ADVERTISEMENT

The Strategies of Dementia Politics

All I know is i got a 15 dollar cut biweekly. Not by any means close to the huge cuts that corporate America got.
I'm sorry, who pays for the jobs and R&D for new products? Do you really think that corporations are paying those taxes or do you think they pass the tax on to the consumer which raises the cost of goods? Hint, they don't just eat it.

BULLSHIT!!! If you look at the tax cuts, the highest percentage cuts were for the lowest tax brackets. You're falling for the lies the media tells about tax cuts because they aren't going off of percentage. They use dollar amount to skew the truth.

Markets have shown to respond positively or negatively by things a president does/doesn't do, so yes a president can have a somewhat direct effect. High corporate taxes are one of the reasons why salaries have stagnated so reducing that tax helped in that area.

How did he curb illegal immigration in a brutal and borderline illegal way? You're going to have to elaborate there.

He extended AND expanded Veterans choice. That is what he took credit for. He should have been more specific when he took credit. (One of the things he does a lot. He is bad at being specific about things and then knuckleheads call it lying). He didn't start Veterans choice, but he is responsible for expanding it.

He's been pretty good at not getting us into any more military conflicts. Something Obama promised not to do but failed at.
I'll take these one at a time but he ABSOLUTELY took credit for starting veteran's choice. You aren't even close on this one. I swear sometimes it seems that you people don't actually pay attention to what he says.

“The vets — the VA was in horrible shape. Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets." (McCain worked with the authors of the bill extensively).

"And Choice — for years and years, decades, they wanted to get Choice. ... For many decades, they couldn’t get it done. It was never done. I got it five months ago. ..."

"We passed VA Choice and VA Accountability to give our veterans the care that they deserve and they have been trying to pass these things for 45 years.” —

We passed VA Choice," he said, referring to a bill that allows veterans to seek health options outside the Veterans Affairs-run system. "You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it. And you know what? It doesn't matter because the life and the veteran is more important, but we also happen to save a lot of money doing that."
"They've been trying to get that passed also for about 44 years," he added.

Thats 4 different times.......and there are many more. Please point out where he says anything about extending or expanding.

Those are all LIES. Not exaggerations, not mistakes, lies. Tells the same one, over and over. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt when I never once heard him say extend or expand. Maybe you can find a quote but it won't change all the times he clearly took credit. And when he talks about how long it took to get the coverage........that's not a simple mistake either. It is him, as always, bloviating about the extent of the so called accomplishment.

I'll take these one at a time but he ABSOLUTELY took credit for starting veteran's choice. You aren't even close on this one. I swear sometimes it seems that you people don't actually pay attention to what he says.

“The vets — the VA was in horrible shape. Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets." (McCain worked with the authors of the bill extensively).

"And Choice — for years and years, decades, they wanted to get Choice. ... For many decades, they couldn’t get it done. It was never done. I got it five months ago. ..."

"We passed VA Choice and VA Accountability to give our veterans the care that they deserve and they have been trying to pass these things for 45 years.” —

We passed VA Choice," he said, referring to a bill that allows veterans to seek health options outside the Veterans Affairs-run system. "You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it. And you know what? It doesn't matter because the life and the veteran is more important, but we also happen to save a lot of money doing that."

Thats 4 different times.......and there are many more. Please point out where he says anything about extending or expanding.

Those are all LIES. Not exaggerations, not mistakes, lies. Tells the same one, over and over. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt when I never once heard him say extend or expand. Maybe you can find a quote but it won't change all the times he clearly took credit. And when he talks about how long it took to get the coverage........that's not a simple mistake either. It is him, as always, bloviating about the extent of the so called accomplishment.
I'll give you that. I never heard him talk about it. I just read a fact check that said it was only slightly false saying that he expanded it.

I'd like to hear about the illegal immigration. What did he do that was brutal and borderline illegal to stop it?

I quoted it in my post above. " The highest percentage of tax cuts went to the lowest tax bracket." My salary is 60k, so I consider myself in one of the lowest tax brackets.
You received a 3% cut then. No group received a higher cut than that.

Single filers
Under previous law / Under TCJA
Rate
Income bracket Rate Income bracket
10% $0–$9,525 10% $0–$9,525
15% $9,525–$38,700 12% $9,525–$38,700
25% $38,700–$93,700 22% $38,700–$82,500
28% $93,700–$195,450 24% $82,500–$157,500
33% $195,450–$424,950 32% $157,500–$200,000
35% $424,950–$426,700 35% $200,000–$500,000
39.6% $426,700 and up 37% $500,000 and up

Married Tax rates:
Rate
10% $0–$19,050 10% $0–$19,050
15% $19,050–$77,400 12% $19,050–$77,400
25% $77,400–$156,150 22% $77,400–$165,000
28% $156,150–$237,950 24% $165,000–$315,000
33% $237,950–$424,950 32% $315,000–$400,000
35% $424,950–$480,050 35% $400,000–$600,000
39.6% $480,050 and up 37% $600,000 and up

Last edited:
He had a tax cut for the rich and corporations and cut some regulations. Other than that he just had to be a republican.

Do you think the president has a direct effect on the markets? What other policies did he and the Senate enact that affected the economy?

What else did he do? He curbed illegal immigration, that's good.........but in a brutal and borderline illegal way. Wouldn't put DACA through even though he said he would. Stole money for a wall. Um........what else. Catered to rich mining and timber corporations by loosening all sorts of environmental laws. Air and water are less safe.......and apparently he wants to drill offshore. Veterans choice? That's a lie, he just extended it and took credit for starting it. I guess the military defeated ISIS.........which was already on the ropes. Still thinking here......
You never responded on the illegal immigration. I wanted to find out what you know since I'm not aware of anything borderline illegal that had been done.

You received a 3% cut then. No group received a higher cut than that.

Single filers
Rate
10% $0–$9,525 10% $0–$9,525
15% $9,525–$38,700 12% $9,525–$38,700
25% $38,700–$93,700 22% $38,700–$82,500
28% $93,700–$195,450 24% $82,500–$157,500
33% $195,450–$424,950 32% $157,500–$200,000
35% $424,950–$426,700 35% $200,000–$500,000
39.6% $426,700 and up 37% $500,000 and up

Married Tax rates:
Rate
10% $0–$19,050 10% $0–$19,050
15% $19,050–$77,400 12% $19,050–$77,400
25% $77,400–$156,150 22% $77,400–$165,000
28% $156,150–$237,950 24% $165,000–$315,000
33% $237,950–$424,950 32% $315,000–$400,000
35% $424,950–$480,050 35% $400,000–$600,000
39.6% $480,050 and up 37% $600,000 and up
While I agreed with the tax cuts, I would have wanted the rates for each bracket to be more in line with a 0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 25%, 30% and 40% structure along with substantial cuts to the federal bureaucracy. My reasoning for this is that while most of our income is now taxed above 30%, I can remember how life was in my 20's and can say with certainty that every extra dollar that I didn't give to the government would have been recirculated back into the economy.

Single filers
Rate
10% $0–$9,525 0% $0–$9,525
15% $9,525–$38,700 5% $9,525–$38,700
25% $38,700–$93,700 10% $38,700–$82,500
28% $93,700–$195,450 20% $82,500–$157,500
33% $195,450–$424,950 25% $157,500–$200,000
35% $424,950–$426,700 30% $200,000–$500,000
39.6% $426,700 and up 40% $500,000 and up

Married Tax rates:
Rate
10% $0–$19,050 0% $0–$19,050
15% $19,050–$77,400 5% $19,050–$77,400
25% $77,400–$156,150 10% $77,400–$165,000
28% $156,150–$237,950 20% $165,000–$315,000
33% $237,950–$424,950 25% $315,000–$400,000
35% $424,950–$480,050 30% $400,000–$600,000
39.6% $480,050 and up 40% $600,000 and up

Last edited:

omg...he passed the mission act with 5.2B in it for choice. while he didn't technically pass choice he can take credit for mission and fully funding choice.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
omg...he passed the mission act with 5.2B in it for choice. while he didn't technically pass choice he can take credit for mission and fully funding choice.
Technically? He claimed no one could get it passed, no one could do it in 40 plus years and he did it. That's a technicality?

The Mission act brings several veterans care programs into one......and he eliminated the expiration date and funded choice until Mission took over. Thats a good thing........why can't he just say he did that.......instead taking credit for the whole damn thing? Why lie and take away from what he did do?

We know why. He can't give credit to Obama for anything and he's a lying, insecure, narcissist who has to take credit for anything good.

It's a LIE.....and you come back with an omg? Yea, omg, you're making excuses for a lying POS. Well done.

Reactions: indy35
Technically? He claimed no one could get it passed, no one could do it in 40 plus years and he did it. That's a technicality?

The Mission act brings several veterans care programs into one......and he eliminated the expiration date and funded choice until Mission took over. Thats a good thing........why can't he just say he did that.......instead taking credit for the whole damn thing? Why lie and take away from what he did do?

We know why. He can't give credit to Obama for anything and he's a lying, insecure, narcissist who has to take credit for anything good.

It's a LIE.....and you come back with an omg? Yea, omg, you're making excuses for a lying POS. Well done.
just like you can't give trump credit for anything positive. 2 sides of a coin. mission replaced the dying choice program but you left that out of your fair and balanced screeching.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
just like you can't give trump credit for anything positive. 2 sides of a coin. mission replaced the dying choice program but you left that out of your fair and balanced screeching.

"The Mission act brings several veterans care programs into one......and he eliminated the expiration date and funded choice until Mission took over. Thats a good thing......"

Wrong again. On the rare occasion Trump does something right I give him credit.
The argument you people always make.......that we don't give Trump credit for anything.........is based on what YOU THINK is a good thing. If we don't approve of his actions it's kinda hard to make the accusation.

The veterans choice program wasn't dying. That's a lie, just like trump's statement that he created it......which you don't want to talk about.

rofl he didn't say anything positive until i pointed out mission. run along. if i hadn't posted you wouldn't even know about it.
Wrong again. I read his post first before yours. You’re so full of it. You have the same reading comprehension as the tool in the Oval Office.

Wrong again. I read his post first before yours. You’re so full of it. You have the same reading comprehension as the tool in the Oval Office.
post 135 mine. post 136 he says it's a good thing. LOL destroyed.
giphy.gif

post 135 mine. post 136 he says it's a good thing. LOL destroyed.
giphy.gif

Lol! Wtf are you talking about.
Post 135 You talk about what he did with Mission. You say he can take credit. No mention of giving him credit.

post 136 He says it’s a good thing he did. Giving him credit.

post 137 You said he never gives Trump credit.

post 139 I point out your statement is nuts.

You destroyed nothing. Thanks for the laugh though.

Lol! Wtf are you talking about.
Post 135 You talk about what he did with Mission. You say he can take credit. No mention of giving him credit.

post 136 He says it’s a good thing he did. Giving him credit.

post 137 You said he never gives Trump credit.

post 139 I point out your statement is nuts.

You destroyed nothing. Thanks for the laugh though.
i said he didn't give credit until i brought up mission, which is true. message boards are beyond you.

i said he didn't give credit until i brought up mission, which is true. message boards are beyond you.
So let me get this straight. He gave him credit you then said “you can’t give Trump credit for anything positive”, I then point out he literally just gave him credit for something positive before your comment. You respond by taking credit for the credit he gave that you said he can’t give. Got it. I’ll let you have the last word. This stupid conversation is beyond me.

So let me get this straight. He gave him credit you then said “you can’t give Trump credit for anything positive”, I then point out he literally just gave him credit for something positive before your comment. You respond by taking credit for the credit he gave that you said he can’t give. Got it. I’ll let you have the last word. This stupid conversation is beyond me.

This is literally why you cannot argue with Trump supporters. When called to the table, they bob, weave, deflect and lie. It’s almost kind of impressive minus the whole idiocy aspect of it.

Lol. I'm not gonna argue when......but does it really freaking matter if I gave him credit before or after you mentioned it?
You people bitch about us not giving trump credit......when we do, it wasn't soon enough. Wtf.

I guess that excuse is just more BS.
Seriously, you guys are running out of deflections to use to avoid admitting to yourselves what trump truly is.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Lol. I'm not gonna argue when......but does it really freaking matter if I gave him credit before or after you mentioned it?
You people bitch about us not giving trump credit......when we do, it wasn't soon enough. Wtf.

I guess that excuse is just more BS.
Seriously, you guys are running out of deflections to use to avoid admitting to yourselves what trump truly is.
more bs? I'm the only one telling the truth.

So Trump is now bragging about taking a cognitive test at Walter Reed recently in front of doctors and doing so great at it.

I actually took one.. and I proved I was all there because I aced it... I took it at Walter Reed Medical Center in front of doctors and they were very surprised. They said that’s an unbelievable thing, rarely does anyone do what you just did.

There's been no stated trip by him to Walter Reed since November, which is when he went there unannounced and no explanation was given. The last cognitive test he's on record of taking was January 2018.

So he's either lying...or....

Reactions: BuilderBob6
"Think of it. If we did half the testing we'd have half the cases."

You know his advisors have been tip toeing furiously around telling him to stop with this nonsense. And yet, he thinks it's a great argument so he continues to show himself to be the village idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT