ADVERTISEMENT

The pending Biden investigation

Why has it become so important to Trump to suddenly want to root out corruption in Ukraine? Don’t you think there’s a nexus with the fact the Biden might be his opponent in 2020. Even a pre-school kid could figure out what’s going on and its not Trump’s love of Ukraine’s independence as while his fiddling around with the funds congress authorized for their defense from Russia whom by the way has cost the Ukrainians over 12,000 lives so far. The greater crime is how many more Ukrainians were killed as a result of Trump’s vengeance against Biden and it’s rightfully being looked into by congress.

BTW how many of Trump’s cabinet members and spouses, and Trump’s kids are on the board of directors for companies that they have no expertise other than having a link to the White House.
Trump isn't wanting to root out corruption in the Ukraine, he's wanting to root it out of Washington, D.C.

So when is he going to start? Pretty much everyone he’s brought in either quits or is fired by him and then stabbed in the back.

So when is he going to start? Pretty much everyone he’s brought in either quits or is fired by him and then stabbed in the back.
If you are honest in your statements about Trump's hiring/firing, you'll include that Obama, Bush, Clinton, LBJ (maybe the worst at firing folks) have all fired and had folks leave. I'm guessing all the President's have a bit of an ego and little bit of a temper.

If you are honest in your statements about Trump's hiring/firing, you'll include that Obama, Bush, Clinton, LBJ (maybe the worst at firing folks) have all fired and had folks leave. I'm guessing all the President's have a bit of an ego and little bit of a temper.

Are you capable at all of replying without bringing up Obama and Clinton? That’s a rhetorical question of course.

Neither of them said they only hired the best people and talked about draining the swamp and then turned around and had the highest administration turnover rate going.

@TwinDegrees2 Do you ever get tired of talking out of your @ss without even a tenuous grasp on the actual facts?

https://time.com/5625699/trump-cabinet-acosta/

Donald Trump has now had more turnover in his Cabinet in the first two and a half years of his presidency than any of his five immediate predecessors did in their entire first terms.

That was as of July 2018.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
@TwinDegrees2 Do you ever get tired of talking out of your @ss without even a tenuous grasp on the actual facts?

https://time.com/5625699/trump-cabinet-acosta/

Donald Trump has now had more turnover in his Cabinet in the first two and a half years of his presidency than any of his five immediate predecessors did in their entire first terms.

That was as of July 2018.
Wow...reading comprehension an issue for you? You must have missed "She Jane Run". Only thing I said was to point out they all do it. Thy all do it as it's their choice.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Wow...reading comprehension an issue for you? You must have missed "She Jane Run". Only thing I said was to point out they all do it. Thy all do it as it's their choice.
By bringing up the other presidents were you not trying to equate their turnover with Trump’s and excuse the amount that he’s had? Why else do it, what argument were you trying to make?

If it’s dementia, I’m sorry for all the crap you take, you can’t help it. If you’re being willfully stupid, there are easy ways to fix that and you get no sympathy.

BTW how many of Trump’s cabinet members and spouses, and Trump’s kids are on the board of directors for compa

Bill can you list the boards his children sit on and when they were appointed.
Thanks in advance.

Why has it become so important to Trump to suddenly want to root out corruption in Ukraine? Don’t you think there’s a nexus with the fact the Biden might be his opponent in 2020. Even a pre-school kid could figure out what’s going on and its not Trump’s love of Ukraine’s independence as while his fiddling around with the funds congress authorized for their defense from Russia whom by the way has cost the Ukrainians over 12,000 lives so far. The greater crime is how many more Ukrainians were killed as a result of Trump’s vengeance against Biden and it’s rightfully being looked into by congress.

BTW how many of Trump’s cabinet members and spouses, and Trump’s kids are on the board of directors for companies that they have no expertise other than having a link to the White House.

A few things:
-Your comprehension or retention is not good. I stated people get jobs cause of last names all the time. That is not the issue. When daddy gets a prosecutor fired for the company his son on the board for to get an investigation stopped, that is the issue. Hell, the US wants him fired-fine. Biden should have excused himself at the least. Two separate issues.

The issue with China and Biden is worse. As VP, Meet with head of China, and Hunter is now an investment banker in China.

Even a pre schooler can figure out Biden needs investigated. See what I did there? Cute, I know.

-Trump is not the only politician that fiddled or threatened stoppage of funds.

-You are ignorant of what Trump has done for Ukraine. This is one area where an 100% Obama guy and a guy who dislikes Trump, in short, needs to just stay quiet. Ukraine received top of the line US military arms, radar and equipment under Trump. Under Obama, not so much.

Your argument about Ukraine sounds a lot like the illegal immigration issue. Been that way for 35 years, now suddenly make Trump a racist about it. The US and NATO did next to nothing for Ukraine under Obama. Under Trump, Ukraine receives some of the latest and best military equipment in world. That was a game changer. Suddenly, it is not enough and the 12,000 dead Ukranians are suddenly an issue.

Hell Europe is not even supplying that level of armament due to not wanting to get in a proxy war. Even though it is their neighbor and all. But lets critique Trump for not doing enough when their neighbors and Obama did nothing to this level.

Also, have said multiple times I am good with any investigation. From what we know now, not seeing impeachment. Also, conduct a real investigation, all aspects, all people. None if this out of my scope crap when people not investigated had direct knowledge/involved in situation.

Good question: feel free to list the jobs, boards, etc Trump children were added to, especially if they had no particular expertise in that company business, since 2016.

A few things:
-Your comprehension or retention is not good. I stated people get jobs cause of last names all the time. That is not the issue. When daddy gets a prosecutor fired for the company his son on the board for to get an investigation stopped, that is the issue. Hell, the US wants him fired-fine. Biden should have excused himself at the least. Two separate issues.

The issue with China and Biden is worse. As VP, Meet with head of China, and Hunter is now an investment banker in China.

Even a pre schooler can figure out Biden needs investigated. See what I did there? Cute, I know.

-You are ignorant of what Trump has done for Ukraine. This is one area where an 100% Obama guy and a guy who dislikes Trump, in short, needs to just stay quiet. Ukraine received top of the line US military arms, radar and equipment under Trump. Under Obama, not so much.

Your argument about Ukraine sounds a lot like the illegal immigration issue. Been that way for 35 years, now suddenly make Trump a racist about it. The US and NATO did next to nothing for Ukraine under Obama. Under Trump, Ukraine receives some of the latest and best military equipment in world. That was a game changer. Suddenly, it is not enough and the 12,000 dead Ukranians are suddenly an issue.

Hell Europe is not even supplying that level of armament due to not wanting to get in a proxy war. Even though it is their neighbor and all. But lets critique Trump for not doing enough when their neighbors and Obama did nothing to this level.

Also, have said multiple times I am good with any investigation. From what we know now, not seeing impeachment. Also, conduct a real investigation, all aspects, all people. None if this out of my scope crap when people not investigated had direct knowledge/involved in situation.

Trump specifically changed the 2016 Republican platform to eliminate aid to Ukraine or don't you remember that? Yeah the Republican party itself is very pro-Ukraine but you don't play around with the money that was authorized if you are tough on the invaders from Russia.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-campaign-changed-ukraine-platform-lied-about-it
"The Trump campaign went out of its way to dramatically alter the Republican Party’s official position on Ukraine—against the wishes of GOP hawks and despite senior Trump aide Paul Manafort’s insistence that they weren’t involved.

The move, first reported by The Washington Post, alienated Republicans who have made up the party’s foreign policy base for decades, and indicates that the Trump campaign has a particular interest in Ukraine, where Manafort had previously worked for a pro-Putin leader.

Manafort said on NBC’s Meet the Press this past weekend that the change in language on Ukraine “absolutely did not come from the Trump campaign.”

But this account is contradicted by four sources in the room, both for and against the language."

The Republican party and as are the Democrats are very supportive of Ukraine but Trump not so much. Trump has invited Putin to the G7 and is wanting to release the sanctions against Russia but he has gotten too much blowback to do it. If Trump was so tough on Russia why is he holding up the money for months that congress authorized to help Ukraine defend itself? Trump is providing Javelin missiles to Ukraine finally, which are an anti-tank weapons that are more effective than the defensive weapons Obama was giving but that war in Ukraine has ground down to what Putin is willing to leave it at as a stalemate although many people are still dying but that makes no difference to someone like Putin. Putin really only wanted Eastern Ukraine and Crimea as that is where the majority of the ethnic Russians lived in what used to be Ukraine and that is where the great farm land that country has is located. I really don't give Trump much credit for what he is doing to or in Ukraine. I don't trust Trump and Putin together at all frankly.

On the Biden's: I don't care if Hunter is investigated but he is just another one of the may politicians who benefit from having connections to people in power and if you don't think Don, Jr., Ivanka and Eric aren't taking advantage of their positions you are kidding yourself. What family that has had member who has held high public office hasn't benefited from it in the last 100 years? The only thing that makes the Biden's so special to Trump is the fact that Joe would beat him if he was the Democratic nominee and he knows that so that's all this skullduggery by Trump and Gulliani is about trying to get dirt on Joe and using a weak country, Ukraine which would resort to almost anything even manufacturing evidence if that would ensure its continuation. Trump's motives are loathsome and he is proving once again he is not of the caliber of person that should hold the office of the president. I'm sorry you are so partisan that you can't see it for yourself.

BTW how many of Trump’s cabinet members and spouses, and Trump’s kids are on the board of directors for compa

Bill can you list the boards his children sit on and when they were appointed.
Thanks in advance.
How about Eric:
In June 2017, Forbes reported that the Eric Trump Foundation shifted money intended to go to cancer patients to the family's businesses. Eric Trump had asserted that his foundation got to use Trump Organization assets for free ("We get to use our assets 100% free of charge"), but that appears not to be the case. According to Forbes, more than $1.2 million of the donations went to the Trump Organization for the use of Trump's Westchester golf course and that "Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Trying to know what the Trump children due is probably not that possible since they dealing primarily with family non-public traded corporations and LLC's. I guess we could ask Michael Cohen as he would probably know but I probably can't get in touch with him currently.

Trump specifically changed the 2016 Republican platform to eliminate aid to Ukraine or don't you remember that? Yeah the Republican party itself is very pro-Ukraine but you don't play around with the money that was authorized if you are tough on the invaders from Russia.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-campaign-changed-ukraine-platform-lied-about-it
"The Trump campaign went out of its way to dramatically alter the Republican Party’s official position on Ukraine—against the wishes of GOP hawks and despite senior Trump aide Paul Manafort’s insistence that they weren’t involved.

The move, first reported by The Washington Post, alienated Republicans who have made up the party’s foreign policy base for decades, and indicates that the Trump campaign has a particular interest in Ukraine, where Manafort had previously worked for a pro-Putin leader.

Manafort said on NBC’s Meet the Press this past weekend that the change in language on Ukraine “absolutely did not come from the Trump campaign.”

But this account is contradicted by four sources in the room, both for and against the language."

The Republican party and as are the Democrats are very supportive of Ukraine but Trump not so much. Trump has invited Putin to the G7 and is wanting to release the sanctions against Russia but he has gotten too much blowback to do it. If Trump was so tough on Russia why is he holding up the money for months that congress authorized to help Ukraine defend itself? Trump is providing Javelin missiles to Ukraine finally, which are an anti-tank weapons that are more effective than the defensive weapons Obama was giving but that war in Ukraine has ground down to what Putin is willing to leave it at as a stalemate although many people are still dying but that makes no difference to someone like Putin. Putin really only wanted Eastern Ukraine and Crimea as that is where the majority of the ethnic Russians lived in what used to be Ukraine and that is where the great farm land that country has is located. I really don't give Trump much credit for what he is doing to or in Ukraine. I don't trust Trump and Putin together at all frankly.

On the Biden's: I don't care if Hunter is investigated but he is just another one of the may politicians who benefit from having connections to people in power and if you don't think Don, Jr., Ivanka and Eric aren't taking advantage of their positions you are kidding yourself. What family that has had member who has held high public office hasn't benefited from it in the last 100 years? The only thing that makes the Biden's so special to Trump is the fact that Joe would beat him if he was the Democratic nominee and he knows that so that's all this skullduggery by Trump and Gulliani is about trying to get dirt on Joe and using a weak country, Ukraine which would resort to almost anything even manufacturing evidence if that would ensure its continuation. Trump's motives are loathsome and he is proving once again he is not of the caliber of person that should hold the office of the president. I'm sorry you are so partisan that you can't see it for yourself.

Once again, I do not care about Hunter Biden. Or kids that have a parent that gets them jobs. Joe Biden, actions as VP, in relation to HB, different story.

Interesting that people are bent on Trump witholding money but do not seem to care that Biden and other senators did/threatened too

The javelin is what ground the war down. I know what it is-implemented in the field for US Army and Special Operations back in late 90’s/early 00. I have four contractors that work with me there. Opponents on battlefield have no answer for it. Europe could have given them their version of AT weapon which is really good but they did not in any real numbers. You do understand if Trump said no javelin/radar/comm equipment to Ukraine there would be none. Period.

Do I think at the time Trump removing or talking of removing foreign aid to countries was good or bad on platform in 2016? Ukraine? Well, like it or not that was his platform. The US will pay less, and allies need to step up. Honestly, I tend to see the point of European allies that are concerned with getting in a proxy war.

The part about Ukraine that gets me, is people seem to hold it over Trump. He was not President when this attack and occupation occurred with no response. The Ukranians situation has improved since he took office.

I am not sure where the last sentence comes from.

The turnstile installed for the Trump Administration's personnel traffic is almost worn out from overuse. WAY more than other presidents' terms.

Last edited:

Very high marks for accuracy. Well done.

There is an article in the LA Times concerning the former Ukrainian Prosecutor General who says
He told Rudolph Giuliani that he would be happy to cooperate if the FBI or other U.S. authorities began their own investigation of the former vice president and his son Hunter but insisted they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge.

Once again, I do not care about Hunter Biden. Or kids that have a parent that gets them jobs. Joe Biden, actions as VP, in relation to HB, different story.

Interesting that people are bent on Trump witholding money but do not seem to care that Biden and other senators did/threatened too

The javelin is what ground the war down. I know what it is-implemented in the field for US Army and Special Operations back in late 90’s/early 00. I have four contractors that work with me there. Opponents on battlefield have no answer for it. Europe could have given them their version of AT weapon which is really good but they did not in any real numbers. You do understand if Trump said no javelin/radar/comm equipment to Ukraine there would be none. Period.

Do I think at the time Trump removing or talking of removing foreign aid to countries was good or bad on platform in 2016? Ukraine? Well, like it or not that was his platform. The US will pay less, and allies need to step up. Honestly, I tend to see the point of European allies that are concerned with getting in a proxy war.

The part about Ukraine that gets me, is people seem to hold it over Trump. He was not President when this attack and occupation occurred with no response. The Ukranians situation has improved since he took office.

I am not sure where the last sentence comes from.

It wasn't Biden's personal position, every Western country had the same position.

Are a bunch of Western countries also demanding investigations of Trump's political rivals?

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

A few things:

The history of Ukraine and their 21st century military defense needs are just a little more complicated than your 3rd paragraph would suggest.
I.e. Trump = good; Obama and European neighbors = insufficient
Did you care to offer up a 5,000 word treatise on the subject of Ukrainian governmental upheavals in the last 10 years , and the resulting shifting of US policy-making in this area ??

The history of Ukraine and their 21st century military defense needs are just a little more complicated than your 3rd paragraph would suggest.
Did you care to offer up a 5,000 word treatise on the subject of Ukrainian governmental upheavals in the last 10 years , and the resulting shifting of US policy-making in this area ??

Sure it is more complicated. But if one is going to critique Trump and what he had given not being enough, that is a poor take. That was implied in post I responded too. In comparison to others, Ukraine got more under Trump than others.

The javelin and advanced radars, were supplied under Trump. Just a fact. And if you took the time to read my posts, you would see that I am mixed on Ukraine getting the advanced weaponry.

It wasn't Biden's personal position, every Western country had the same position.

Are a bunch of Western countries also demanding investigations of Trump's political rivals?

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

I am not concerned about what other countries demand. I was not aware Trump demanded anything for money.

It seemed ‘allies’ were involved in investigating Trump in 2016.

Are you saying it would be ok if foreign countries demanded an investigation into Biden? That would seem to be election interference from a foreign country. It seems in one instance people cry foreign intervention. Very next situation comes up and the response is no other country says to investigate.

Sure it is more complicated. But if one is going to critique Trump and what he had given not being enough, that is a poor take. That was implied in post I responded too. In comparison to others, Ukraine got more under Trump than others.

The javelin and advanced radars, were supplied under Trump. Just a fact. And if you took the time to read my posts, you would see that I am mixed on Ukraine getting the advanced weaponry.
MY post was not to delve into a critique of Trump's 2017-present Ukrainian moves. Only to emphasize the absence of context in terms of 2009-2017 decisions that were made with a completely different landscape.

I am not concerned about what other countries demand. I was not aware Trump demanded anything for money.

It seemed ‘allies’ were involved in investigating Trump in 2016.

Are you saying it would be ok if foreign countries demanded an investigation into Biden? That would seem to be election interference from a foreign country. It seems in one instance people cry foreign intervention. Very next situation comes up and the response is no other country says to investigate.

So it is election interference if a foreign country tells a country to open an investigation on Biden's son...but it's not if Trump does?

Because Trump has....

You'd be cool with the next Democratic president calling countries up and telling them to investigate a GOP candidate? I'm sure...

Reactions: Bill4411
So it is election interference if a foreign country tells a country to open an investigation on Biden's son...but it's not if Trump does?

Because Trump has....

You'd be cool with the next Democratic president calling countries up and telling them to investigate a GOP candidate? I'm sure...
You know what....if that GOP's son/daughter were as corrupt as Old Joe and Old Joe Biden's son....I'd encourage it.

You know what....if that GOP's son/daughter were as corrupt as Old Joe and Old Joe Biden's son....I'd encourage it.
Sadly, you really wouldn't. I know that you think that you would but your absolute willingness to accept anything that is adverse to President Trump as being solely "fake news" suggests that you would do exactly so again. Sorry, I am not buying what you are selling, and I really wish that I could.

Sadly, you really wouldn't. I know that you think that you would but your absolute willingness to accept anything that is adverse to President Trump as being solely "fake news" suggests that you would do exactly so again. Sorry, I am not buying what you are selling, and I really wish that I could.
70, why would I lie about it? BTW....Ted Cruz has introduced legislation for an amendment to the constitution. What say you about that?

70, why would I lie about it? BTW....Ted Cruz has introduced legislation for an amendment to the constitution. What say you about that?

What’s his proposal?

Also, I’m highly suspect of anything he does. Anyone who allows someone to call his wife ugly in front of an entire country.....hell, the world...and then continue to kiss that bully’s ass is a spineless hack. Maybe he will surprise me though.

I was very careful to not suggest that you are lying about it - I don't think that. I completely accept that you feel that you would react as you suggest. Reread my post, I am in no way trying to paint it as anything but your intense acceptance of "Trumpism" simply seems to me to overwhelm any ability for actual objectivity on these type issues by you.

I was very careful to not suggest that you are lying about it - I don't think that. I completely accept that you feel that you would react as you suggest. Reread my post, I am in no way trying to paint it as anything but your intense acceptance of "Trumpism" simply seems to me to overwhelm any ability for actual objectivity on these type issues by you.
You know, being totally honest, IF POTUS DJT were guilty of an impeachable offense I'd say impeach. Just as I did with Nixon, though I think that was a railroad job too. But I have not seen one thing that says he's done anything that smacks of high crimes and misdemeanors, other than beating a flawled Dem candidate.

And no, I don't want a dictator.:)

You know, being totally honest, IF POTUS DJT were guilty of an impeachable offense I'd say impeach. Just as I did with Nixon, though I think that was a railroad job too. But I have not seen one thing that says he's done anything that smacks of high crimes and misdemeanors, other than beating a flawled Dem candidate.

And no, I don't want a dictator.:)
You seem to convolute the ideas of "impeachment inquiry", "impeachment" and "removal from office"
I have never suggested anyone accept that "removal" is the appropriate remedy. Remove or not. For that matter I feel the same about impeach or not. However to suggest that the current stage of impeachment investigation is unwarranted speaks again of the refusal of "Trumpers" to be even remotely objective as to what are "actual" versus "fake" facts.

Because Trump has....

Silly me. After the last two years I thought all of the posters here were concerned about foreign influence/interference in the election.

Where has Trump demanded or withheld money for any investigation? Some on here must have believed Schiff's BS which he now calls a parody, or have some tapes that nobody else has heard yet.

Being a political candidate does not give one immunity from investigation. I am not sure why people believe that. Biden's actions and words resulted in this situation.

In reference to your comment on the next Dem President investigating the Republican-Trump was already investigated under the Obama Admin, and that was on the basis of Russian misleads that Hilary paid for and used that info to get bs FISA warrants. See the difference?

Reactions: BoilerJS

LOL. Look at the post I responded too and you liked and responded too. You compliment that, which is the post that critiqued Trump and ignored Obama's inaction starting off the good/bad debate.. Then tell me to do this. I am sure you see your hypocrisy-wait, no you do not.

You seem to convolute the ideas of "impeachment inquiry", "impeachment" and "removal from office"
I have never suggested anyone accept that "removal" is the appropriate remedy. Remove or not. For that matter I feel the same about impeach or not. However to suggest that the current stage of impeachment investigation is unwarranted speaks again of the refusal of "Trumpers" to be even remotely objective as to what are "actual" versus "fake" facts.

If one wants to investigate the Ukrainian situation vs Trump-fine. Enough there to investigate. But then make the impeachment decision afterwards.

If one looks at the facts for the Ukranian case, as of now, there is nothing there for impeachment. Maybe there will be after an investigation.

If one wants to look at Ukraine in terms of Trump, but not Joe Biden, that is hypocrisy and partisanship at its finest.

Now that it is known Barr has asked foreign countries for help to investigate on America's actions on the 2016 election, it is obvious why the Dems are pushing for impeachment. Not because Barr is wrong for using the Connecticut AG to investigate the US Admin, FBI/CIA, but because they are very concerned about what may come to the surface. There is a reason Pelosi after being so cautious on the impeachment front went all in before hearing what the Whistle Blower(whose testimony is useless unless the first hand people come forward)-the Dems feel a need to get Barr removed from investigation and Trump impeached.

Reactions: boilerjohn

Projection.

"I think that (Nixon) was a railroad job too."

Wow. There you have it folks.
Why would anyone try to reason with this guy?
Short of devising some way for us to metaphysically enter another parallel universe, I have no earthly idea of why any of our planet's 7,000,000,000+
inhabitants would even consider trying.
"Railroaded" Tricky Dick.
Beat that.

I do not think it passes. Mainly because many politicians that come forward and said they wanted term limits basically voted against it.

Also, not sure I like the limits. Two six year terms for Senators seems ok, but I would make it 4, 4, then 6.

Three two year terms for House is a terrible idea. The main reason is a person will win their election, and go into re-election mode one year later. I could see making it three four year terms.

The issue also becomes, there are all of the Commitees. The committees need people with at least some experience leading them. Ex-they know how legislation works, have an idea of how to lead, build a majority(although they all suck at that anyway).

LOL. Look at the post I responded too and you liked and responded too. You compliment that, which is the post that critiqued Trump and ignored Obama's inaction starting off the good/bad debate.. Then tell me to do this. I am sure you see your hypocrisy-wait, no you do not.
You're damn skippy I don't see the hypocrisy. Ain't none there.
The referenced liked post dealt primarily with the 2016 GOP platform and the current Biden story. The rest is an accurate BRIEF description of ONE of the Obama era decisions that were made.
Adios.

Projection.
How so?
Perhaps you would care to cite a circumstance wherein I have been unwilling to consider any factual allegation out of hand with the simple retort of being "fake" or "untrue" without a providing a valid basis for such and a link to the contrary information. Perhaps you may locate such but my guess is that you will not. If you do, I will apologize in advance for having posted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT