ADVERTISEMENT

The filibuster and the Democrats hypocrisy around the filibuster

It might have been mentioned in this 6 page post about the hypocrisy of Dems & the filibuster........

The Hypocrisy of the Dems knows no bounds as the Dems used the filibuster again yesterday to shut down a Republican measure brought in the Senate. 🤣🤣

No it's not. A lot of times I can't make it or want to avoid long lines that I've been in before. Therefore, I prefer early voting. A lot of dems prefer early voting. Again, knowing that, early voting is another voting method that the repubs are trying to curtail in some countied.
Yes it is. You CAN early vote.

Voting on Sundays was just an old school tradition in some black communities. They called it "Souls to the Polls" where black people would go vote after church. Now they want to take that away in some places. There was nothing wrong with voting on Sundays. No fraud. Nobody cheated.
Yes and things change. If voting is important to you, you will change with them. If not, you'll cry racism.

Reactions: bonefish1
Y'all either don't see the point or don't want to see the point. If there is no evidence of fraud voting on Sundays, why get rid of it. Getting rid of Sunday voting is clearly an attempt to make it harder for those to vote for political reasons. In this case to disenfranchise black voters.
Maybe to give the poll workers a break for a day. Probably Sunday because of religious reasons. There are very good reasons why other than RAAAAAACCCIISSSMMMMM!!!!

Last edited:
Why y'all wanna call me names all the time? I thought we were having an adult conversation about voting.
I'd give the above a thumbs up.
Anyhow, they are clearly targeting black voters with removing Sunday voting. They are targeting dem voters in general by removing mail in, absentee, drop boxes, drive by etc. Whether it actually suppress or not, that is the intention.
This is just ridiculous.

This has been debunked time and time again. You keep regurgitating the CNN narrative that has been disproven over and over yet you still spew it. Not one thing you said in your response is true. This isn't the 19050s like you keep trying to make it. Wake up.
It's more than CNN. There are radio hosts that are using the same narrative. Problem is, it's all a lie.

Your question clearly says that you are out of touch. As far Sunday voting, blacks aren't asking for any special privileges. Blacks are are complaining about taking away something innocent as voting on Sundays after church like they've been doing for decades. They even named it "Souls to the Polls". I'm not mad at ya, you just don't know. That is why I participate in these forums to give a black person's perspective on the topics. You are the only one on here but it is clearly obvious that most of the posters on this board do not know any blacks. Some never have. Some on here never talk to a black person on a regular basis. A bet most on here haven't talked to a black person since the days of playing ball at the Co-Rec. And certainly never listen to black talk radio.

Nobody is saying that blacks aren't capable. Blacks will adjust like they adjusted for 400 years in the US. Again I'll say it again, it is not about adjusting. It is about the intent of the repubs targeting a segment of the us to attempt to reduce the voter turnout. It is not just blacks. They are targeting basically all dem voters with these new laws because these changes have reflected the pattern on how many dems vote.
We get that there are SOME black people that will feel this way. But feelings isn't reality. They may think that it was removed to "target" them, but that's just not the reality. A majority of blacks support voter ID. Taking away a tradition of Sunday voting isn't suppression. Suppression suggests that their ability to vote is taken away. IT'S NOT. Stop playing the victim and grow a pair. Stand up to those that suggest these things, because all they are doing is playing woe is me I'm a target because of my skin color. Bullshit.

Sorry, but yes these are Gumbo/Sambos. Any black person that support these voter suppression laws can be labeled as such. The folks in the article definately perpetuate white supremacy by supporting these laws. These are the same individuals that never denounced president Chump for calling the black NFL players sons of bitches for kneeling.
So much for voter suppression laws. And this is from VOX!

It wasn't a special privilege for just blacks to vote on Sunday. Anyone can vote on Sunday. Black, white, dem, repub whoever. It's just that blacks made a tradition out of it that the repub strategists studied. It may discourage a few blacks if they can't get to the polls on Tuesday for some reason. Particularly the elderly who don't drive anymore. Whether it would or won't, the repub strategist hope that that it would lower the turnout.

As far as Delaware. If it has been no early voting there for 50 years then that is the point. It has always been there. Nothing changed all of a sudden to try to disenfranchise a group of people.
This right here is a perfect example of your mental position. If a state has had "voter suppression" laws for 50 years, oh well no big deal, it's always been that way. BUT if states take on lesser forms of the same laws, OMG STOP TRYING TO SUPPRESS THE BLACK VOTE. Can't you see the idiocy in this?

We get that there are SOME black people that will feel this way. But feelings isn't reality. They may think that it was removed to "target" them, but that's just not the reality. A majority of blacks support voter ID. Taking away a tradition of Sunday voting isn't suppression. Suppression suggests that their ability to vote is taken away. IT'S NOT. Stop playing the victim and grow a pair. Stand up to those that suggest these things, because all they are doing is playing woe is me I'm a target because of my skin color. Bullshit.
BNI knows nothing but how to play the victim. He’s a good soldier of CNN, MSNBC and urban radio which tells blacks that they are all victims, that their problems and failures are because of a racist society, not their poor decision making, and that without the government assistance, they can’t succeed.
BNI laps that message up.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
The repubs have moved on from from just targeting black voters. The latest round of voter suppression laws, yes still disenfranchise blacks, they disenfranchise mostly democratic voters in general by removing drop boxes, mail voting, absentee voting, drive by voting etc. These are voting methods that mostly dem voters have been doing for years. Now by removing all this stuff. The repubs mostly like to vote in person. The line will be long. They were long in some areas anyhow.

Pardon my French - but JFC, BNI.

Just one example I know off the top of my head having read it yesterday in the paper is that there were never any drop boxes in GA before the pandemic, so no one in that state has been doing it for years. As a new thing the number and location of boxes is no doubt being fine tuned but this is not a long term thing being taken away from anybody.

I live in Indiana and had never even heard of drop boxes until "voter suppression" became a media issue. You guys are just literally making this s--t up out of whole cloth. I also read where in the most recent election that black voter turnout in GA was 64% vs 28% (approx.) in the deep blue state of MA. Why are you not humping to improve black voter turnout there? Oh wait- I know. It's because you don't need the black vote in MA, the white voters give you the victory you need. So this isn't really about voter suppression as much as a straight up push to make trouble where you have to to achieve the result you want. That is why control of the voting process by the fed is so important to you guys- you can come down on GA where the black vote is needed and give MA a pass because they don't really amount to a swing group there. This is too important to allow the states to make their own decisions, isn't it?

Reactions: SKYDOG
Pardon my French - but JFC, BNI.

Just one example I know off the top of my head having read it yesterday in the paper is that there were never any drop boxes in GA before the pandemic, so no one in that state has been doing it for years. As a new thing the number and location of boxes is no doubt being fine tuned but this is not a long term thing being taken away from anybody.

I live in Indiana and had never even heard of drop boxes until "voter suppression" became a media issue. You guys are just literally making this s--t up out of whole cloth. I also read where in the most recent election that black voter turnout in GA was 64% vs 28% (approx.) in the deep blue state of MA. Why are you not humping to improve black voter turnout there? Oh wait- I know. It's because you don't need the black vote in MA, the white voters give you the victory you need. So this isn't really about voter suppression as much as a straight up push to make trouble where you have to to achieve the result you want. That is why control of the voting process by the fed is so important to you guys- you can come down on GA where the black vote is needed and give MA a pass because they don't really amount to a swing group there. This is too important to allow the states to make their own decisions, isn't it?
As far as MA, for one thing MA is a blue state. If I remember right there were no contentious election races. However, in GA, there were 2 dems trying to unseat 2 repub incumbents in a roll off no doubt. So, voter turnout is key. Like I said earlier when there is high voter turnout, the repubs tend to lose. Stacey Abrams ran a voter registration campaign that was out of site knowing the stakes in the GA senate races. Blacks came out in droves, Blacks came out in droves not only for the Senate roll offs that the 2 dems won but in the presidential election to get Chump out of office. Therefore, under the guise of voter fraud, repup strategists in GA as well as Texas and 40 plus other states came up with voting law changes in hopes to reduce the turnout in dem turnout in future elections. In GA, they did remove drop boxes in urban areas and increased them in rural areas. They tried to remove Sunday voting but due to mass opposition and how obvious the reason was, they kept it.

As far as MA, for one thing MA is a blue state. If I remember right there were no contentious election races. However, in GA, there were 2 dems trying to unseat 2 repub incumbents in a roll off no doubt. So, voter turnout is key. Like I said earlier when there is high voter turnout, the repubs tend to lose. Stacey Abrams ran a voter registration campaign that was out of site knowing the stakes in the GA senate races. Blacks came out in droves, Blacks came out in droves not only for the Senate roll offs that the 2 dems won but in the presidential election to get Chump out of office. Therefore, under the guise of voter fraud, repup strategists in GA as well as Texas and 40 plus other states came up with voting law changes in hopes to reduce the turnout in dem turnout in future elections. In GA, they did remove drop boxes in urban areas and increased them in rural areas. They tried to remove Sunday voting but due to mass opposition and how obvious the reason was, they kept it.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT