ADVERTISEMENT

WR Corey Holmes anybody ?

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
he's a grad transfer WR from Notre Dame looking for a home and taking an official visit to Purdue this weekend. Anybody know anything about him?

4 star from Florida......St Thomas Aquinas. He's a good player who could contribute.

He was recruited by Purdue out of HS. He's very fast, and of course, we could really use him. I think that transfers now, will help us with transfers in the future. A transfer from ND will help us sell other transfers in the future. Maybe even help with other ND transfers in the future.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I believe this is a huge signing for Brohm and Purdue ! this is an athlete that actually wanted to sign with Purdue before he visited us! He brings speed, ability and talent. I'm a little surprised he's going to graduate and still have 2 years of eligibility left. He was clocked with a legit 4.39 in the 40 last year. The kid can fly ! I don't know the situation in Notre Dame. of why he wasn't used more. I wish him success so that others will see it and follow. I give Brohm an A for this signing. he went after a guy and sealed the deal on his official visit. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Coach Brohm and staff have completely redone our receiving corps, a Huge congrats to them for identifying needs at that particular position and getting the job done! The spot that he inherited from "the other guy", was a flat out terrible position to be in, he is bringing in speed and experience. Hopefully we will get some contributions from the wideouts already here, now throw in our 2 Good TE's, we have the makings of some firepower on Offense. Keep working on finding some OL to seal the deal!
Go Boilers!!

Brohm is already getting interesting results. This is a big get that gives credibility to the new regime. Recruiting is going to turn around sooner rather than later I sense.

Is this the second coming of Vinny S? I like this very much!

Could not stand the hopeless look of the WRs from hands of faster DBs of the opposing team.

Can wait till picking defenses by the QB, TEs and WRs for basketball on grass

Shouldn't take much for Brohm to sell to a WR. The numbers more or less sell his offense. Glad to see we landed a talented guy.

I believe this is a huge signing for Brohm and Purdue ! this is an athlete that actually wanted to sign with Purdue before he visited us! He brings speed, ability and talent. I'm a little surprised he's going to graduate and still have 2 years of eligibility left. He was clocked with a legit 4.39 in the 40 last year. The kid can fly ! I don't know the situation in Notre Dame. of why he wasn't used more. I wish him success so that others will see it and follow. I give Brohm an A for this signing. he went after a guy and sealed the deal on his official visit. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

He is very talented. Great pick-up for Purdue. ND has a hell of a lot of talent at WR right now. He just wasn't going to see the field much. He will start day one and be a game changer.

Reactions: boiler800
Shouldn't take much for Brohm to sell to a WR. The numbers more or less sell his offense. Glad to see we landed a talented guy.
I would have said the same thing for Tiller and it never happened.

Im hoping he can sell his OL prowess since he had a likely first round guard last year.

I would have said the same thing for Tiller and it never happened.

Im hoping he can sell his OL prowess since he had a likely first round guard last year.
I agree with you, but we did get a couple highly rated WR recruits that didn't pan out: Noel and Simpson come to mind.

Hate to be a Debby Downer but are we going to have an offensive line who can block long enough for our spiffy new receivers to get open?
Youll see a lot of screen plays. Better version of the nordfense.

Hate to be a Debby Downer but are we going to have an offensive line who can block long enough for our spiffy new receivers to get open?
Fair comment. But I like our chances a lot better under the new regime. And in time, the new staff will bring in quality linemen.

I thought so too, but he graduated in 3 years, and redshirted 1 year.

Pretty normal for ND players. Because of summer school and the fact that they take full class schedules in the fall, players are on schedule to graduate in 3 - 3 1/2 years.

The guy has great speed - was one of the fastest players on the ND roster. He played behind Will Fuller for 2 years, and most observers felt he would be the logical replacement. However, he never seemed able to separate himself from the other receivers on the team.

Line has to hold long enough to get the ball out.
True, throw in the running back who can pas-block the best and hope blough can use his feet to buy enough time, should be interesting to see what our OL Coach can do with our group.

Coach Brohm and staff have completely redone our receiving corps, a Huge congrats to them for identifying needs at that particular position and getting the job done! The spot that he inherited from "the other guy", was a flat out terrible position to be in, he is bringing in speed and experience. Hopefully we will get some contributions from the wideouts already here, now throw in our 2 Good TE's, we have the makings of some firepower on Offense. Keep working on finding some OL to seal the deal!
Go Boilers!!
Now D-Line and O-Line!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT