ADVERTISEMENT

The filibuster and the Democrats hypocrisy around the filibuster

Sorry brother, but every thing with you is about race.

All of your complaints about voter suppression are centered around blacks. You know....the whole 'souls to the polls" and the church bus don't run on Saturdays.
Which is ironic he takes that route since he isn't even black.

Reactions: bonefish1
These laws don't prevent per se. They will discourage voters who may not have the opportunity to vote in person. Dems have been voting mail in for years. Or absentee for years. Blacks enjoyed voting on Sundays after church etc. A few hundred discouraged voters here a few there can make a difference in a candidate winning a state.
I enjoyed the tax cuts and low price of gas a couple of years ago. But wasn't a right. Just like voting on Sundays is not a right. Still not sure why voting on Sundays is so damn important?

I enjoyed the tax cuts and low price of gas a couple of years ago. But wasn't a right. Just like voting on Sundays is not a right. Still not sure why voting on Sundays is so damn important?
Voting on Sundays was just an old school tradition in some black communities. They called it "Souls to the Polls" where black people would go vote after church. Now they want to take that away in some places. There was nothing wrong with voting on Sundays. No fraud. Nobody cheated.

Voting on Sundays was just an old school tradition in some black communities. They called it "Souls to the Polls" where black people would go vote after church. Now they want to take that away in some places. There was nothing wrong with voting on Sundays. No fraud. Nobody cheated.
There is nothing wrong with not voting on sundays. No one is oppressed. Nobody is being stopped. Just be un-lazy.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
There is nothing wrong with not voting on sundays. No one is oppressed. Nobody is being stopped. Just be un-lazy.
Y'all either don't see the point or don't want to see the point. If there is no evidence of fraud voting on Sundays, why get rid of it. Getting rid of Sunday voting is clearly an attempt to make it harder for those to vote for political reasons. In this case to disenfranchise black voters.

Y'all either don't see the point or don't want to see the point. If there is no evidence of fraud voting on Sundays, why get rid of it. Getting rid of Sunday voting is clearly an attempt to make it harder for those to vote for political reasons. In this case to disenfranchise black voters.
It's you that doesn't see the point. This does nothing to make it harder to vote. Nothing. It makes it only slightly more inconvenient. Thats it. Get your head out of CNN's ass dipshit.

It's you that doesn't see the point. This does nothing to make it harder to vote. Nothing. It makes it only slightly more inconvenient. Thats it. Get your head out of CNN's ass dipshit.
Why y'all wanna call me names all the time? I thought we were having an adult conversation about voting.

Anyhow, they are clearly targeting black voters with removing Sunday voting. They are targeting dem voters in general by removing mail in, absentee, drop boxes, drive by etc. Whether it actually suppress or not, that is the intention.

• Haha
Anyhow, they are clearly targeting black voters with removing Sunday voting.
This has been debunked time and time again. You keep regurgitating the CNN narrative that has been disproven over and over yet you still spew it. Not one thing you said in your response is true. This isn't the 19050s like you keep trying to make it. Wake up.

If they get rid of Sunday voting, I think they should also outlaw voting on Saturdays for blacks (if they're going to vote Democrat). Then, at least you'd have something to complain about.

But, as of right now, you're biggest beef is "the church bus don't run on Saturdays", therefore some blacks can't figure out how to vote.

I think you should start rallying democrat voting blacks for the '24 election and in the name of all these 'voter suppression' laws, I think you all should protest by not voting.
Seriously, I thin that will get your grievance noticed and your voices will be heard.

Why y'all wanna call me names all the time? I thought we were having an adult conversation about voting.

Anyhow, they are clearly targeting black voters with removing Sunday voting. They are targeting dem voters in general by removing mail in, absentee, drop boxes, drive by etc. Whether it actually suppress or not, that is the intention.

I think the intention is to shake out the lazy voters. Both those lazy in body and mind.

This has been debunked time and time again. You keep regurgitating the CNN narrative that has been disproven over and over yet you still spew it. Not one thing you said in your response is true. This isn't the 19050s like you keep trying to make it. Wake up.
So what do you think is the reason why they removed Sunday voting in some places?

So what do you think is the reason why they removed Sunday voting in some places?
Trying to have a conversation you is like talking to my 13 year old. Did you get a lot of whuppins by your daddy when you were a kid?

You: "Dad, why not"
Dad: "because I said so"
You: "But Dad, why not"
Dad: "Because I said so. Quit asking me"
You: "But Da...." WHACK"
Dad: "Because I said so. Want to ask me again?"

Reactions: Level 42
There is no evidence that getting rid of it hinders or oppresses anyone. Just CNN talking points.
First of all, I don't care about CNN. I'm telling y'all what blacks themselves are saying about this topic.

There may or may not be any evidence that it hinders but my main issue is that the intent is there by the repubs to do so. And it is obvious. I do think it will discourage several people from voting. A few here, a few there can swing a district, county, state etc.

• Haha
First of all, I don't care about CNN. I'm telling y'all what blacks themselves are saying about this topic.

There may or may not be any evidence that it hinders but my main issue is that the intent is there by the repubs to do so. And it is obvious. I do think it will discourage several people from voting. A few here, a few there can swing a district, county, state etc.
BNI, do you think it is demeaning to specific groups to constantly say that they as a group need special privileges, as if they are not as capable as other groups of citizens? Isn't that soft bigotry?

Hopefully you can read this without calling them Gumbo’s

BNI, do you think it is demeaning to specific groups to constantly say that they as a group need special privileges, as if they are not as capable as other groups of citizens? Isn't that soft bigotry?
Your question clearly says that you are out of touch. As far Sunday voting, blacks aren't asking for any special privileges. Blacks are are complaining about taking away something innocent as voting on Sundays after church like they've been doing for decades. They even named it "Souls to the Polls". I'm not mad at ya, you just don't know. That is why I participate in these forums to give a black person's perspective on the topics. You are the only one on here but it is clearly obvious that most of the posters on this board do not know any blacks. Some never have. Some on here never talk to a black person on a regular basis. A bet most on here haven't talked to a black person since the days of playing ball at the Co-Rec. And certainly never listen to black talk radio.

Nobody is saying that blacks aren't capable. Blacks will adjust like they adjusted for 400 years in the US. Again I'll say it again, it is not about adjusting. It is about the intent of the repubs targeting a segment of the us to attempt to reduce the voter turnout. It is not just blacks. They are targeting basically all dem voters with these new laws because these changes have reflected the pattern on how many dems vote.

• Haha

I hope it discourages some people for voting. Voting is a privilege. It should require some effort.

Your question clearly says that you are out of touch. As far Sunday voting, blacks aren't asking for any special privileges. Blacks are are complaining about taking away something innocent as voting on Sundays after church like they've been doing for decades. They even named it "Souls to the Polls". I'm not mad at ya, you just don't know. That is why I participate in these forums to give a black person's perspective on the topics. You are the only one on here but it is clearly obvious that most of the posters on this board do not know any blacks. Some never have. Some on here never talk to a black person on a regular basis. A bet most on here haven't talked to a black person since the days of playing ball at the Co-Rec. And certainly never listen to black talk radio.

Nobody is saying that blacks aren't capable. Blacks will adjust like they adjusted for 400 years in the US. Again I'll say it again, it is not about adjusting. It is about the intent of the repubs targeting a segment of the us to attempt to reduce the voter turnout. It is not just blacks. They are targeting basically all dem voters with these new laws because these changes have reflected the pattern on how many dems vote.
Well, you better figure out how to make that church bus run on Saturdays then.

And again, I think you and your black democrat friends, as a sign of protest against voting laws, should abstain from voting.

Sorry, but yes these are Gumbo/Sambos. Any black person that support these voter suppression laws can be labeled as such. The folks in the article definately perpetuate white supremacy by supporting these laws. These are the same individuals that never denounced president Chump for calling the black NFL players sons of bitches for kneeling.

• Haha
Well, you better figure out how to make that church bus run on Saturdays then.

And again, I think you and your black democrat friends, as a sign of protest against voting laws, should abstain from voting.
That is ridiculous. Many black people in US history have died in the name of fighting for the right for black people to vote. Dr. MLK, a Republican would have been appalled at the new voter suppression laws if he was still alive. The same goes for Medger Evers.

Sorry, but yes these are Gumbo/Sambos. Any black person that support these voter suppression laws can be labeled as such. The folks in the article definately perpetuate white supremacy by supporting these laws. These are the same individuals that never denounced president Chump for calling the black NFL players sons of bitches for kneeling.
White players kneeled too along with some coaches. Just weak conforming to peer pressure

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1

But that is the special privilege in this case - voting on Sunday (which is supposed to be a day of rest for churchgoers, no less).

I certainly agree that blacks are fully capable, so why are you assuming that removing Sunday voting will reduce black voter turnout? Has that been the case in Joe's state of Delaware, which has no early voting? (why hasn't Joe done something about that for the last 50 years? )

But that is the special privilege in this case - voting on Sunday (which is supposed to be a day of rest for churchgoers, no less).

I certainly agree that blacks are fully capable, so why are you assuming that removing Sunday voting will reduce black voter turnout? Has that been the case in Joe's state of Delaware, which has no early voting? (why hasn't Joe done something about that for the last 50 years? )
It wasn't a special privilege for just blacks to vote on Sunday. Anyone can vote on Sunday. Black, white, dem, repub whoever. It's just that blacks made a tradition out of it that the repub strategists studied. It may discourage a few blacks if they can't get to the polls on Tuesday for some reason. Particularly the elderly who don't drive anymore. Whether it would or won't, the repub strategist hope that that it would lower the turnout.

As far as Delaware. If it has been no early voting there for 50 years then that is the point. It has always been there. Nothing changed all of a sudden to try to disenfranchise a group of people.

It wasn't a special privilege for just blacks to vote on Sunday. Anyone can vote on Sunday. Black, white, dem, repub whoever. It's just that blacks made a tradition out of it that the repub strategists studied. It may discourage a few blacks if they can't get to the polls on Tuesday for some reason. Particularly the elderly who don't drive anymore. Whether it would or won't, the repub strategist hope that that it would lower the turnout.

As far as Delaware. If it has been no early voting there for 50 years then that is the point. It has always been there. Nothing changed all of a sudden to try to disenfranchise a group of people.
And thus eliminating early voting to match the laws of Joe's home state would not disenfranchise a group of people, as evidenced by Joe's failure to get the Delaware laws changed.

All racial groups have elderly who don't drive anymore, btw.

And thus eliminating early voting to match the laws of Joe's home state would not disenfranchise a group of people, as evidenced by Joe's failure to get the Delaware laws changed.

All racial groups have elderly who don't drive anymore, btw.
As far as I know, Joe is not trying to get the Delaware law changed so how could it be a failure. If no early voting has been in Delaware for years then no harm, no foul. The problem is when you suddenly change the law for political gain. If there was no such thing as Sunday voting then no one would be talking about it. It is when you take something away is what becomes an issue.

Yes, all racial groups have elderly that don't drive anymore. However, blacks were the ones that took it to heart of Sunday voting and made it a tradition. They would get on bonefish1's church bus after church and go to the polls. Not just the elderly but whoever wanted to go.

• Haha
As far as I know, Joe is not trying to get the Delaware law changed so how could it be a failure. If no early voting has been in Delaware for years then no harm, no foul. The problem is when you suddenly change the law for political gain. If there was no such thing as Sunday voting then no one would be talking about it. It is when you take something away is what becomes an issue.

Yes, all racial groups have elderly that don't drive anymore. However, blacks were the ones that took it to heart of Sunday voting and made it a tradition. They would get on bonefish1's church bus after church and go to the polls. Not just the elderly but whoever wanted to go.
I will again correct you .

The Georgia Voter Integrity Bill (SB 202) does NOT eliminate Sunday voting. This is the direct language from the State Statute:

Voting shall be conducted beginning at 9:00 A.M. and ending at 5:00 P.M. on weekdays, other than observed state holidays, during such period and shall be conducted on the second and third Saturdays during the hours of 9:00 A.M. through 5:00 P.M. and, if the registrar or absentee ballot clerk so chooses, the second Sunday, the third Sunday, or both the second and third Sundays prior to a primary or election during hours of determined by the registrar or absentee ballot clerk, but no longer than 7:00 A.M. through 7:00 P.M.

In fact, the new law actually expands voting opportunities by adding an extra Saturday, make both Sundays optional for counties and standardize hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or as long as 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The results are that for many counties, you will have an extra weekend day, and your weekday early voting hours will likely be longer.

You upset about long lines? the law now requires that precincts with more than 2,000 voters that have lines longer than an hour at three different points throughout the day would have to add more machines, add more staff or split up the poll. This is the State telling the local (who oversee the administration of voting) to get your shit straight. Here is an explanation from Georgia Public Radio:

https://www.gpb.org/news/2020/02/28/new-bill-would-tackle-long-lines-at-polling-places

I’ll ask you again, are you not bothered that somebody/some news source has told you so many things that are blatantly false? And as concerned as you seem to be about voting rights why have you not actually read Georgia SB 202?

Honestly the only way that the opponents of this bill can succeed in getting votes and raising money is that people remain low information and don't actually read the Bill. there is a reason that when explained it is very popular - that's because it expands voting opportunities and increases the chances somebody cant cheat.

Fyi....Sunday voting is allowed in Georgia. Your media might have told you otherwise, they have a history of that ......but voting on 2 Sundays is allowed.

Yeah, I know it is in Georgia. However, they tried to get rid it initially in GA but there was too much opposition that they kept it. Sunday voting has already been or getting ready to be cut out in other repub controlled counties in other states. Again for no reason other than to attempt to lower turnout No fraud or cheating recorded in Sunday voting. For Sunday voting you actually go to a polling place. No mail ins or drive bys.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yeah, I know it is in Georgia. However, they tried to get rid it initially in GA but there was too much opposition that they kept it. Sunday voting has already been or getting ready to be cut out in other repub controlled counties in other states. Again for no reason other than to attempt to lower turnout No fraud or cheating recorded in Sunday voting. For Sunday voting you actually go to a polling place. No mail ins or drive bys.
Where does the Georgia Law or any other law in the country prohibit the use of mailing in an absentee ballot?

So put em on a damn bus in a Tuesday….ONCE EVERY 4 DAMN YEARS! !!

Hopefully these laws have the intended effect.

And provide ID’s to those who need it well in advance of Election Day after confirmation they’re legal residents
BNI does his fellow blacks no favors in terms of suggesting they can comply with voting laws and regulations. He makes them sound very helpless, which when you think about it, is exactly how democrat leadership wants them to feel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT