ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger

So, are saying that the white players have privileges that the black players don’t?

If so, what about all the other black players at the high schools where these guys came from who don’t get the “privilege” of getting a degree from a world class university like Purdue...FOR FREE!
Not at all. Those are always the first ones everyone writes down.

so, since you brought it up ... yes, YOU ... there is a class in cultural studies, I need to go see what it is, but all the athletes take it, and they each must keep a privilege diary. It's really interesting to see how easily the white guys fill it in and how the black guys, generally, struggle. Over Thanksgiving, many black football players stay on campus ... hardly any white players stay. And it does have a bit to do with distance ... but still ... My family and my good friend's family and many assistant coaches host the players who can't go home ... it;s a great, great experience .....
Wait your serious that all athletes have to have a "privilege" diary? At Purdue?

No, only for that one course if they take that course. And it's not just for athletes
Oh ok I thought you said all athletes had to take that course. Any way I don't know how many athletes would be taking that place in the first place as some will want to take the easiest class possible

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT