ADVERTISEMENT

Wuhan Lab leak vs Nature origin

BoilerBF

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
Excellent article on Wuhan lab Covid leak theory vs nature origins. Author is former 30 year Science writer for New York Times. Very long article. Amazing there hasn't been more curiosity in MSM on this topic. Certainly you will never get Fauci to admit the Wuhan Lab leak is plausible....for obvious reasons. But former CDC director has come out and said he thinks Wuhan lab leak is the most likely scenario.

Excellent article on Wuhan lab Covid leak theory vs nature origins. Author is former 30 year Science writer for New York Times. Very long article. Amazing their hasn't been more curiosity in MSM on this topic. Certainly you will never get Fauci to admit the Wuhan Lab leak is plausible....for obvious reasons. But former CDC director has come out and said he thinks Wuhan lab leak is the most likely scenario.

Plausible? It is more than plausible but just wait for the leftist in 3 2 1 to say how this is just crazy. In a vacuum what is more plausible? A virus being experimented with right next door to a open market that has been the way Chinese have been doing things for a really long time ?

Plausible? It is more than plausible but just wait for the leftist in 3 2 1 to say how this is just crazy. In a vacuum what is more plausible? A virus being experimented with right next door to a open market that has been the way Chinese have been doing things for a really long time ?
But we were told by a poster on this board just a few months ago that the Lab Leak had been "debunked" by WHO investigation? Never mind one of the lead investigators of that WHO investigation was Peter Daszak. Or as the linked article says the "ubiquitous" Daszak. Daszak had long term financial ties to Wuhan Lab, yet he was on WHO team "investigating" the Wuhan lab. You couldn't create a bigger conflict of interest if you tried.

It was always amazing to me that someone could be naive enough to believe that the Wuhan Lab leak wasn't a plausible scenario.

It was always amazing to me that someone could be naive enough to believe that the Wuhan Lab leak wasn't a plausible scenario.
I have always thought the lab leak was "plausible". I do not think it is likely - there is a difference. The only thing I believe "implausible" is the contention by some posters that the Chinese intentionally released the virus as a form of global biological warfare.

I have no problem with you calling me out by name. In fact, I would rather you do that than try calling me naïve behind my back.

In any event, show me evidence (like actual evidence), and I'll make a determination. Until then, it's one theory and nothing more than that.

It’s important to note that so far there is no direct evidence for either theory.
Your personal attack statements aside, thank you for posting that. It was an interesting read.

Last edited:
I have always thought the lab leak was "plausible". I do not think it is likely - there is a difference. The only thing I believe "implausible" is the contention by some posters that the Chinese intentionally released the virus as a form of global biological warfare.

I have no problem with you calling me out by name. In fact, I would rather you do that than try calling me naïve behind my back.

In any event, show me evidence (like actual evidence), and I'll make a determination. Until then, it's one theory and nothing more than that.

Your personal attack statements aside, thank you for posting that. It was an interesting read.
You posted that the lab theory was debunked by WHO investigation. It wasnt debunked. Peter Daszak was one of the lead investigators in that WHO investigation.

Even 60 minutes asked Daszak what proof he had it didn't come from a lab leak. His reply "China told us it didn't". Seriously??? The same Peter Daszak that had a huge financial interest from business with Wuhan Lab. The same Peter Daszak that has been saying from early on it didn't come from the lab. How can he be an independent investigator?

Anywhere in the world the outbreak could've happened. It happened within a few miles of the only place in the world where this research was being done. It happened at a lab that U.S team had warned a few years early wasn't following safety protocols.

That doesn't prove it came from the lab. But there is certainly more circumstantial evidence of that than any other theory.

You posted that the lab theory was debunked by WHO investigation. It wasnt debunked. Peter Daszak was one of the lead investigators in that WHO investigation.

Even 60 minutes asked Daszak what proof he had it didn't come from a lab leak. His reply "China told us it didn't". Seriously??? The same Peter Daszak that had a huge financial interest from business with Wuhan Lab. The same Peter Daszak that has been saying from early on it didn't come from the lab. How can he be an independent investigator?

Anywhere in the world the outbreak could've happened. It happened within a few miles of the only place in the world where this research was being done. It happened at a lab that U.S team had warned a few years early wasn't following safety protocols.

That doesn't prove it came from the lab. But there is certainly more circumstantial evidence of that than any other theory.
Yes, I posted that. I was not aware of the potential conflict of interest, and I found your article interesting.

That said, I did not post that I found it implausible, so don’t put words in my mouth. I’m willing to change my opinion when presented with evidence. When we have some, let me know. What you said is not only circumstantial, it is quite possibly coincidental.

That’s it. Thanks.

Yes, I posted that. I was not aware of the potential conflict of interest, and I found your article interesting.

That said, I did not post that I found it implausible, so don’t put words in my mouth. I’m willing to change my opinion when presented with evidence. When we have some, let me know. What you said is not only circumstantial, it is quite possibly coincidental.

That’s it. Thanks.

P.2 and P.3 you are throwing around terms like debunked and conspiracy theory in regards to Wuhan lab leak theory. Don't blame you for being naive on this specific topic.....you were just repeating talking points from media " conspiracy" and "debunked".

Reactions: purduepat1969

P.2 and P.3 you are throwing around terms like debunked and conspiracy theory in regards to Wuhan lab leak theory. Don't blame you for being naive on this specific topic.....you were just repeating talking points from media " conspiracy" and "debunked".

I do believe leaked from a lab is a conspiracy theory because it requires people to conspire to cover it up. That's literally the definition of the word. It doesn't make it "implausible". I appreciate you sharing the article - I found it interesting, it does not dissuade me from my opinion that the virus was from natural cause. Of all the interesting and relevant things Wade said, he left out the unprecedented nature of this pandemic from such a "leak"; and he left out the fact that such a leak would require hundreds of people - if not more - to keep quiet about it - conspiring. Usually when something this epic happens and humans are involved, someone speaks out about it. Perhaps all of the Chinese coverup and conspiracies he mentioned are powerful enough to keep every single shred of actual evidence under wraps, but that's usually not the case with things that are this big.

Wade openly admits, "There is no direct evidence to support these theories." He also presents another plausible third option later in the article besides the two he was comparing.

Again, when there is evidence, I will happily change my mind and admit I am wrong. For now, I choose to side with what I think is a more rational and simpler theory, as I do with most things.

Now, you've wasted enough of my time, as this entire forum does. Thank you for sharing the article. Please don't be frightened to @me in the future when you want to discuss an opinion of mine.

I do believe leaked from a lab is a conspiracy theory because it requires people to conspire to cover it up. That's literally the definition of the word. It doesn't make it "implausible". I appreciate you sharing the article - I found it interesting, it does not dissuade me from my opinion that the virus was from natural cause. Of all the interesting and relevant things Wade said, he left out the unprecedented nature of this pandemic from such a "leak"; and he left out the fact that such a leak would require hundreds of people - if not more - to keep quiet about it - conspiring. Usually when something this epic happens and humans are involved, someone speaks out about it. Perhaps all of the Chinese coverup and conspiracies he mentioned are powerful enough to keep every single shred of actual evidence under wraps, but that's usually not the case with things that are this big.

Wade openly admits, "There is no direct evidence to support these theories." He also presents another plausible third option later in the article besides the two he was comparing.

Again, when there is evidence, I will happily change my mind and admit I am wrong. For now, I choose to side with what I think is a more rational and simpler theory, as I do with most things.

Now, you've wasted enough of my time, as this entire forum does. Thank you for sharing the article. Please don't be frightened to @me in the future when you want to discuss an opinion of mine.
I think it’s possible that the virus originated in bat caves outside of Wuhan. It’s also possible that the Wuhan Lab later co-opted that virus and weaponized it.
I don’t have proof this is what happened.

Liberals like Nate Silver starting to "sort of" figure out that:

1) Having 24 year old liberals at Twitter, Facebook etc cancel legitimate scientists with contrarian views, probably isn't real good for science.
2) Just because the Dr's on TV are saying the same thing. doesn't mean it's right, and there aren't legitimate contrarian views.

Liberals like Nate Silver starting to "sort of" figure out that:

1) Having 24 year old liberals at Twitter, Facebook etc cancel legitimate scientists with contrarian views, probably isn't real good for science.
2) Just because the Dr's on TV are saying the same thing. doesn't mean it's right, and there aren't legitimate contrarian views.

I mentioned this in another thread about COVID a few months back but I listened to a podcast about a year ago, where Brett Weinstein was interviewed and he discussed (paraphrasing) why he thought it most likely came from the lab and it was due to the fact the virus was so far advanced and evolved and adept to humans that it would have almost certainly had to have surfaced long before it did if it came from the wild. He said it’s not impossible that it came from nature but that it would be very unlikely and that it takes a period of time for viruses to mutate to a point where they can withstand a human immune system. He said similar viruses take time to adapt to the human body before they wreak havoc like this one has so it was peculiar how this one seemed to have skipped that evolutionary process if it did in fact come from the wild and not the lab.

And aside from that, this virus epicenter is just miles away from the only lab in the world that studies that specific type of virus, while also studying it’s effects on humans. I’m sure that is just a coincidence.

I mentioned this in another thread about COVID a few months back but I listened to a podcast about a year ago, where Brett Weinstein was interviewed and he discussed (paraphrasing) why he thought it most likely came from the lab and it was due to the fact the virus was so far advanced and evolved and adept to humans that it would have almost certainly had to have surfaced long before it did if it came from the wild. He said it’s not impossible that it came from nature but that it would be very unlikely and that it takes a period of time for viruses to mutate to a point where they can withstand a human immune system. He said similar viruses take time to adapt to the human body before they wreak havoc like this one has so it was peculiar how this one seemed to have skipped that evolutionary process if it did in fact come from the wild and not the lab.

And aside from that, this virus epicenter is just miles away from the only lab in the world that studies that specific type of virus, while also studying it’s effects on humans. I’m sure that is just a coincidence.
There’s nothing to say that the Wuhan lab didn’t take a virus that was found in nature and genetically-engineered it into the form that struck in late 2019/early 2020. China knew it would mutate after the plague was unleashed on the world.

Yes, because the Chinese government would never "cover up" a lab leak that could make them liable for millions of deaths globally and trillions of dollars of economic damage, right? Never mind that they weren't responsible members of the global community when they literally hid the pandemic for months. And there was literally no evidence they were going to share that it originated there until a whistleblower came forward.

It's amazing the MSM hasn't pushed more for a global investigation into China's cover up.

Yeah the lab leak theory was always a legitimate possibility, for painfully obvious reasons. I was also amazed so few in the MSM had an interest in literally the biggest story in a generation.

There still isn't definitive proof it came from the lab, but its certainly a possibility. A Republican senator was saying that in spring of 2020. Almost immediately the MSM started referring to it as a "debunked conspiracy theory". Then people around the country picked up on MSM terminology of a "debunked conspiracy theory". I don't blame the people for being naive here. One ought to be able to trust that the MSM isn't a bunch of corrupt political activists. Unfortunately that's what they have evolved into. It isn't FOX opinion hosts or MSNBC opinion hosts that are the great danger to this country. When they talk, you know there is bias. When the ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN of the world care more about political activism than journalism we have a big problem.

Translation on Politi"fact" change in their "opinion". Liberals are now talking about the lab theory, so its no longer a "debunked conspiracy theory".

Yes, because the Chinese government would never "cover up" a lab leak that could make them liable for millions of deaths globally and trillions of dollars of economic damage, right? Never mind that they weren't responsible members of the global community when they literally hid the pandemic for months. And there was literally no evidence they were going to share that it originated there until a whistleblower came forward.

It's amazing the MSM hasn't pushed more for a global investigation into China's cover up.
the msm is a bunch of communists who are envious of china and the way they live

they wont challenge china and know better not to

Its literally unbelievable the lengths the MSM went to in distorting/lying to the American people on just the possibility that the lab leak could have been the cause. Click on lets revisit blue arrow below.

Yeah the lab leak theory was always a legitimate possibility, for painfully obvious reasons.

There still isn't definitive proof it came from the lab, but its certainly a possibility.
what would china's punishment be if it was a lab accident

Will he get banned from social media?

Why do you blur the lines between truth and speculation?

Unless I missed something, there were people that lied and said the virus came from the lab or posted conspiracy theories saying as much. They were banned from some social media.

It's pretty clear. Don't post lies on social media or you may be banned.

Now, it may be true that Covid did come from the lab as we get more information. But that wouldn't make a lie told last year any less wrong.

Unless I missed something, there were people that lied and said the virus came from the lab or posted conspiracy theories saying as much. They were banned from some social media.

Now, it may be true that Covid did come from the lab as we get more information. But that wouldn't make a lie told last year any less wrong.
when will the new york and los angeles times and washington post be banned from social media then

project veritas was banned for videos exposing democrats and they werent lying

ever notice its only non democrats that get banned

What the hell is this? You make it sound like it was a lie that the Wuhan virus came out of a lab. How was it a lie then (oh, I guess Trump or someone affiliated with him said it so it had to be a lie?) but it is not now? It’s just an absurd thing to say by you. Maybe it was true all along but you just can’t admit it because of who said it…..

What the hell is this? You make it sound like it was a lie that the Wuhan virus came out of a lab. How was it a lie then (oh, I guess Trump or someone affiliated with him said it so it had to be a lie?) but it is not now? It’s just an absurd thing to say by you. Maybe it was true all along but you just can’t admit it because of who said it…..
its the bobber

Said nothing of the sort.

There was no proof then nor is there now......unless I'm missing something. But the evidence is growing that it may very well have come from the lab.......evidence that wasn't available when people were saying it was fact last year.

People that made declarative statements that it came from the lab were making accusations with no proof. It may or may not turn out to be a lie, but at the time it was a lie.

U.S. intelligence agencies are examining reports that researchers at a Chinese virology laboratory were seriously ill in 2019 a month before the first cases of COVID-19 were reported, according to U.S. government sources who cautioned that there is still no proof the disease originated at the lab.

There was no proof then nor is there now......unless I'm missing something. But the evidence is growing that it may very well have come from the lab.......evidence that wasn't available when people were saying it was fact last year.

People that made declarative statements that it came from the lab were making accusations with no proof. It may or may not turn out to be a lie, but at the time it was a lie.

U.S. intelligence agencies are examining reports that researchers at a Chinese virology laboratory were seriously ill in 2019 a month before the first cases of COVID-19 were reported, according to U.S. government sources who cautioned that there is still no proof the disease originated at the lab.

There was plenty of evidence out there over a year ago. Including first hand information from lab workers.
Of course the MSM and MSNBC didn't cover it because Trump was calling it the China virus. Red man always wrong Trump bad.

Idiotic. Speculation or surmising is not lying, There was some anecdotal evidence at the time that the Chinese were covering up things that happened in the Wuhan lab. It could not be proven. Now there is more evidence. It was NEVER lying.

There was plenty of evidence out there over a year ago. Including first hand information from lab workers.
Of course the MSM and MSNBC didn't cover it because Trump was calling it the China virus. Red man always wrong Trump bad.
You guys have to catch me up. When did the Trump admin publish reports of their investigations?

January 15 2021.

But the media.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

By your basis for lying, it means you are lying every single day with the amount of speculation and surmising you do and have done. It’s just an insane thing to say by you.

Idiotic. Speculation or surmising is not lying, There was some anecdotal evidence at the time that the Chinese were covering up things that happened in the Wuhan lab. It could not be proven. Now there is more evidence. It was NEVER lying.
Speculation, surmising, lying. The point of this was getting banned from social media. People went on sites and said it came from the lab.......which we STILL don't know is true. If you go on social media and say things that aren't true you can get banned. Not sure why that's hard to understand. If it is proven to be true it still doesn't change what happened at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
By your basis for lying, it means you are lying every single day with the amount of speculation and surmising you do and have done. It’s just an insane thing to say by you.
Call me out. Call me a liar. You'll be right for once.

If I go on social media and state that trump under reported the value of his properties for tax purposes and over reported them for bank loans, I can be banned. Even if it turns out to be true, doesn't change that what I posted at the time.

Speculation, surmising, lying. The point of this was getting banned from social media. People went on sites and said it came from the lab.......which we STILL don't know is true. If you go on social media and say things that aren't true you can get banned. Not sure why that's hard to understand. If it is proven to be true it still doesn't change what happened at the time.
Keep on backtracking Bob. Any post that even suggested it as a possibility was being flagged and “fact checked” as false or disinformation. You and yours ridiculed trump and anyone who came out and even brought it up as a possibility. Just own it.

So following your own logic, the fact checkers shouldn’t have been labeling anything as false or disinformation without proof either way. The circumstantial evidence alone warranted a much more critical look at the lab theory but nope, just slap a fact check tag on it and move along.

Anyone with half a brain was suspicious of the whole thing, especially the convenient timing of it all. Just in time to tank the US economy leading up to the election. My guess is the question will soon become, not whether it came from the lab, but did it come from the lab intentionally?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT