ADVERTISEMENT

Trey is making his decision on October 30th

Unless the NCAA comes out with some rules on this in the next few months, this is going to get very messy for both basketball and football for every team.
I think they already did. Every player gets an extra year. If you are a senior this year you can come back next year and not count against the 13 scholarships. This exemption is voided if you transfer. Every player can transfer and play immediately.

One thing to keep in mind is that all of those players have an extra year in college should they or their schools decide on that.

That applies to everyone? These 4 are all juniors this year. A couple RS juniors (Sasha and Wheeler).

That applies to everyone? These 4 are all juniors this year. A couple RS juniors (Sasha and Wheeler).
Yes, everyone gets an additional year. Only those who have exhausted their college eligibility (so not Sasha and Wheeler) can come back without applying to the scholarship count.

Basically with concerns to your team everyone gets a 5th year (Sasha and Wheeler get a 6th). Purdue can’t go over 13 scholarships next year as they have no one who will exhaust their eligibility this year. Every player on the roster can transfer and play immediately at their new school if they choose to do so.

Just as an example, the difference with IU is that they can have 15 players on scholarship next year if they choose (they won’t) since Al Durham and Joey Brunk would have exhausted their eligibility this year.

Big Arch
stlouisarch-photo-02.jpg

Lil Arch
DTJLG1hUMAApezi.jpg

"We gotta dig deep fellas!"

I would say Iwuchukwu as a C to replace Trevion as the top priority (rotate with Edey). Thornton announces top 5 on Saturday. He would be a good fit at G but hard to pull a 5 star from GA. Jalen Washington at F but that will be tougher unless we know Furst wants to shift to a 5.

Agree Iwuchukwu is probably top priority now. Also would love to add some shooters like Loyer or Heide.

i would think top 10? Maybe 9 or 10 in the country. Michigan just picked up a 5 star, Caleb Houston, and they have qty with 5. M$U has Max Christie and a couple 4 stars. I would say #3 in the league.
Usually a two man class is ranked low. I never look at class rankings anymore because of that.

Reactions: northside100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT