All-American
Oct 12, 2015
1. Jon Octeus 2014-15 (Colorado St)
2. Jahaad Proctor 2019-20 (High Point)
3. Nemanja Calasan 2007-09 (Midland JC)
4. Gordon Watt 2006-07 (Boston College)
5. Evan Boudreaux 2018-19 (Dartmouth)
6. Johnny Hill 2015-16 (UT-Arlington)
7. Tarrance Crump 2006-08 (Shelton St JC)
8. Errick Peck 2013-14 (Cornell)
9. Sterling Carter 2013-14 (Seattle)
10. Spike Albrecht 2016-17 (Michigan)

Note: I am calling Landry a Keady era transfer

What say you?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
1. Wheeler ... but because he transferred out.

And now I'll sit back with my popcorn and watch how things go.

1. Wheeler ... but because he transferred out.

And now I'll sit back with my popcorn and watch how things go.
It is interesting to think that Wheeler, had he been a transfer IN during one of those years where we were thin at the 4 (DJ Byrd at power forward, anyone??), might have been near the top of this list. But with the current depth of the roster he couldn't get minutes.

It is interesting to think that Wheeler, had he been a transfer IN during one of those years where we were thin at the 4 (DJ Byrd at power forward, anyone??), might have been near the top of this list. But with the current depth of the roster he couldn't get minutes.
And that is a fair and interesting thought. He transferred and did well I think and like you said, had he came in with that DJ Byrd team, he likely would of been a star on that roster.

1. Jon Octeus 2014-15 (Colorado St)
2. Jahaad Proctor 2019-20 (High Point)
3. Nemanja Calasan 2007-09 (Midland JC)
4. Gordon Watt 2006-07 (Boston College)
5. Evan Boudreaux 2018-19 (Dartmouth)
6. Johnny Hill 2015-16 (UT-Arlington)
7. Tarrance Crump 2006-08 (Shelton St JC)
8. Errick Peck 2013-14 (Cornell)
9. Sterling Carter 2013-14 (Seattle)
10. Spike Albrecht 2016-17 (Michigan)

Note: I am calling Landry a Keady era transfer

What say you?
I might bump Crump up a couple spots. We did go to the tourney with him. Lost to Xavier I think. Carter had a big game against IU. I can’t remember Peck doing anything.

Based on this list, it seems fair to say that Painter has not brought in a transfer who has really become a star at Purdue. I'm not trying to bash transfers. A lot of these guys were solid contributors at Purdue. But, if we're looking to the transfer portal to get this team to the next level, we'll probably end up disappointed. Is that a fair assessment?

Reactions: DAG10
Based on this list, it seems fair to say that Painter has not brought in a transfer who has really become a star at Purdue. I'm not trying to bash transfers. A lot of these guys were solid contributors at Purdue. But, if we're looking to the transfer portal to get this team to the next level, we'll probably end up disappointed. Is that a fair assessment?
I'd argue that Octeus qualifies as a 'star'.

The transfer portal now is also not even remotely the same as it used to be.

Reactions: Purdue80
Hard to say. Prior to the portal, transfers were slim pickings. If we get Pack he would easily top this list.

With that said, I don’t think grabbing a recruit off the portal without any pre-existing relationship established fits Painter’s formula for recruiting success. Why I believe Pack is such an important target. Maybe RP to a lesser extent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT