect him to have another several visits so our anchor position may not last.

The IU situation is interesting for him. With Yogi graduating, there will be a need for a starting PG at IU. That could be attractive. That picture might be less clear at Purdue where there are several possible PG's in waiting. Simpson could probabaly beat them all out, but you know Painter would not promise that to him.

The dangers with accepting the IU scholarship is that (1) Simpson is only a 4* player, and in 2 years Crean might recruit a 5* PG forcing Simpson to get "homesick", or fail that double secret test, and (2) he will always lose to the Purdue team he could have been part of. Regrets of this sort can be a real heart-breaker.

Asshats lol

I have never heard a recruit say their visit was terrible . But surviving a visit is crucial so many commit on their visits . I still say we are in good shape here . Dakota is a legend in that area in fact he spent a lot of time playing with X when he went home this summer in X's dads gym . When I went to watch Dakota play 2 years ago I said I was impressed with the other teams pg that was Simpson . Te'Jon Lucas will visit on the 28th . I really like what few clips I have seen on Alani Moore also . And LSU who was probably the leader for Edwards just got a verbal from a PG . With all of the De Commits we need one of them to love us and not jump ship . I think the system works and whom ever we sign will work for us but Simpson if he commits will be committed for four years . I personally want Ryan Cline to play the point we need him on the floor IMO . Ray can guard the point this year so Cline could learn at a slower pace while draining three's . No 2016 recruit is crucial IMO . I love so many in the 2017 class #1 Malik Williams and we will be loaded in 2016 any way .

I have never heard a recruit say their visit was terrible . But surviving a visit is crucial so many commit on their visits . I still say we are in good shape here . Dakota is a legend in that area in fact he spent a lot of time playing with X when he went home this summer in X's dads gym . When I went to watch Dakota play 2 years ago I said I was impressed with the other teams pg that was Simpson . Te'Jon Lucas will visit on the 28th . I really like what few clips I have seen on Alani Moore also . And LSU who was probably the leader for Edwards just got a verbal from a PG . With all of the De Commits we need one of them to love us and not jump ship . I think the system works and whom ever we sign will work for us but Simpson if he commits will be committed for four years . I personally want Ryan Cline to play the point we need him on the floor IMO . Ray can guard the point this year so Cline could learn at a slower pace while draining three's . No 2016 recruit is crucial IMO . I love so many in the 2017 class #1 Malik Williams and we will be loaded in 2016 any way .
It's ISU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT