ADVERTISEMENT

Thieneman named BT freshman of the week for fourth time.

Nonsense. Walters first act as coach was to do something Brohm never did. Give Mock a scholarship. Whether other teams have been keying on him to strip the ball or he has dropsy, as Hausta01 stated, you can't give 25 carries to a guy that can't hang on to the ball.
Turning the ball over is never good, but having a defense that is out manned in the secondary and is playing press coverage on nearly every doesn't help you either.....

Amen Brother. It's astonishing to me that some can't see the on field adjustments that were made in the Minny game and wonder why it didn't happen earlier in the season. Iowa,Fresno and Syracuse were games for the taking..... Fire Brohm!!!
Probably because we have a first time head coach who is just 37 years old, and more young guys on staff as well. It's interesting to look at the coached who are similar in age and are first time head coaches. There are two who have had any success at all, and they both walked into rosters absolutely stacked with talent.

Let the coach grow and recruit.

Getting back to this:

Anyone actually have a name for a player who was awesome under Brohm and has had all of the production coached out of them by Walters?
I will not go as far as to say anything has been coached out if them but imo both Allen and Kane have looked terrible in coverage of both slot receivers and running backs out of the backfield. I personally believe this is more due to the fact they are playing lb or slot type corner positions as opposed to traditional S positions which they were in in the prior scheme.

Offensively it’s difficult to tell because outside of Mock, pretty much every other skill position was a back up last year.

I will not go as far as to say anything has been coached out if them but imo both Allen and Kane have looked terrible in coverage of both slot receivers and running backs out of the backfield. I personally believe this is more due to the fact they are playing lb or slot type corner positions as opposed to traditional S positions which they were in in the prior scheme.

Offensively it’s difficult to tell because outside of Mock, pretty much every other skill position was a back up last year.
Allen and Kane have covered like Allen and Kane have always covered. No change there.

I know what the response will be from a few posters, why are we playing this scheme then? Well, it's our head coaches signature scheme, and you'd be asking him to not install it in year one. He should have used a different scheme this year and then installed his next year? Or was he supposed to wait until year 3?

Allen and Kane have covered like Allen and Kane have always covered. No change there.

I know what the response will be from a few posters, why are we playing this scheme then? Well, it's our head coaches signature scheme, and you'd be asking him to not install it in year one. He should have used a different scheme this year and then installed his next year? Or was he supposed to wait until year 3?
I agree that man to man coverage has never been their strong suit which is why I said I would not go so far as to say anything was coached out of them.

I do think they both looked like solid S prior to this year and I certainly would not describe them as that in their current roles.

I am not here to argue one way or another but it’s hard to argue that it isn’t a poor coaching decision to choose to put them in man to man over and over.

Probably because we have a first time head coach who is just 37 years old, and more young guys on staff as well. It's interesting to look at the coached who are similar in age and are first time head coaches. There are two who have had any success at all, and they both walked into rosters absolutely stacked with talent.

Let the coach grow and recruit.

I said that these schemes make the players do and think about too much and were too complicated to be easily ran!
From what I see, the scheme is more physically challenging than mentally challenging, particularly for the corners...
In Thienimen's case, since he has to play clean up at times, that poor kid has been put in some bad spots where he didn't no wether to shit or go blind.... I'm both cases, that's on the coach.....
Wow thinks that it is smart or fair to play Allen in press man coverage??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT