ADVERTISEMENT

TN next year

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
If they all come back I wonder if they won't be next years Champs. Ziegler, the pg is discussed exactly as we discuss Braden. They talk about him making cultural changes in the lockerroom, "that' kind of effect on the program. Was also huge outrage that he didn't make the PG honors lists. Tore an ACL ONE YEAR AGO last month and looked as fast as anyone I've seen. If Knecht and he both return they'll be hard to beat.

If I am Painter and staff, I am working to get a home and away series with Tennessee. Would also look at Auburn, Duke, Houston, Baylor. The results this year are in part because we got better but also because we played one of the hardest schedules this year.

Knecht is gone - he is NBA talent level.

If they all come back I wonder if they won't be next years Champs. Ziegler, the pg is discussed exactly as we discuss Braden. They talk about him making cultural changes in the lockerroom, "that' kind of effect on the program. Was also huge outrage that he didn't make the PG honors lists. Tore an ACL ONE YEAR AGO last month and looked as fast as anyone I've seen. If Knecht and he both return they'll be hard to beat.
Knecht is out of eligibility and is a lotto pick

If I am Painter and staff, I am working to get a home and away series with Tennessee. Would also look at Auburn, Duke, Houston, Baylor. The results this year are in part because we got better but also because we played one of the hardest schedules this year.

You mean IU's philosophy of scheduling a cupcake pre BT schedule doesn't work, just like they do in football (tic)

When do we get to play them again?

Seriously, I don't expect Knecht to return, and I bet they have others transfer out and in. It will be a different team.
Knecht already played his Covid year. He gone.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Knecht already played his Covid year. He gone.
He played 2 years at Northern Colorado and 1 at Tennessee. Unless I am missing a JUCO year, I would think he had 1 year left. Granted, he is a likely 1st round NBA pick so he isn’t coming back.

Reactions: Dryfly88

That is one thing I always liked about Izzo's scheduling. Duke probably won't - maybe North Carolina.....maybe Sampson would take that. Wonder how the expanded Big Ten (plus eight) affects that.
Kentucky/Kansas would be the other ones I'd like to see but probably not likely to happen.

He played 2 years at Northern Colorado and 1 at Tennessee. Unless I am missing a JUCO year, I would think he had 1 year left. Granted, he is a likely 1st round NBA pick so he isn’t coming back.

He was a JUCO for two seasons, Beef - Dalton Knecht has no eligibility remaining - this was his extra year.

Knecht is gone and I hope Ziegler enters the portal so their fans cry more.

Ziegler isn’t going anywhere. There is a story out about his family’s house burning down and the Tennessee fan base paid for a new house in Knoxville. Kid if a lifer.

Zaikai Zeigler is an impressive young man and has not had an easy life. In addition to Beef's mention of his family home, at birth, they thought he might not be able to walk and was expected to develop spina bifida. He also has two nephews battling hydrocephalus.

Then there was the ACL injury last season. Tough Long Island kid - would take him on a team any day.....

Zaikai Zeigler is an impressive young man and has not had an easy life. In addition to Beef's mention of his family home, at birth, they thought he might not be able to walk and was expected to develop spina bifida. He also has two nephews battling hydrocephalus.

Then there was the ACL injury last season. Tough Long Island kid - would take him on a team any day.....
1 offer to a small college. Demo'd for TN and they signed him to hopefully develop into a backup pg. In his freshman year he beat out a 4 star pg recruit and has owned the job since. Big time leader, talked about as one of the all time great locker room guys in their program.

He was a JUCO for two seasons, Beef - Dalton Knecht has no eligibility remaining - this was his extra year.
This guy is a flat-out baller, and he needs to move on to the next level.

I’d hate to think what yet another loss to Purdue would do to his psyche and his self confidence….

Fare thee well🤣🤣

I dont think anyone in the thread has mentioned that DK wont be back to TN next year. No eligability and the NBA! Cant believe no one has mentioned that in this entire thread.....

I'm sure he's a good kid and there's a great story there, but Ziegler gets a bit too much love IMO. He does what they want him too defensively very well, and is a good assist guy, but he flat out can't shoot. He's below 40% from the field in his 3 years. Not from 3, from the field. He is not close to the player Braden is.

I'm enjoying seeing TN play Purdue over these last few years - one of Barnes' best attributes is his pre-season scheduling, to include getting us into the early season tournaments. Would love to see a home/away series.

I'm enjoying seeing TN play Purdue over these last few years - one of Barnes' best attributes is his pre-season scheduling, to include getting us into the early season tournaments. Would love to see a home/away series.
So, what does Tennessee's roster look like going into next year? Obviously a lot of variables.

Why would you want Houston. They'd never get the stench out of Mackey.

I dont think anyone in the thread has mentioned that DK wont be back to TN next year. No eligability and the NBA! Cant believe no one has mentioned that in this entire thread.....
If you look up his stats the site I went to (no idea) showed 3 years stats, including this one.

So, what does Tennessee's roster look like going into next year? Obviously a lot of variables.
We lose Knecht, Vescovi, and James. Return everyone else (pending any potential portal entries). Mashak and Gainey should slide into starting roles, the big question is who replaces Knecht. We have a few high rated underclassmen guards that should get a shot, but I think Barnes will look for another high level portal transfer to bring in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT