ADVERTISEMENT

Trey is making his decision on October 30th

Trey Kaufman is set to announce his decision on October 30th. Hope he makes the right decision to the Boilers!!

As much as it pains me, it looks like he's going to Indiana, based on all of the predictions. Hope he makes a better choice.

Fall decision probably signals good news for both IU and Purdue fans alike. Virginia and UNC came on late but with the pandemic not sure Kaufman was ever able to get on either campus unless it was a personal visit, but definitely nothing official as rules prohibit during this time. Would say IU and Purdue at this time are probably the two favorites. Will know for sure in the coming days.

Fall decision probably signals good news for both IU and Purdue fans alike. Virginia and UNC came on late but with the pandemic not sure Kaufman was ever able to get on either campus unless it was a personal visit, but definitely nothing official as rules prohibit during this time. Would say IU and Purdue at this time are probably the two favorites. Will know for sure in the coming days.

He did make it to both UNC and Virginia on his own dime, but everything I've read has said it's down to Indiana and Purdue.

He and Furst can play together, just wondering how much energy we put into Harrison Ingram only to be the bridesmaid.
Thats the dice roll you do in recruiting. You can't be everywhere at once and there are only so many 5 stars to go around.

If he picks iu though, it puts the 'it's the coach' theory to rest. No one in their right might would look at Painter and little Archie and think little A is a better coach.

Thats the dice roll you do in recruiting. You can't be everywhere at once and there are only so many 5 stars to go around.

If he picks iu though, it puts the 'it's the coach' theory to rest. No one in their right might would look at Painter and little Archie and think little A is a better coach.
I think it's the coaches personality and ability to relate to recruits rather than the coach's coaching ability.

A mature recruit could look at Purdue’s incoming roster and see big things to come. I think Purdue has a chance

Where have you seen that?
a lot of talk on the IU rivals free board. all speculation, but comes from a tweet several weeks back that may or may not have originated with TK, about 'doing something for your own reasons that may not be popular with others around you". Some are taking that as a decision to play outside the state. Again...all speculation. We'll all know soon and can move on, one way or the other. Crystal ball says IU but it hasn't been updated since early May so that's worthless (and one of two votes is Peegs).

Last edited:
a lot of talk on the IU rivals free board. all speculation, but comes from a tweet several weeks back that may or may not have originated with TK, about 'doing something for your own reasons that may not be popular with others around you". Some are taking that as a decision to play outside the state. Again...all speculation. We'll all know soon and can move on, one way or the other.

Couldn't it also mean going to Purdue since he’s in a part of the state that’s very much anti-Purdue? UVA would be an easier decision in terms of backlash than him going to Purdue imo.

Couldn't it also mean going to Purdue since he’s in a part of the state that’s very much anti-Purdue? UVA would be an easier decision in terms of backlash than him going to Purdue imo.
who knows....it's 2020...nothing makes any sense this year. I will give the TK camp credit, they are better at keeping secrets than the US Intel community.

Reactions: samcboiler
I dug my crystal ball out and Dawned-it-up. Still no good, looks like it's full of black ink with gold flecks floating all over. I shook it up really well. I'll check it every few days.

a lot of talk on the IU rivals free board. all speculation, but comes from a tweet several weeks back that may or may not have originated with TK, about 'doing something for your own reasons that may not be popular with others around you". Some are taking that as a decision to play outside the state. Again...all speculation. We'll all know soon and can move on, one way or the other. Crystal ball says IU but it hasn't been updated since early May so that's worthless (and one of two votes is Peegs).

That tweet likely wasn't even basketball related. And why would anyone rely on anything coming from the Rivals freeboard? Anytime I go there I find them disputing things I already know to be true based on info shared in chat or from Rabs or Peegs.

He has a great relationship with Tony Bennett, but UVA is an 8 hr drive away. It's a nice campus that he saw when he visited (without being able to meet with coaches OR potential teammates). He won't be going to UVA or UNC...

Reactions: boilers524
Wasn’t he interested in Engineering? Seems like he would be free to play the wing here more? He may not have IU fans in his face as much with Covid to give him a hard time ;). Keep a safe distance from them.

That tweet likely wasn't even basketball related. And why would anyone rely on anything coming from the Rivals freeboard? Anytime I go there I find them disputing things I already know to be true based on info shared in chat or from Rabs or Peegs.

He has a great relationship with Tony Bennett, but UVA is an 8 hr drive away. It's a nice campus that he saw when he visited (without being able to meet with coaches OR potential teammates). He won't be going to UVA or UNC...
as I said...all speculation. Might shock you but I'd' rather lose an in-state recruit to Purdue, then UVA, UNC, UK, etc....Indiana high schools studs leaving the state is a bad trend for both schools, ref Gary Harris, Trey Lyles, Guy, K Brooks, Sean May, Oden/Conley, and a long list of others.

Reactions: Purdue85
Wasn’t he interested in Engineering? Seems like he would be free to play the wing here more? He may not have IU fans in his face as much with Covid to give him a hard time ;). Keep a safe distance from them.

Yes, he said he wanted to major in engineering and, from what I’ve read, a degree is a factor in this recruitment. There is one poster on an IU board that is connected to the program and generally only posts when he’s certain about a recruitment, and he’s saying it’s IU. I’ve yet to see him get one wrong and he’s the only person I’ve considered reliable in 15 years of following messaging boards, but I still think this recruitment is a toss up given the engineering comments.

Yes, he said he wanted to major in engineering and, from what I’ve read, a degree is a factor in this recruitment. There is one poster on an IU board that is connected to the program and generally only posts when he’s certain about a recruitment, and he’s saying it’s IU. I’ve yet to see him get one wrong and he’s the only person I’ve considered reliable in 15 years of following messaging boards, but I still think this recruitment is a toss up given the engineering comments.

Yes.

Agreed.

IU is an engineering school, so surely, he will fall to IU based on IU's engineering program.

Surely.

Yes.

Agreed.

IU is an engineering school, so surely, he will fall to IU based on IU's engineering program.

Surely.

I thought my post was pretty clear but apparently not. Kaufman is interested in engineering. An IU poster with a solid track record says he has picked IU. I am questioning this poster, despite his track record of being correct, because IU doesn’t have an engineering program. Ergo, I think it’s a tossup. Make sense now?

Reactions: BTBall
I thought my post was pretty clear but apparently not. Kaufman is interested in engineering. An IU poster with a solid track record says he has picked IU. I am questioning this poster, despite his track record of being correct, because IU doesn’t have an engineering program. Ergo, I think it’s a tossup. Make sense now?

No...!

Your post was abundantly clear!

;)

I think it was Physics, not engineering. Which Purdue, IU and UVA all have colleges of.

As much as it pains me, it looks like he's going to Indiana, based on all of the predictions. Hope he makes a better choice.
Me too, but, look at the tweet itself. "his mother told peegs.com." I, unfortunately, think that's a pretty big clue myself. There's a lot of places she could tell. The fact that it's basically being reported by Peegs is very unsettling to me.

Reactions: Level 42 and TX4GB
Lol. My last post on this board prior to this thread was December 2019. The post before that was December 2018. Your reply tells me little has changed...
If we know which school mom is pushing, we probably have our answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT