ADVERTISEMENT

Trey is making his decision on October 30th

I wasn't referring to only you. We've had several IU posters on here who argue how good IU is, then get butthurt when we argue against them.
not me...aside from a few brighter yrs the past 2 decades have sucked ass. Bad hire after bad hire. I'm giving CAM another year to prove upward trajectory but Crean was a spaz, Sampson a sleeze, and Davis was in over his head from day 1.

I believe that its pronounced, Eee-dee. Or E,D. Or Eatey! Whichever you prefer! 😉
not me...aside from a few brighter yrs the past 2 decades have sucked ass. Bad hire after bad hire. I'm giving CAM another year to prove upward trajectory but Crean was a spaz, Sampson a sleeze, and Davis was in over his head from day 1.

WOW - love the honesty!

Reactions: Level 42
one can be a fan and still be a realist. I'm a math guy.... no matter how fanboys spin it, 7th-10th place finishes in conf are not good seasons to anyone who lived through the late 70s-mid 90s period.
I would agree with this statement. Although I'm torn about this year. Right now preseason projections have IU around 7th or 8th in the conference, but still in the top 25 nationally. Personally I don't see the BIG being good enough to have that many ranked teams....but I guess if it happens I may be ok with a 7th place conference finish and still being nationally ranked.

Reactions: BBG and SIBoiler2
He has the game/build like De’Andre Hunter. I hope he comes to Purdue but I can see UVAs pitch

Yet predicted to finish towards the bottom of the conference. You are either trolling or inbred, maybe both?
Who cares about predictions? They’re also predicted to be a top 25 team as the conference is supposed to be deep but IU will be a top 15 team if they stay healthy. People don’t know how good Race Thompson is going to be this year...he’ll be a stud inside

Reactions: BlackGoldTexas
Who cares about predictions? They’re also predicted to be a top 25 team as the conference is supposed to be deep but IU will be a top 15 team if they stay healthy. People don’t know how good Race Thompson is going to be this year...he’ll be a stud inside

Race should be decent but give me Tre Williams any day of the week. TJD is the only big on your squad that scares me.

Reactions: BBG
I would agree with this statement. Although I'm torn about this year. Right now preseason projections have IU around 7th or 8th in the conference, but still in the top 25 nationally. Personally I don't see the BIG being good enough to have that many ranked teams....but I guess if it happens I may be ok with a 7th place conference finish and still being nationally ranked.
polls mean nothing until mid Feb. Everyone feasts on cupcakes early on. Then conf road games begin. Nowhere to hide, and we see what each team is really made of. Of course, if there are no crowds (or small crowds), the entire season will be ...weird. We shall see.

Reactions: northside100
Race should be decent but give me Tre Williams any day of the week. TJD is the only big on your squad that scares me.
It’s Race and Trayce together that will dominate this year. Yes, I like Purdue’s team and the guys that Painter is bringing in but I still feel you’re missing one piece to be a top 5 team at some point in the next few years but who knows, maybe someone will blossom to be ghat piece? I do think Purdue makes a final 4 in the next few years though.

polls mean nothing until mid Feb. Everyone feasts on cupcakes early on. Then conf road games begin. Nowhere to hide, and we see what each team is really made of. Of course, if there are no crowds (or small crowds), the entire season will be ...weird. We shall see.
IU will be good if healthy. If they’re not then something is seriously wrong.

Hell the Clapper had the best team in the country and couldn't get past a zone defense. Lil Arch hasn't put together a team like that.
This years team will be better than that one. This one is deeper and way more athletic. I’m big on Race and Trayce being dominant inside and they have a lot of talented guys that can play 1-3. They have finally gotten rid of Crappy’s cancers except Al, but he’s actually a good kid. They may miss Smith on the court at times but they sure as hell won’t miss him or Green off. I haven’t been this excited about IU basketball in a long time and if they land Kaufman and Mohammed or one of those and Mason Miller that should be a sign that things are finally in a good place. From my people I hear Trey Galloway has made a big jump and is dominating in practice. If he’s as good as I’m hearing IU could be really good this year, but we’ll see, coaches kids have a knack for over achieving. I’m not here to say I think Purdue sucks as they don’t, I love Morton and would take him any day. It’s cool to get Lander but I’d be just as happy with Morton at point. He’s definitely more ready at this moment to play right away. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now Lander will pass him but I doubt he’s wearing an IU jersey when he does. I’m not a moron U.K. fan that thinks stars automatically equate to instant success. Purdue and IU should have some great battles over the next few years and I can’t wait to watch them!

Reactions: tjreese
This years team will be better than that one. This one is deeper and way more athletic. I’m big on Race and Trayce being dominant inside and they have a lot of talented guys that can play 1-3. They have finally gotten rid of Crappy’s cancers except Al, but he’s actually a good kid. They may miss Smith on the court at times but they sure as hell won’t miss him or Green off. I haven’t been this excited about IU basketball in a long time and if they land Kaufman and Mohammed or one of those and Mason Miller that should be a sign that things are finally in a good place. From my people I hear Trey Galloway has made a big jump and is dominating in practice. If he’s as good as I’m hearing IU could be really good this year, but we’ll see, coaches kids have a knack for over achieving. I’m not here to say I think Purdue sucks as they don’t, I love Morton and would take him any day. It’s cool to get Lander but I’d be just as happy with Morton at point. He’s definitely more ready at this moment to play right away. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now Lander will pass him but I doubt he’s wearing an IU jersey when he does. I’m not a moron U.K. fan that thinks stars automatically equate to instant success. Purdue and IU should have some great battles over the next few years and I can’t wait to watch them!
One thing that's as sure as leaves falling off the tree this time of year is IU fans coming on here and beating their chests and telling us how great they're going to be. We'll see. Something tells me you're a retread that we've run off under another handle.

Reactions: BBG and Indy_Rider
Trey Kaufman will be suiting up for either IU or Purdue.

Anyone who is prognosticating beyond that is speculating.

One thing that's as sure as leaves falling off the tree this time of year is IU fans coming on here and beating their chests and telling us how great they're going to be. We'll see. Something tells me you're a retread that we've run off under another handle.
I can't wait until the 31st when they will all go away ... like magic ... POOF GONE.

Reactions: GregJM24
Same IU fans that thought IU was leading for Furst and Brooks. Sometimes they just believe it's inevitable. I like the realistic fans that speak the truth.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Jigga please
HUH???
Jay-Z mistakingly said "jiggawatt" instead of gigawatt. After that his mother started calling him Jiggawatt or Jigga for short. The neighborhood kids found out about it and it became his nickname around the hood.

Race runs like he is wearing concrete shoes, and tjd can’t hit a five foot jump shot. He can dunk and shoot layups, but is a dreadful flat footed jump shooter

Reactions: RunninRichie
Same IU fans that thought IU was leading for Furst and Brooks. Sometimes they just believe it's inevitable. I like the realistic fans that speak the truth.
I didn’t think we were getting either of them but I know for a fact that we’re getting Kaufman and my guy told me Mohammed is looking really good atm

HUH???
Jay-Z mistakingly said "jiggawatt" instead of gigawatt. After that his mother started calling him Jiggawatt or Jigga for short. The neighborhood kids found out about it and it became his nickname around the hood.
You know what I was really saying...who cares? People need to quit being babies! It’s not like I’m using it in a derogatory manner towards someone.

Race runs like he is wearing concrete shoes, and tjd can’t hit a five foot jump shot. He can dunk and shoot layups, but is a dreadful flat footed jump shooter
Runs like he’s wearing concrete shoes? I think you must be thinking of old man Davis. Race is very athletic and played really well at times last year. If he stays healthy he’ll have a big year this year.

You know what I was really saying...who cares? People need to quit being babies! It’s not like I’m using it in a derogatory manner towards someone.
I have no clue what you were saying ... as far as being a baby, Asking to know what you called me seems a pretty mature thing to do.

Runs like he’s wearing concrete shoes? I think you must be thinking of old man Davis. Race is very athletic and played really well at times last year. If he stays healthy he’ll have a big year this year.
I'm guessing you're such a "boy" that you never saw "old man" Davis play. Jr isn't even in that area code yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT