ADVERTISEMENT

While we may disagree on policy

Since you didn't answer the previous time I asked, I'll try again.
Who is responsible for setting immigration policy? Who has made it their signature policy?
Trump wants one of two things. Immigration legislation that gives him EVERYTHING he wants or no fix at all. No solution to the problem allows him to continue to use it for for political purposes. He thinks he wins either way.....which is the point.
You do recall that when Republicans held the White House and the Senate and the house that there was a bipartisan bill that Trump refused to sign right? You remember how he changed his mind on what he would sign......so much so that the republicans in Congress didn't know what to put forward because they didn't know what he would sign?
Immigration policy is his responsibility. To try to get a bill that has everything he wants in the middle of a divided congress makes zero sense. He will not compromise nor will he negotiate. It's got to be the wall and everything he wants or Nothing at All. So it goes from being just his responsibility to being his fault.
He threatens to close the border then seems shocked that the number of illegal crossings explodes. He stops funding to the Central American countries where the immigrants come from and cuts talks with them about the crisis. Seems like a good idea to try to improve the conditions in their home countries so the people won't want to leave. But no, when you have a wall mentality you don't consider such alternatives.
Does Congress get credit for the economy? After all, they passed the tax cut. No, Trump is the hero. But when it comes to Trump's number one issue, Congress gets the blame for a failed policy they didn't create.

Are you for open borders?

Since you didn't answer the previous time I asked, I'll try again.
Who is responsible for setting immigration policy? Who has made it their signature policy?
Trump wants one of two things. Immigration legislation that gives him EVERYTHING he wants or no fix at all. No solution to the problem allows him to continue to use it for for political purposes. He thinks he wins either way.....which is the point.
You do recall that when Republicans held the White House and the Senate and the house that there was a bipartisan bill that Trump refused to sign right? You remember how he changed his mind on what he would sign......so much so that the republicans in Congress didn't know what to put forward because they didn't know what he would sign?
Immigration policy is his responsibility. To try to get a bill that has everything he wants in the middle of a divided congress makes zero sense. He will not compromise nor will he negotiate. It's got to be the wall and everything he wants or Nothing at All. So it goes from being just his responsibility to being his fault.
He threatens to close the border then seems shocked that the number of illegal crossings explodes. He stops funding to the Central American countries where the immigrants come from and cuts talks with them about the crisis. Seems like a good idea to try to improve the conditions in their home countries so the people won't want to leave. But no, when you have a wall mentality you don't consider such alternatives.
Does Congress get credit for the economy? After all, they passed the tax cut. No, Trump is the hero. But when it comes to Trump's number one issue, Congress gets the blame for a failed policy they didn't create.

Are you for open borders?

Bonefish pulling out the lamest of tropes. Try harder. Hell, just try.

Not nearly as pissed as I am at you for being a heartless jackass and not caring that the majority of these folks are trying to escape situations that you and I can’t even begin to fathom.

Heartless jackass? Is that supposed to offend me? I've been called much worse.
And guess what, I never give money to homeless people either. Meanie right? I know! I should be ashamed.....
Besides being a bleeding heart lib, yacking on an internet forum and yelling about Trump, what are you personally doing to better the situation for these people?
Or is your moral outrage enough to satisfy your personal quota of action?

that's most of it. there's only a few reasons and they aren't here for any legal one.
I guess that I don't understand your response to my question as to whether race/religion/political opinion are the only bases for pursuit of asylum, apart from your belief that they should not be here.

racist bro.

Something tells me you're too young to know what racism is.
Reminds me of an argument I was having with my 16 year old know-it-all niece who said Trump was a racist (but then couldn't cite a single incidence to back up her opinion).

I guess that I don't understand your response to my question as to whether race/religion/political opinion are the only bases for pursuit of asylum, apart from your belief that they should not be here.
First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country. Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Not nearly as pissed as I am at you for being a heartless jackass and not caring that the majority of these folks are trying to escape situations that you and I can’t even begin to fathom.

Heartless jackass? Is that supposed to offend me? I've been called much worse.
And guess what, I never give money to homeless people either. Meanie right? I know! I should be ashamed.....
Besides being a bleeding heart lib, yacking on an internet forum and yelling about Trump, what are you personally doing to better the situation for these people?
Or is your moral outrage enough to satisfy your personal quota of action?

I mean if you’re a heartless jackass and fully own it then no, I wouldn’t expect you to be offended.

And so since you’re a heartless jackass, it’s not surprising that you’re on here getting pissed at people who don’t think it’s okay to keep kids in cages. But that’s just me. You just keep on being a heartless jackass, you heartless jackass.

Reminds me of an argument I was having with my 16 year old know-it-all niece who said Trump was a racist (but then couldn't cite a single incidence to back up her opinion).
too young? rofl...you guys are full of it. because I don't line up and drink from the tv news telling me how I should feel, I'm too young (LOL), racist, or some other name. You can't use logic and reason to defend your position so this is all that's left...congrats.

Reactions: 70boiler
First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country. Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.
Glad that you established that, particulary since one of the primary areas of contention has/is becoming the social group membership basis.
While, I accept that the large majority of migrants don't qualify, my dilemma is that a significant number do, but the current administration sentiment appears to me to be that it simply doesn't care and is more inclined to create/allow an enormous backlog to occur so as to justify its complaint that it is incapable of adjudicating the individual issues as required due to the backlog of its own creation.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
You can be a Trumpie and still oppose locking children up in cages. Or can you?

Last edited:
People in western countries being OK with their governments destroying or economically subjugating neighboring 3rd world countries and then acting surprised when people from those countries show up on their door step never ceases to amaze me

You want unfettered predatory capitalism abroad, but you don’t want to deal with the consequences of that. You want limitless consumption of scarce resources, actively destroying the climate around the equator, but you don’t want to deal with the consequences of that.

If you don’t want migrants showing up at your doorstep, then you should adopt a politics that prioritizes fighting climate change and dismantling America’s global empire. If you think climate change is a hoax or that the United States has to be the world’s policeman, then you don’t get to complain about migrants. It’s just that simple.

Reactions: BoilerBiker
Off the top of my head...
The Justice Department's lawsuit against Trump Management Company for housing discrimination.
His treatment of the Central Park 5, years after their exoneration he still insisted on their guilt during the 2016 election.
All of the birtherism bs that he led. All the accusations Obama wasn't born in the country, that he was a Muslim.

OK, if you're such a saint, go out on the streets tonight, find a homeless person, and invite them to live at your house until their conditions improve.
Better yet, go to a homeless shelter for battered women and children and take some of them into your home. We'll be waiting to hear your report.

Years back my wife wanted to adopt a troubled youngster. We had 3 of our own aging from 13 to 5.
After thinking about it we decided against it. Purely selfish reasons because we didn't want to expose our children to a troubled 12 year old.
Is it bad of us for wanting to take care of our own?

I mean if you’re a heartless jackass and fully own it then no, I wouldn’t expect you to be offended.

And so since you’re a heartless jackass, it’s not surprising that you’re on here getting pissed at people who don’t think it’s okay to keep kids in cages. But that’s just me. You just keep on being a heartless jackass, you heartless jackass.

Would it make you feel better if they were in a fenced-in wooden enclosure or is it the fact that it's a chain link fence that upsets you?

too young? rofl...you guys are full of it. because I don't line up and drink from the tv news telling me how I should feel, I'm too young (LOL), racist, or some other name. You can't use logic and reason to defend your position so this is all that's left...congrats.

Try to be a little descriptive and tell us exactly what is 'racist'? Is being anti-illegal immigration racist?
Is telling people to not break the law and then processing them when they do racist?
People like you love to throw around the word "racist" when you really don't have any idea what true racism is.
Doing so really is an affront to those who have experienced true racism.

OK, if you're such a saint, go out on the streets tonight, find a homeless person, and invite them to live at your house until their conditions improve.
Better yet, go to a homeless shelter for battered women and children and take some of them into your home. We'll be waiting to hear your report.

Years back my wife wanted to adopt a troubled youngster. We had 3 of our own aging from 13 to 5.
After thinking about it we decided against it. Purely selfish reasons because we didn't want to expose our children to a troubled 12 year old.
Is it bad of us for wanting to take care of our own?

You have an amazing knack for saying the things out loud that should be kept to yourself.

Also, your story has absolutely nothing to do with what’s going on at the border. Nothing.

Would it make you feel better if they were in a fenced-in wooden enclosure or is it the fact that it's a chain link fence that upsets you?

Look at you trying to be cute while still being a heartless jackass.

People in western countries being OK with their governments destroying or economically subjugating neighboring 3rd world countries and then acting surprised when people from those countries show up on their door step never ceases to amaze me

You want unfettered predatory capitalism abroad, but you don’t want to deal with the consequences of that. You want limitless consumption of scarce resources, actively destroying the climate around the equator, but you don’t want to deal with the consequences of that.

If you don’t want migrants showing up at your doorstep, then you should adopt a politics that prioritizes fighting climate change and dismantling America’s global empire. If you think climate change is a hoax or that the United States has to be the world’s policeman, then you don’t get to complain about migrants. It’s just that simple.

Or you just protect your borders.....
Sometimes other countries have to figure out and solve their own problems. As the worlds most important economy, we already do our part.

You have an amazing knack for saying the things out loud that should be kept to yourself.

Also, your story has absolutely nothing to do with what’s going on at the border. Nothing.

Well it does. We are bringing in people who are breaking the law. They are influencing our society, right out of the gate, in a negative way.
We need to take care of our own and allow legal immigration. Are we being selfish or are we watching out for our own?

Off the top of my head...
The Justice Department's lawsuit against Trump Management Company for housing discrimination.
His treatment of the Central Park 5, years after their exoneration he still insisted on their guilt during the 2016 election.
All of the birtherism bs that he led. All the accusations Obama wasn't born in the country, that he was a Muslim.

president-trump-was-never-called-a-racist-untilhe-ran-against-43856253.png

Not only am I heartless, but I'm unempathetic as well. Oh yeh, almost forget.....unsympathetic to. Oh...and unapologetic.
But, I love the USA and I AM AN AMERICAN!

Well it does. We are bringing in people who are breaking the law. They are influencing our society, right out of the gate, in a negative way.
We need to take care of our own and allow legal immigration. Are we being selfish or are we watching out for our own?

Wtf are you even talking about? Influencing our society in a negative way? Meanwhile Trump is cozying up to dictators and that’s somehow fine. Your priorities are beyond a mess.

Reactions: indy35
Not only am I heartless, but I'm unempathetic as well. Oh yeh, almost forget.....unsympathetic to. Oh...and unapologetic.
The deplorable identification could not have been more accurate.

Never said you didn’t love this country. I said you’re a heartless jackass. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive , although your supposed love of this country stems mainly from fear of others who aren’t like you. That’s the fukked up part.

Reactions: indy35
I gave you real examples and your response is an idiotic meme? Those 3 examples occurred before he ran so the photo is incorrect anyway.

Oh....I get it now. Trump only became a racist AFTER he became POTUS. That's really interesting.......

These young black people must be really mad at him.

DC_04.jpg

Wtf are you even talking about? Influencing our society in a negative way? Meanwhile Trump is cozying up to dictators and that’s somehow fine. Your priorities are beyond a mess.

What Trump is doing is called negotiating and diplomacy, as opposed to Obama who literally gave hundreds of millions of $ to Iran in the hope that he could appease the terrorists into not hating the US.

Never said you didn’t love this country. I said you’re a heartless jackass. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive , although your supposed love of this country stems mainly from fear of others who aren’t like you. That’s the fukked up part.

I'm all for immigration.....LEGAL immigration. There's no free pass to becoming an American. Unless you're born here, you have to earn it.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Oh....I get it now. Trump only became a racist AFTER he became POTUS. That's really interesting.......

These young black people must be really mad at him.

DC_04.jpg
What don’t you understand about the 3 examples I have all occurred before he ran? You have no real argument so all you can do is post pictures that have no relevance whatsoever. I bet your niece walked circles around you, you were just too dense to understand.

Still waiting for the wall. Where is it, SD?
Even for you, this is just lazy. More has been started since these articles were written.

D activists have gotten a liberal 9th Circuit judge (imagine that, appointed by Obama) to block Trump's most recent attempt to reconstitute funds and use it for additional wall work. That was $5B+.

So to answer your question, Trump is getting some of the wall system built - just not enough yet because Ds in Congress and liberal activists keep trying to put up roadblocks. Thing is, Trump will not quit trying to get more done on this.

In March last year (2018) Mr.Trump secured $1.6bn from Congress for projects at the border.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/trumps-border-wall-breaks-ground-in-san-diego/

The US Customs and Border Protection agency (CBP) has said this raised enough money to build approximately 100 miles of "border wall system".

In the months that followed, the CBP said it has replaced about 14 miles of scrap metal barrier with a "bollard-style wall" in San Diego, built two miles of "primary wall" in California and 20 miles of "new border wall" in Santa Teresa, New Mexico.

And in December 2018, the CBP contracted the US Army Corps of Engineers to construct up to 14 miles of "secondary wall" and up to 15 miles of primary pedestrian replacement wall in San Diego, Yuma, and El Centro Sectors.

Still waiting for the wall. Where is it, SD?
Even for you, this is just lazy. More has been started since these articles were written.

D activists have gotten a liberal 9th Circuit judge (imagine that, appointed by Obama) to block Trump's most recent attempt to reconstitute funds and use it for additional wall work. That was $5B+.

So to answer your question, Trump is getting some of the wall system built - just not enough yet because Ds in Congress and liberal activists keep trying to put up roadblocks. Thing is, Trump will not quit trying to get more done on this.

In March last year (2018) Mr.Trump secured $1.6bn from Congress for projects at the border.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/trumps-border-wall-breaks-ground-in-san-diego/

The US Customs and Border Protection agency (CBP) has said this raised enough money to build approximately 100 miles of "border wall system".

In the months that followed, the CBP said it has replaced about 14 miles of scrap metal barrier with a "bollard-style wall" in San Diego, built two miles of "primary wall" in California and 20 miles of "new border wall" in Santa Teresa, New Mexico.

And in December 2018, the CBP contracted the US Army Corps of Engineers to construct up to 14 miles of "secondary wall" and up to 15 miles of primary pedestrian replacement wall in San Diego, Yuma, and El Centro Sectors.

So In other words, nothing has been done. Even though it was a national emergency. Lmao. It’s never gonna get done. But tanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT