ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Simpson "Update"

I agree with the symptoms of possible problems but then again some things seem like they'll be a trainwreck and then it never happens. Hands-on parents sometimes get a bad rap because of being in the picture frequently. Not sure I wouldn't be a bit like that with my daughters if they had gone on after high school sports. They would have wanted me to be involved. But I also realize there is a limit of being too involved or going overboard. Vision and realism can be blinded by the heart.

We'll see how the point guard thing pans out. With our current up-swing situation I feel we are setting ourselves up for a good score with a positive recruit. I think our coach has more selling points than ever before. I like that.

I applaud parents being involved with their kid's decisions. But when they are involved in a kids decision to commit, then they encourage him to de-commit because they listen to people tell them that their kid's recruiting would have "blown up" if he hadn't committed so early, well, they are teaching their kids the wrong things. In the end, Walker was recruited by the same types of schools he was being recruited by before he committed to Purdue. No calls from Duke, UK, or Kansas. Even MSU and OSU were not interested.

He ended up committing to FSU. Nice school and probably his best offer after Purdue. But not exactly a blue blood.

Reactions: *Shockerrr*
Remember at F$U it's all you can eat crab legs for free and you can whup on your date any time you want.

Don't get me started on FSU. They are the poster child for an athletic department that lets their athletes do whatever they want without consequences. The fact that they have a 'fixer' on staff is ridiculous. What I read about how they interact with the local law enforcement makes me cringe.

Too bad Walker didn't go to Houston to learn from the sauce master RJ.

I wonder if there is a rankings of programs by the amount of sauce they have. The top position could have an honorary title of BBQ Master or Pit Master or something to denote their sauce supremacy.
We all know Kansas City is the Sauce Capital.....hell I live in North Carolina and half is sauce the other half vinegar.....geesh.

Don't get me started on FSU. They are the poster child for an athletic department that lets their athletes do whatever they want without consequences. The fact that they have a 'fixer' on staff is ridiculous. What I read about how they interact with the local law enforcement makes me cringe.
While I won't argue about FSU, I think you would be surprised at how pervasive the athlete protection is at most D1 colleges and perhaps 2 and 3 as well. I've witnessed several instances where BSU athletes have been driven home by campus police after doing stuff that I would be arrested for doing. When I asked the then Muncie Police Chief about it he just shrugged his shoulders and gave some excuse that we need the school for the local economy.

While I won't argue about FSU, I think you would be surprised at how pervasive the athlete protection is at most D1 colleges and perhaps 2 and 3 as well. I've witnessed several instances where BSU athletes have been driven home by campus police after doing stuff that I would be arrested for doing. When I asked the then Muncie Police Chief about it he just shrugged his shoulders and gave some excuse that we need the school for the local economy.
Nice....way to bust my watermelon.......ha ha

Reactions: BandofBoilers
If for some reason Cassius Winson doesn't pan out for MSU, look for this kid to get a late offer from the Spartans and pounce on it.
You heard this here first.
As others said, no we didn't. Although you are the only one who thinks he will "pounce" on the offer. A lot will depend on how many of Izzo's kids get arrested before the season even starts and then catch a walk from Dunnings. Let's face it, some player could shoot one of Izzo's kids and get a 3 game suspension with 2 of them being exhibition games. Dunnings would call it a hunting accident.

The more I hear about Simpson, the more I hope that he chooses Purdue. I really liked the front page story and interview with him.

I like that his dad is a coach. Simpson sounds like a student of the game, which is exactly what Painter needs from his point guard.

The more I hear about Simpson, the more I hope that he chooses Purdue. I really liked the front page story and interview with him.

I like that his dad is a coach. Simpson sounds like a student of the game, which is exactly what Painter needs from his point guard.
Simpson had to reschedule his visit this weekend for personal reasons. He will be visiting Purdue sometime in August. Iowa St. is his only official currently scheduled, now.

@Goodin_3: It's official I'm committed Xavier University. Thanks to everybody who recruited me, Thank God for all the blessings and opportunities

4 star point guard. I have a feeling that takes Xavier out of the running for Simpson. This should help us land him. He would look great in gold and black.

@Goodin_3: It's official I'm committed Xavier University. Thanks to everybody who recruited me, Thank God for all the blessings and opportunities

4 star point guard. I have a feeling that takes Xavier out of the running for Simpson. This should help us land him. He would look great in gold and black.
how about cardinal and gold?

Its only because he is scheduled to visit Iowa St on an official and some kids like to commit on official visits. My guess is that the crystal ball will be updated after he doesn't commit to Iowa St on his official.

let's hope he leaves Ames without committing. He seems like a smart kid with legitimate interest in Purdue, so I would imagine he would visit Purdue before making his decision.

Apparently they think he'll go pro after this season.

Well that's what I'd be telling Simpson too if I were the coaches. It's up to him and the family to cut through that BS. Even if that's a good possibility, it's still a significant risk to his PT.

Well that's what I'd be telling Simpson too if I were the coaches. It's up to him and the family to cut through that BS. Even if that's a good possibility, it's still a significant risk to his PT.

Yep. Hopefully Simpson sees through that, and ends up at Purdue, where he will play big minutes from day 1.

Its only because he is scheduled to visit Iowa St on an official and some kids like to commit on official visits. My guess is that the crystal ball will be updated after he doesn't commit to Iowa St on his official.

Well if that's all it takes for these so-called (((experts))) to flop from one school to another, then wtf??

(Late June): "I'm predicting Xavier Simpson will choose Purdue University. Done deal."
(Late July): "Oh hey wait, he's taking an official to IAST?? I'm flipping to IAST!! PREDICTION LOCKED - DONE DEAL! WELCOME TO THE CYCLONES!!"
(Early Aug): "Wait, he didn't commit to IAST during the visit?? Where's he going next?? Purdue?? OK, I'm flipping back to Purdue!! PREDICTION LOCKED - DONE DEAL! BOILER UP!!"

Reactions: B1Gboilermaker
Well if that's all it takes for these so-called (((experts))) to flop from one school to another, then wtf??

(Late June): "I'm predicting Xavier Simpson will choose Purdue University. Done deal."
(Late July): "Oh hey wait, he's taking an official to IAST?? I'm flipping to IAST!! PREDICTION LOCKED - DONE DEAL! WELCOME TO THE CYCLONES!!"
(Early Aug): "Wait, he didn't commit to IAST during the visit?? Where's he going next?? Purdue?? OK, I'm flipping back to Purdue!! PREDICTION LOCKED - DONE DEAL! BOILER UP!!"
(mid August) But I heard his flight had a layover in Chicago so now there's an Illinois rumor.
(late Aug) But wait it was calculated. Purdue is 16 mile closer to Chicago than U of I. Winner-Purdue!!!!! It's a fact!

Is Johnson leaving? Otherwise he has two more years of eligibility left after this year.
With the Clapper every player is subject to a sudden change in plans. He could get homesick or fail to pass a double secret special session class and be gone in a day.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT