ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger

As I have posted previously, I still think that it will be UCLA. DePaul is a Big East bottom-feeder and has been for a while. However, after Villanova and Xavier there is a big drop to Butler and Seton Hall and then you go to Marquette, Providence and Georgetown. With a good class or two, DePaul is capable of moving into the Butler/SH ranks maybe. However, that makes you a marginal NCAA team. I would think Tyger would look for more.

Regardless, I hope that he makes a decision that is correct for him and I wish him well. Purdue still strikes me as the best choice for him but I am not the decision-maker.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Much more since class basketball ruined high school basketball in the state of Indiana.
Class basketball didn't really change the regular season at all. Gender equity & having to allow the girls to play on weekends is what drove more boys games to week nights. Most schools after Christmas play a boys/girls double header on weekends & moved the JV games to week nights.

Class basketball didn't really change the regular season at all. Gender equity & having to allow the girls to play on weekends is what drove more boys games to week nights. Most schools after Christmas play a boys/girls double header on weekends & moved the JV games to week nights.
Some smaller schools started playing more schools that were small by traveling a larger distance because they were now in the sectional...maybe 4 or 5...i don't know

Some smaller schools started playing more schools that were small by traveling a larger distance because they were now in the sectional...maybe 4 or 5...i don't know
this is a moot, mute, inuit conversation .... it is what it fking is .... there is NO going back.

this is a moot, mute, inuit conversation .... it is what it fking is .... there is NO going back.
....and the reason is smaller schools wanted more winners. No it is but a fond memory that will not return

Eh I'm talking about extreme crap. I'd imagine Purdue's student body is as a whole more conservative than DePaul. Enough about politics, as DePaul does and will suck at basketball.

this.

Purdue has long been a reasonable, rational campus.

We still have our social justice warrior crap, the leftist perfessers teaching white privilege and the like. That'll always happen. It's academia, where logic and sanity can be abandoned for nirvana.

this.

Purdue has long been a reasonable, rational campus.

We still have our social justice warrior crap, the leftist perfessers teaching white privilege and the like. That'll always happen. It's academia, where logic and sanity can be abandoned for nirvana.
so, since you brought it up ... yes, YOU ... there is a class in cultural studies, I need to go see what it is, but all the athletes take it, and they each must keep a privilege diary. It's really interesting to see how easily the white guys fill it in and how the black guys, generally, struggle. Over Thanksgiving, many black football players stay on campus ... hardly any white players stay. And it does have a bit to do with distance ... but still ... My family and my good friend's family and many assistant coaches host the players who can't go home ... it;s a great, great experience .....

so, since you brought it up ... yes, YOU ... there is a class in cultural studies, I need to go see what it is, but all the athletes take it, and they each must keep a privilege diary. It's really interesting to see how easily the white guys fill it in and how the black guys, generally, struggle. Over Thanksgiving, many black football players stay on campus ... hardly any white players stay. And it does have a bit to do with distance ... but still ... My family and my good friend's family and many assistant coaches host the players who can't go home ... it;s a great, great experience .....

uh huh.

Shaming people and possibly having them hate themselves for what they have that someone else *MIGHT* not have isn't good. It's detestable.

Lift others. Don't drag people down.

All people have challenges. Overcome them. Beat them. That's the greatest gratification in life!

If you constantly judge yourself by what you do or do not have, relative to other people, you will be miserable.

But, you'll sure line the pockets of politicians and academics!

uh huh.

Shaming people and possibly having them hate themselves for what they have that someone else *MIGHT* not have isn't good. It's detestable.

Lift others. Don't drag people down.

All people have challenges. Overcome them. Beat them. That's the greatest gratification in life!

If you constantly judge yourself by what you do or do not have, relative to other people, you will be miserable.

But, you'll sure line the pockets of politicians and academics!
we should share two beers ...

Reactions: Purdue85
....and the reason is smaller schools wanted more winners. No it is but a fond memory that will not return

Should have stayed with one tournament but given each participant a trophy with the size and gawdiness based on how far the team advanced.

Wheeler is the man. Bank on it.

It might take a year of getting comfortable with the pace of the college game, but he'll be there.
Also have Sasha. I think he was much closer to being ready to contribute than many had thought during the WUG. He plays for any other team in the conference not named Purdue or MSU, he is likely logging 10-12 minutes a night. He will end up being a good player in the mold of Mathias (might be a bit more athletic than Dakota).

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Also have Sasha. I think he was much closer to being ready to contribute than many had thought during the WUG. He plays for any other team in the conference not named Purdue or MSU, he is likely logging 10-12 minutes a night. He will end up being a good player in the mold of Mathias (might be a bit more athletic than Dakota).
The very little I've seen he is much more athletic than Dakota or Cline...and give Cline props for how far he has improved in his D off ball. He is being set up to take Dakota's spot next year it appears to me. I think Shasha has a higher ceiling than before I saw him play a bit. I think he will be a solid player for Purdue and Wheeler can possibly be as good as he his willing to work...

We need a 3 ... shooting defending SF .... if Wheeler doesn't work out ... ouch.
need a Wheeler 2.0...assuming Wheeler can dribble the ball and pass. Read where he is working on that and TReed said he will be ready. I think Shasha has the body and stroke to play a 2 or 3, but sure would like to have another 6'9" like Wheeler in the uniform

Should have stayed with one tournament but given each participant a trophy with the size and gawdiness based on how far the team advanced.
Sectional Runner-Up trophy:
a956.jpg

I think wheeler will work out but yes if we don't get tyger.... IMO we need a transfer at SF

We have Cline next year and Sasha and Wheeler for the next four years. Not to mention, Nojel has the size to count as a 3. I am not worried, but a grad transfer for next year would help with leadership. That we will be short on.

Reactions: Purdue11

So, are saying that the white players have privileges that the black players don’t?

If so, what about all the other black players at the high schools where these guys came from who don’t get the “privilege” of getting a degree from a world class university like Purdue...FOR FREE!

Reactions: Purdue11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT