ADVERTISEMENT

Thieneman named BT freshman of the week for fourth time.

Nope. We won. That’s not the line this week!
What is your line this week? Too bad we don't have Brady Allen right? You rode him like a horse when he talked about leaving. I guess your assessment of his talent was right on as well. Looks like Walters is turning around the 69th rated recruiting class in the country. Of course if they falter, you'll be right there playing the "blame game" again. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommaker
What is your line this week? Too bad we don't have Brady Allen right? You rode him like a horse when he talked about leaving. I guess your assessment of his talent was right on as well. LOL
We are 3-7 when we should be 5-5 or even better. Keep pounding that chest though over…nothing. One good game doesn’t erase being non competitive in 4 winnable ones.

I’m hopeful this staff keeps it up, especially against IU. Hopeful…but it’s likely not probable.

We are 3-7 when we should be 5-5 or even better. Keep pounding that chest though over…nothing. One good game doesn’t erase being non competitive in 4 winnable ones.

I’m hopeful this staff keeps it up, especially against IU. Hopeful…but it’s likely not probable.
Blah, blah, blah, Brady would have been better, right? If you want to move on I will too. You want an internet slugfest you have come to the right place. You have been ranting all over this board. Look who started thread after thread. Not me, you. So claim what you want. I was letting your smartass comments pass. You and your waterboy BA12 want to start it back up. You got it.

This is exactly what the program should be looking at correcting. The W-L record is all that matters. I know a new staff, injuries, depleted roster and on and on and on… at least a couple of Nebraska, Iowa, FSU, Syracuse were winnable games. NIL and portal age have sped up the winning timetable. I hope this staff succeeds but can’t wait for a couple more years with losing. Next year’s schedule doesn’t look much easier. Bowl games should be the standard every year. That only requires being average. POTFH.

"The W-L record is all that matters."

When it comes to recruiting, things like having 4 Big10 freshman of the weeks must help, and recruiting players at positions is much easier if you can point to past success at that position, e.g. cradle of quarterbacks. I'm sure that Brohm padded the pass offense results at the cost of the running game because it helped in recruiting being seen as a passing genius and favorable publicity also never hurts. The fans, players and coaches want wins, but the head coach's future success involves how those wins were achieved for recruiting purposes. I'm surprised that we haven't had better results at recruiting wide receivers with Moore, Bell and Jones having such good success.

"The W-L record is all that matters."

When it comes to recruiting, things like having 4 Big10 freshman of the weeks must help, and recruiting players at positions is much easier if you can point to past success at that position, e.g. cradle of quarterbacks. I'm sure that Brohm padded the pass offense results at the cost of the running game because it helped in recruiting being seen as a passing genius and favorable publicity also never hurts. The fans, players and coaches want wins, but the head coach's future success involves how those wins were achieved for recruiting purposes. I'm surprised that we haven't had better results at recruiting wide receivers with Moore, Bell and Jones having such good success.
I can agree to an extent but we have guys on the roster that had been productive with Brohm but suddenly not in the new offense.

Reactions: Bippus33
Mockobee has 711 yds and 5 TD. This with Tracy being even more effective and registering 500 yds and 7 TD. AND losing carries because he has fumbled 8 times. Try again.
Ha go to on3 go here. He had 1 good game. Half the walters dixk riders wanted him benched game one.

He would get 25 touches a game if the coaching staff didn't have their head up Purdue Pete's ass.

He is 100% under performing vs last year because of how the staff utilized him up to last week.

I can agree to an extent but we have guys on the roster that had been productive with Brohm but suddenly not in the new offense.

Who are those guys who were productive but now aren't? Mockobee, but he has like 31 fumbles this year.

Who else contributing this year contributed at all last year?

Reactions: z_one
Ha go to on3 go here. He had 1 good game. Half the walters dixk riders wanted him benched game one.

He would get 25 touches a game if the coaching staff didn't have their head up Purdue Pete's ass.

He is 100% under performing vs last year because of how the staff utilized him up to last week.

Can't give a guy the ball 25 times a game when he was putting it on the turf 2 or 3 times per game with 10-15 carries.

Last week was the first time since maybe week 2 he looked like he wasn't scared of getting tackled and fumbling again.

Dear lord you are a piece of work

Can't give a guy the ball 25 times a game when he was putting it on the turf 2 or 3 times per game with 10-15 carries.

Last week was the first time since maybe week 2 he looked like he wasn't scared of getting tackled and fumbling again.
Thanks for pointing out how last year he didn't have that issue. He actually regressed with current staff. Go to On3 and see what his uncle was saying early in season.

"Last week was the first time since maybe week 2 he looked like he wasn't scared of getting tackled and fumbling again."

It would be nice if people actually knew what they're talking about. Even the announcers mentioned how he over-protected the ball because he didn't want to take a chance of fumbling again.

Reactions: pboiler18 and z_one

Nonsense. Walters first act as coach was to do something Brohm never did. Give Mock a scholarship. Whether other teams have been keying on him to strip the ball or he has dropsy, as Hausta01 stated, you can't give 25 carries to a guy that can't hang on to the ball.

Reactions: AugustaBoiler90
Nonsense. Walters first act as coach was to do something Brohm never did. Give Mock a scholarship. Whether other teams have been keying on him to strip the ball or he has dropsy, as Hausta01 stated, you can't give 25 carries to a guy that can't hang on to the ball.
Oh boy you are clueless to the point being made. Not surprised.

Reactions: pboiler18
Oh boy you are clueless to the point being made. Not surprised.
You don't even have a point, you're just angry. Mockobee has been productive despite his fumbling issues and a legit 2nd option in the run game that has been even more effective.

So who else was awesome under Brohm and had all their production coached out of them by Walters?

Thanks for pointing out how last year he didn't have that issue. He actually regressed with current staff. Go to On3 and see what his uncle was saying early in season.

Ezekiel Elliot developed a fumbling issue in the NFL... was that because of his coaching?

Are you seriously going to sing the praises of an RB coach who couldn't give Purdue any better than King Doerue?

And listen to his Uncle? I'm sure his uncle was crying that Mockobee wasn't getting enough work - you can't take most family of players seriously on the internet...

You don't even have a point, you're just angry. Mockobee has been productive despite his fumbling issues and a legit 2nd option in the run game that has been even more effective.

So who else was awesome under Brohm and had all their production coached out of them by Walters?

He's got nothing other than maybe Mockobee was a little better under Brohm. And no one here is denying that Brohm was a good offensive coach. His RB coach was not good and we luckily fell into Mockobee and rightfully moved Tracy to RB.

Reactions: HUD628 and z_one

The way BA12 posts I can't believe he is a Purdue Alum. He posts like a 12 year old. I think he is just a troll.

He's got nothing other than maybe Mockobee was a little better under Brohm. And no one here is denying that Brohm was a good offensive coach. His RB coach was not good and we luckily fell into Mockobee and rightfully moved Tracy to RB.
last year he also had Holstege and Miller on the line

Tracy has been WAY more effective than he was last year. Seemed like they didn't know how to use him last year.

I’m certainly not going to join On3 if everybody thinks this coach is good.

What was Mocks uncle saying?

I’m certainly not going to join On3 if everybody thinks this coach is good.

What was Mocks uncle saying?
First 6 weeks frustrated and the family didn't believe he was being utilized the right way. He was over thinking and not getting a chance to make plays.

Its not worth the $1 a month. My promo ends of month.

First 6 weeks frustrated and the family didn't believe he was being utilized the right way. He was over thinking and not getting a chance to make plays.

Not really going to argue that, but will say this staff has always believed in Mock. Very few staffs in the country would have kept giving Mock all those opportunities with all the fumbles. This staff appears to be pretty dang loyal to its players, maybe even to a fault.

I said that these schemes make the players do and think about too much and were too complicated to be easily ran!

Amen Brother. It's astonishing to me that some can't see the on field adjustments that were made in the Minny game and wonder why it didn't happen earlier in the season. Iowa,Fresno and Syracuse were games for the taking..... Fire Brohm!!!

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT