ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Boilers!

Jan 27, 2008
You guys had an amazing season. You rediscovered Purdue basketball this season, you worked harder than anybody can even imagine, and you did your best. You can take great satisfaction in restoring Purdue to the NCAA tournament, and in finishing the Big Ten as the fourth best team in the largest Big Ten ever!

Keep working, practicing, and having fun. I see great things coming next year! You are going to be in many preseason polls, but don't let that affect anything from an attitude standpoint - other than to practice like you are the NEXT MAN UP! Boiler Up!

Thank you for your post, Scheffler. I think you nailed it. I think we have a great team coming back, especially if we can get Hammonds to play some power forward. This will help his NBA game, as will going against Haas during practice. Edwards and Swanigan can rotate between PF and SF and we have great shooting guards coming back and we seem set at PG too.

Thanks guys for playing with such great heart and we are behind you.

Originally posted by toddbrewster:
Thank you for your post, Scheffler. I think you nailed it. I think we have a great team coming back, especially if we can get Hammonds to play some power forward. This will help his NBA game, as will going against Haas during practice. Edwards and Swanigan can rotate between PF and SF and we have great shooting guards coming back and we seem set at PG too.

I was thinking the same after the game last night. If AJ stays and starts working on ball handling and shooting now, he would be an awesome weapon. In any case, he would be on the short list for B1G POY.

Yes and it will be to his benefit to be a better 1 on 1 defender. Hammons is great at team defense and that is terrific for Purdue, but when you get to the NBA you have to guard a man and shut him down like Davis does. He will improve his footwork and IMO if he works hard he can start in the NBA instead of trying to be 10th man or play overseas.

This post was edited on 3/22 5:53 PM by toddbrewster

HAMMONS!

HAMMONS!
HAMMONS!
HAMMONS!
HAMMONS!
HAMMONS!
HAMMONS!

Here's an easy way to memorize this, there's no 'D' in Hammons, but there's a lot of 'D' in Hammons!

Originally posted by toddbrewster:

Haha, you're pretty confident about Swanigan being a Boiler for someone that's also being recruited by the likes of Kentucky, Duke, and Michigan State, to name a few.

Originally posted by Scheffler fan:

You guys had an amazing season. You rediscovered Purdue basketball this season, you worked harder than anybody can even imagine, and you did your best. You can take great satisfaction in restoring Purdue to the NCAA tournament, and in finishing the Big Ten as the fourth best team in the largest Big Ten ever!

Keep working, practicing, and having fun. I see great things coming next year! You are going to be in many preseason polls, but don't let that affect anything from an attitude standpoint - other than to practice like you are the NEXT MAN UP! Boiler Up!
Nice post. But be careful, they'll be coming for you. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT