ADVERTISEMENT

What was promised and to whom?

It appears that the President has, at least implicitly, acknowledged that his conversation with the Ukraine President tied funding with the Biden matter. NBC News reports the President saying to reporters today -
"We want to make sure that country is honest. It's very important to talk about corruption. If you don't talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?" Trump told reporters when asked what he had spoken about with Ukraine's new president in a July phone call.
“It’s very important that, on occasion, you speak to somebody about corruption,” he said, moments after telling reporters: "Let me just tell you — let me just tell you. What Biden did was wrong."
I guess this explains why he hired Viktor Yanukovych’s attorney, Paul Manafort to run his campaign. BTW Victor was the most corrupt of the corrupt and took off to Russia when the heat got to be to much with the state treasury or at least as much as he could carry. I haven’t seen Trump worry too much about Putin harboring this criminal who stole millions if not billions from Ukraine. It was revealed when the Ukrainian’s took over Yanukovych’s palace that Manafort had received millions in off shore bank accounts from Ukraine. Nice track record on corruption in Ukraine Trump.

glidesquirrel: Perhaps I am not doing a good job of explaining what I think. The Queen of England is held to a higher standard than the PM or any member of the House of Lords, the House of Commons, etc because she above all others, represents Great Britain. I realize there is a vast difference in that form of government but in my opinion, the highest standards should be upheld by the President. There is a huge difference between the President and his actions and everyone else [Senators, congressman, state representatives, private citizens, etc.]. It does not mean that others should not be investigated or judged or punished but it does mean that I expect more of the person who is the representative and the symbol of our government. For the President not to obey the law and to attempt to be above the law or subvert the law is undermining the very basis of our government. Perhaps I am wrong because I do not know him, but it seems like Trump does not understand what I have tried to explain. We are a country based on law [Constitution] and if we lose that what is left?
Laws? Clintons? Obama's AG selling guns to Mexican cartels? Laws....are you kidding me Beth? Where was your outrage for those folks?

Laws? Clintons? Obama's AG selling guns to Mexican cartels? Laws....are you kidding me Beth? Where was your outrage for those folks?
I mean, I was outraged by Clinton's wanton disregard for classified information. That's why I didn't vote for her. But I haven't seen much evidence of actual criminal wrongdoing that's going to stand up in a court of law. When I see that, be it Trump or Clinton, I'll be outraged. I suspect we'll see something on Trump and right soon.

Reactions: 70boiler
I mean, I was outraged by Clinton's wanton disregard for classified information. That's why I didn't vote for her. But I haven't seen much evidence of actual criminal wrongdoing that's going to stand up in a court of law. When I see that, be it Trump or Clinton, I'll be outraged. I suspect we'll see something on Trump and right soon.
See, that's where we differ. I think Clinton should be in jail now, not only for her lack of regard for that info, but for the Clinton Foundation. As for Trump, he's done nothing to warrant such an action as much as others on here may wish it so.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
See, that's where we differ. I think Clinton should be in jail now, not only for her lack of regard for that info, but for the Clinton Foundation. As for Trump, he's done nothing to warrant such an action as much as others on here may wish it so.
Right, I know we differ on things like the Constitution, the rule of law, and the meaning of individual liberty. You apply those terms haphazardly based on your moral and political allegiances, whereas I apply them to, you know, everyone.

Right, I know we differ on things like the Constitution, the rule of law, and the meaning of individual liberty. You apply those terms haphazardly based on your moral and political allegiances, whereas I apply them to, you know, everyone.
Actually, do apply them to everyone. Individual liberty is a slippery slope when your liberty steps on mine, or attempts to take it away.

If only dept. :
"A" hearing setting out facts..."
A fact based censure (resolution) "

Interminable hearings have , and will continue to be, opportunities for congressional hard-core Trumpers to kneecap any and all efforts to present truth. Free-for-alls usually ensue. ONE hearing about facts ? If only enough swing voters would pay attention.

Censure would almost certainly fall along party-line voting, diluting its impact.
I'm thinking now about a bottom-line up calculation by the Democratic Party about proceeding with Impeachment:
Would the additional 2020 Dem. turnout in battleground states resulting from the Articles more than offset the GOP's add'l pity-for-Trump numbers ??
A house censure would be a no brainer...

Twin: You assume so much about me. How do you know what I believe or how I behave or how I think? Where is my “outrage”? If a person on this board disagrees with me and is insulting to me, I do not get into an internet shouting match or name calling, I simply block them

The only person who ought to be in prison is the person who came up with the Trump haircut.

The only person who ought to be in prison is the person who came up with the Trump haircut.

Haha - you are right. On the subject of Trump's appearance: Who puts the foundation on his face? Terrible job. Who chose the shade? Again, awful as it is far too orange. Who dresses him? With his money, he could have his suits tailored so they fit. His "tux" looked dreadful when he was at the state dinner given by the queen.

Last edited:
Reactions: doubleyous
Haha - you are right. On the subject of Trump's appearance: Who puts the foundation on his face? Terrible job. Who chose the shade? Again, awful as it is far too orange. Who dresses him? With his money, he could have his suits tailored so they fit. His "tux" looked dreadful when he was at the state dinner given by the queen.
How does that matter? You don't like him is all that matters in your mind

Twin: You assume so much about me. How do you know what I believe or how I behave or how I think? Where is my “outrage”? If a person on this board disagrees with me and is insulting to me, I do not get into an internet shouting match or name calling, I simply block them
Beth, where was your outrage of those I mentioned? I'm not "assuming" anything about you because for the most part, we've had civil discussions.

How does that matter? You don't like him is all that matters in your mind

Honestly, I think the same thing about movie stars, tv stars, royal family, etc. A movie star who is good looking with a great figure shows up for a movie premiere looking awful and I wonder why. They can afford the best -best make up people, best advice on clothing, best hairdressers, etc and they show up looking terrible. Recently Prince Harry was shown on tv wearing a grey suit that looked so rumpled I wondered if he had slept in it. Why? Maybe they are just unwilling to listen to their advisors? Or what? It really puzzles me.

Beth, come on...is it really that important to criicize everything about the man? More people have jobs, he's improved Obamacare, the troops are safer, the military is stronger, he wants to improve health care more for everyone, he's tried to get the Dems to work on the infrastructure....He's not the anti-Christ as you make him out to be. Did you go after every travesty that belonged to Obama? Bush? Clinton?

Honestly, I think the same thing about movie stars, tv stars, royal family, etc. A movie star who is good looking with a great figure shows up for a movie premiere looking awful and I wonder why. They can afford the best -best make up people, best advice on clothing, best hairdressers, etc and they show up looking terrible. Recently Prince Harry was shown on tv wearing a grey suit that looked so rumpled I wondered if he had slept in it. Why? Maybe they are just unwilling to listen to their advisors? Or what? It really puzzles me.
Maybe they don't care about unimportant things Beth.

Beth, come on...is it really that important to criicize everything about the man? More people have jobs, he's improved Obamacare, the troops are safer, the military is stronger, he wants to improve health care more for everyone, he's tried to get the Dems to work on the infrastructure....He's not the anti-Christ as you make him out to be. Did you go after every travesty that belonged to Obama? Bush? Clinton?

Can you please expand on why you believe these three points to be true?

Can you please expand on why you believe these three points to be true?

Thank you. I was just going to ask the same thing. The first one alone is patently false because the admin is trying to remove coverage for pre existing conditions and has no replacement plan at all for Obamacare even though it was touted over and Over that there would be.

Thank you. I was just going to ask the same thing. The first one alone is patently false because the admin is trying to remove coverage for pre existing conditions and has no replacement plan at all for Obamacare even though it was touted over and Over that there would be.
PLEASE....Verifiable Proof that they're trying to remove pre existing. Never has Trump said that, and quite often just the opposite.

PLEASE....Verifiable Proof that they're trying to remove pre existing. Never has Trump said that, and quite often just the opposite.

HE says it yet what’s going on behind the scenes with the administration are two different things. Imagine that.

To Pre exist or not to pre exist

Did you go after every travesty that belonged to Obama? Bush? Clinton?
Face it Twin , the majority of Americans can't stand the man. He's never going to change. He's not winning over any naysayers. He is what he is. I would venture to say that he has not picked up 1 additional vote since the last election. Young people think he's a joke.

Surely you jes

Alas, I do. Perhaps I am just shallow but I think how one presents oneself matters. Jane Goodall looks great because she is presenting herself to the world exactly as the person she is.

Last edited:
Face it Twin , the majority of Americans can't stand the man. He's never going to change. He's not winning over any naysayers. He is what he is. I would venture to say that he has not picked up 1 additional vote since the last election. Young people think he's a joke.
What about the young cheerleading squad in NC. What about the 50,000 or so Indian supporters in Houston, what about the majority of the people in Indiana. Not sure where you live. In Butler county Ohio where I live the president is very popular.

What about the young cheerleading squad in NC. What about the 50,000 or so Indian supporters in Houston, what about the majority of the people in Indiana. Not sure where you live. In Butler county Ohio where I live the president is very popular.

Hitler had a lot of fans too. What’s your point ?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan

I've never heard Trump complain about other countries not giving aid to Ukraine. Never. He's talked plenty about contributions to NATO. Apparently he thinks people don't know the difference. That's true in the case of his supporters.

I'm not sure that one can necessarily equate 50,000 of Indian heritage appearing at a program headlining Indian P.M. Modi, at which the President was an invited guest, with their being supporters of the President. Perhaps so, but I question that it is a given.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I'm not sure that one can necessarily equate 50,000 of Indian heritage appearing at a program headlining Indian P.M. Modi, at which the President was an invited guest, with their being supporters of the President. Perhaps so, but I question that it is a given.
If there were protesters or anti Trump people I did not see or hear them. Kinda nice for a change. The PM was supportive of the US and the President.

Butler County, Ohio = Trump country.
Late Sept., 2019 report from all OTHER counties in America:

High-30's approval
Mid-50's disapproval

But if you find yourself, soon, in the hills of northern Alabama at the pancake festival....
Don't forget to check in back here with your DJT popularity update.....

Reactions: Fansince72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT