ADVERTISEMENT

The pending Biden investigation

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Just curious as to whether our liberal friends here believe Biden should be investigated on the influence he exerted as VP in helping his son get $600k per year gig with the Ukraine govt?
Or, is that just a weird coincidence?

Just curious as to whether our liberal friends here believe Biden should be investigated on the influence he exerted as VP in helping his son get $600k per year gig with the Ukraine govt?
What a gig POTUS has turned out to be for a con man. The more corrupt Trump shows himself to be the more entrenched and rabid his supporters become. Mainlining conservative media and once again blanketing yourselves in made up conspiracy.

Around the same time the Clintons are investigated for personally overseeing the murders of dozens of people, and selling Uranium to the Russians, and probably slightly before we find out that Obama was born in Kenya and is an Al Qaeda plant.
The fact that these conspiracies are under investigated is evidence of the mainstream media being in the pockets of the demoncrats.

1) Your statement is factually incorrect. Hunter Biden received a job with Burisma, a private company. The guy who founded the company was a former minister in the government, but there is no direct relationship between the Ukraine government and Burisma.
2) There is no evidence that Joe Biden did a single thing to convince / influence Burisma to hire Hunter. Now, I absolutely guarantee that Burisma hired Hunter for his last name alone and thought that having him on the board would lend legitimacy to their efforts to open new international / American avenues. Was he underqualified for that role? Probably, but every single day in this country (and the world over) someone gets a job based upon their last name / connections alone and not upon their skill set. While that is morally questionable, there is certainly nothing illegal about it.

You want to call it a conflict of interest, you go right ahead and I'll agree with you. If you have any evidence that Biden influenced the American government to contract Burisma over other worthy options or forced the Ukranian government to exclusively use Burisma gas in all government facilities, then you have a potential Pulitzer on your hands and that is definitely worthy of an investigation. I have yet to see any evidence to warrant that though. Feel free to post it.

Don't get me wrong, I could easily SEE it happening, but just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean it actually is.

1) Your statement is factually incorrect. Hunter Biden received a job with Burisma, a private company. The guy who founded the company was a former minister in the government, but there is no direct relationship between the Ukraine government and Burisma.
2) There is no evidence that Joe Biden did a single thing to convince / influence Burisma to hire Hunter. Now, I absolutely guarantee that Burisma hired Hunter for his last name alone and thought that having him on the board would lend legitimacy to their efforts to open new international / American avenues. Was he underqualified for that role? Probably, but every single day in this country (and the world over) someone gets a job based upon their last name / connections alone and not upon their skill set. While that is morally questionable, there is certainly nothing illegal about it.

You want to call it a conflict of interest, you go right ahead and I'll agree with you. If you have any evidence that Biden influenced the American government to contract Burisma over other worthy options or forced the Ukranian government to exclusively use Burisma gas in all government facilities, then you have a potential Pulitzer on your hands and that is definitely worthy of an investigation. I have yet to see any evidence to warrant that though. Feel free to post it.

Don't get me wrong, I could easily SEE it happening, but just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean it actually is.
Exactly. I agree Hunter was probably unqualified and was hired for his last name.......and it does happen every day in America.
I don't understand how all this happened 4 years ago but isn't an issue until an election cycle comes along.

Reactions: Bill4411
Exactly. I agree Hunter was probably unqualified and was hired for his last name.......and it does happen every day in America.
I don't understand how all this happened 4 years ago but isn't an issue until an election cycle comes along.

Happens with universities, businesses, and on and on

Sort of like someone being accused of rape the supposedly occurred 30 years ago but is now conveniently brought up during Supreme Court hearings ?

The replies from the lefties here don’t surprise me.
Of course you're going to believe that Biden has no influence on his son getting a high paid position that he’s unqualified for with a company connected to a foreign govt.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Of course you're going to believe that Biden has no influence on his son getting a high paid position that he’s unqualified for with a company connected to a foreign govt.
Assuming that I said, "ok, these are bad apples that I have here," should I expect to receive a reply from you to the effect of "yes, and since we are comparing apples to oranges, I freely admit these are bad oranges that I have in my bag?"

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I'm pretty sure he does. The question is: so what? Relative to Trump implicitly leveraging foreign military aid to target a political rival, that's pretty much a nothingburger. Nepotism vs. blackmail/fraud. Both are abuses of power, in which case both Trump and Biden should be removed from office or contention from office.

That's just it... even if Biden did wrong that doesn't absolve Trump.

Around the same time the Clintons are investigated for personally overseeing the murders of dozens of people, and selling Uranium to the Russians, and probably slightly before we find out that Obama was born in Kenya and is an Al Qaeda plant.
old Saudi regime**

What about the China deal Biden helped set up for his son? I’m sure it was all completely above board, to the tune of ~$1B.

What about the China deal Biden helped set up for his son? I’m sure it was all completely above board, to the tune of ~$1B.

Why weren’t any of you geniuses talking about this as soon as he announced his candidacy?

I would figure you and the rest of the brain trust would trot something like this (however much of a lie it is) immediately.

I'm pretty sure he does. The question is: so what? Relative to Trump implicitly leveraging foreign military aid to target a political rival, that's pretty much a nothingburger. Nepotism vs. blackmail/fraud. Both are abuses of power, in which case both Trump and Biden should be removed from office or contention from office.

The leveraging aid part (~$400M), hasn’t been proven yet. It’s been alleged. Did it happen? May take awhile to find out. Trump has made contradictory statements about the aid, once saying that the aid was withheld because of Ukrainian government corruption.

Why weren’t any of you geniuses talking about this as soon as he announced his candidacy?

I would figure you and the rest of the brain trust would trot something like this (however much of a lie it is) immediately.
Prove it’s a lie. There’s a fair amount of shadiness related to business deals and Biden’s help to his son in securing the deals. The China deal is just one of them.

Prove it’s a lie. There’s a fair amount of shadiness related to business deals and Biden’s help to his son in securing the deals. The China deal is just one of them.

I’m not the one dropping the accusation. That’s you. So you prove it.

The leveraging aid part (~$400M), hasn’t been proven yet. It’s been alleged. Did it happen? May take awhile to find out. Trump has made contradictory statements about the aid, once saying that the aid was withheld because of Ukrainian government corruption.
Ukraine memo - Page 2 last 2 sentences by Ukrainian President and the Page 3 first paragraph response by President Trump certainly seems to demonstrate what it's all about...

If I were Joe Biden I would probably have this discussion with my son Hunter -
"Hunter, I love you dearly. I'm not angry at you. I hope that you made a huge amount of money with the Ukraine and banked it and have a great life. However, I am saddened that your lack of foresight has resulted in my need to recognize that I will not likely be President, that if I were to be that I could never serve as a unifying influence, and that I am therefore going to withdraw my candidacy, not because of any impropriety , but because there is such an appearance of one."

Even the lefties here can have an ounce of objectivity....I think.
How can you watch this video and not conclude that Biden engaged in QPQ, hanging $1B in aid over the Ukraine govt's head if they don't do what he asks?
THAT is what President Trump asked them to investigate: A sitting VP using his position and money to influence the actions of a foreign govt. It wasn't a simple as Trump saying "Hey, just for the hell of it, why don't you investigate Biden and if you come up with any dirt, let me know"

How can you watch this video and not conclude that Biden engaged in QPQ, hanging $1B in aid over the Ukraine govt's head if they don't do what he asks?
THAT is what President Trump asked them to investigate: A sitting VP using his position and money to influence the actions of a foreign govt. It wasn't a simple as Trump saying "Hey, just for the hell of it, why don't you investigate Biden and if you come up with any dirt, let me know"

What's the source of that video? (It won't play for me on my computer). It kinda looks like a propoganda video from the cover shot.

But again, what I would say here is that if Biden leveraged aid to Ukraine to get his son a job, and Trump leveraged aid to Ukraine to get them to investigate Biden for political purposes, then they are both guilty of abuses of power. The thing you have to resolve in your head is that only one of them will be impeached for it.

I said it before: that Clinton did bad/illegal things does not absolve Trump. Same for Biden or anyone else. If there is evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors, then they should all be impeached/indicted. Nancy Pelosi (again, not a fan of hers!) nailed it. No one is above the law.

What's the source of that video? (It won't play for me on my computer). It kinda looks like a propoganda video from the cover shot.

But again, what I would say here is that if Biden leveraged aid to Ukraine to get his son a job, and Trump leveraged aid to Ukraine to get them to investigate Biden for political purposes, then they are both guilty of abuses of power. The thing you have to resolve in your head is that only one of them will be impeached for it.

I said it before: that Clinton did bad/illegal things does not absolve Trump. Same for Biden or anyone else. If there is evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors, then they should all be impeached/indicted. Nancy Pelosi (again, not a fan of hers!) nailed it. No one is above the law.

I watched the video. It’s a WSJ opinion video although it provides zero context as to what it’s being played for.

Biden is on a panel saying how he’s in Kiev to offer a $1b loan guarantee but someone has to be fired.

Interestingly, nowhere did he say that he will give the 1b if they investigate a presidential nominee.

So the lesson here is that this video is night while what trump did is day.

It was the Wall Street Journal. Pretty reputable source. Just Google 'Biden Ukraine Video" and it'll come up from several sources.

But quit listening to how MSNBC is framing what Trump said.
Here, I'll save you a minute:
Biden's son got a $50K a month job sitting on the board of a Ukrainian gas company that was led by a former Ukraine govt official.
Hunter Biden had no experience, knowledge, etc in the natural resources or that industry (yet, it was worth $600K a year for the company to pay him for this lack of knowledge).
This appointment of the son of the VP of the US looked shady to the Ukraine govt, therefore a prosecutor was assigned to look into it. When Joe Biden got knowledge of this investigation, that's when he stepped in (as he clearly implicates himself in the video) and held a $1B payment to the Ukrainian govt as ransom unless that prosecutor were fired and that investigation were made to go away.

THAT"S what DJT was suggesting the the Pres of Ukraine look into. The fact that Biden, as VP, inserted himself into their legal and political process to influence an investigation that involved his son.
DJT is not asking for the Ukrainian govt to look into Biden now (although, didn't Obama OK the spying on of his political rivals a few years ago?)

Reactions: SDBoiler1
I watched the video. It’s a WSJ opinion video although it provides zero context as to what it’s being played for.

Biden is on a panel saying how he’s in Kiev to offer a $1b loan guarantee but someone has to be fired.

Interestingly, nowhere did he say that he will give the 1b if they investigate a presidential nominee.

So the lesson here is that this video is night while what trump did is day.

There is no 'opinion' about the video. It is what it is. Read what I wrote above. It clearly states who Biden was saying had to be fired and why. Otherwise, he was going to call Obama (yes, he said that to) to withhold the $1B.
Joe put his own nail in the coffin here.

Last edited:
It was the Wall Street Journal. Pretty reputable source. Just Google 'Biden Ukraine Video" and it'll come up from several sources.

Biden's son got a $50K a month job sitting on the board of a Ukrainian gas company that was led by a former Ukraine govt official.
Hunter Biden had no experience, knowledge, etc in the natural resources or that industry (yet, it was worth $600K a year for the company to pay him for this lack of knowledge).
This appointment of the son of the VP of the US looked shady to the Ukraine govt, therefore a prosecutor was assigned to look into it. When Joe Biden got knowledge of this investigation, that's when he stepped in (as he clearly implicates himself in the video) and held a $1B payment to the Ukrainian govt as ransom unless that prosecutor were fired and that investigation were made to go away.

THAT"S what DJT was suggesting the the Pres of Ukraine look into. The fact that Biden, as VP, inserted himself into their legal and political process to influence an investigation that involved his son.
DJT is not asking for the Ukrainian govt to look into Biden now (although, didn't Obama OK the spying on of his political rivals a few years ago?)

This is filled with lies.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
This is filled with lies.

Really? Did you watch the video? Did you listen to what came out of Joe Biden's mouth?

Pretty soon, lefties will be claiming the video and audio were doctored.

But, back to your assertion: What are the lies?

Last edited:
Really? Do tell.
I'm not going to engage in your fishing expedition to make this about anything other than Trump's corruption and crimes. You've proven time and time again that you have neither the capability nor motivation to understand anything outside of the right wing propaganda bubble in which you live. Read it yourself from anywhere other than Fox News and you'll see that the timeline you worked out, the reasoning for the investigation, Biden's involvement etc, are incorrect.

I'm not going to engage in your fishing expedition to make this about anything other than Trump's corruption and crimes. You've proven time and time again that you have neither the capability nor motivation to understand anything outside of the right wing propaganda bubble in which you live. Read it yourself from anywhere other than Fox News and you'll see that the timeline you worked out, the reasoning for the investigation, Biden's involvement etc, are incorrect.

Ha ha.....that's what I thought.
Take your ball and go home.
Oh yeh, and don't forget to call me a racist on your way out.

Ha ha.....that's what I thought.
Take your ball and go home.
Oh yeh, and don't forget to call me a racist on your way out.
Your assertion that Biden's son being appointed looked fishy, and that's why a prosecutor was assigned is completely wrong. Your assertion that Biden got involved in Ukraine after the investigation was launched is also completely wrong. Those are lies that right wing propaganda is spreading to try and protect Trump from his crimes.

It's been looked into and there was already determined to be no evidence. So even if they look into it and find new evidence, it's fruit of the forbidden tree because of how Trump levered the government to make the new investigation happen. Trump is not acting in the best interest of the country here - he is attempting to undermine a political opponent.

I don't watch MSNBC. I alternate between CNN and Fox so that I hear both sides of the story, and I know that I find one of them far more plausible and less naive than the other in this regard. (Hint: you are spewing Fox News talking points, which I find incredibly hollow when I hear them the first time).

You'll also note that I've stayed out of a lot of the Mueller investigation stuff and other things attempting to say the President did illegal things. Now, I'm weighing in on this one. There's a reason for that.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Of course he was using the payment as leverage to force the Ukrainian prosecutor that was virtually universally seen to be corrupt and inefficient. That was the policy of the administration and most western countries who were providing support to Ukraine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT