ADVERTISEMENT

Since Joe says it’s so, who could channel the women into a winner?

First off, everybody is acting as if every single girl who plays sports is going to have to play against males who identify as female. Does your daughter have a male on her team that identifies as a female? Probably not. Will this a wide spread problem? Probably not.
Once again, it reminds me of the fear mongering that was spread about bathrooms.
You let us know when your daughter is forced to compete with a male who identifies as female, won’t you?
This is hyperbole.

You are not hearing about it because, in most organizations, there are currently rules against it. And these rules are being tested, which is the topic of this thread. You asked for a real example? Have you heard of Fallon Fox?

And you probably will not hear much about it in the future because, hopefully, sanity will prevail.

You criticise those who are against it, but you haven't said where you stand. Are you for it or against biological males competing in athletic events as females? It is indeed a real issue, in spite of your hyperbolic protests.

You think my teenage daughter should have to play contact sports against biological males? VERY simple yes or no question.
No, she should not. Nor should she compete in non-contact sports like golf, track or tennis for a few that quickly came to mind. However, I'm not sure that biggest issues have to do competition in sports or a worse problem of sharing a restroom or shower even without groping or rape.

It is the attempt to normalize that which is abnormal and not supported by science in the dichotomy of XX and XY, and years ago would have been filed in mental health books as a mental illness. It is but one dot of many things that should raise a question in a field of absurdities prevalent today. There has always been a spectrum from the masculine to the feminine for every XX and XY where some are closer to the one end than the other, but at a whole new level today. I don't have a young daughter and so I won't have to deal wiith this, but had it been in vogue a few years ago and I saw a male go into her restroom as a little girl, I probably wouldn't have access to a computer. Reminds me of Aaron's song.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
This thread is pure cancer and needs to be nuked. A lot of people showing their true colors in here. It also has nothing to do with Purdue basketball and has no business being on this board. I have no idea why the mod has left it up this long.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
This thread is pure cancer and needs to be nuked. A lot of people showing their true colors in here. It also has nothing to do with Purdue basketball and has no business being on this board. I have no idea why the mod has left it up this long.

I agree with you but it did start out as a “sports” thread. As with all or almost threads , it is now in a different place. I thought my factual information would stop it but I should have known better. sorry 😣

I agree with you but it did start out as a “sports” thread. As with all or almost threads , it is now in a different place. I thought my factual information would stop it but I should have known better. sorry 😣
Just because a sport is mentioned does not mean it is a sports thread. This thread was never about sports.

Thus, a QB Man has no absolutely business in a basketball forum, let alone crying about pulling threads.

This is hyperbole.

You are not hearing about it because, in most organizations, there are currently rules against it. And these rules are being tested, which is the topic of this thread. You asked for a real example? Have you heard of Fallon Fox?

And you probably will not hear much about it in the future because, hopefully, sanity will prevail.

You criticise those who are against it, but you haven't said where you stand. Are you for it or against biological males competing in athletic events as females? It is indeed a real issue, in spite of your hyperbolic protests.
Where have I criticized those who are against it? That’s hyperbole.
Fallon Fox is a single incident and was a persons who actually was transgender and had surgery to become a woman. She wasn’t abusing the rule like is implied in most of the pairs above. Straight guys aren’t going to take on a persona of transgender in order to compete against women.
My point is that this is being made to appear as a huge deal by certain groups when it is more likely to be a small deal and affect very few people.
But yeah, any woman who doesn’t want to fight Fallon Fox is certainly allowed to refuse and file any needed protest to the league that allows her to compete.
It seems to be to be a pretty small potatoes thing to be so upset about and when I did some research as to why it’s so bad and of course I found certain groups are much louder about it than others.

Where have I criticized those who are against it? That’s hyperbole.
Fallon Fox is a single incident and was a persons who actually was transgender and had surgery to become a woman. She wasn’t abusing the rule like is implied in most of the pairs above. Straight guys aren’t going to take on a persona of transgender in order to compete against women.
My point is that this is being made to appear as a huge deal by certain groups when it is more likely to be a small deal and affect very few people.
But yeah, any woman who doesn’t want to fight Fallon Fox is certainly allowed to refuse and file any needed protest to the league that allows her to compete.
It seems to be to be a pretty small potatoes thing to be so upset about and when I did some research as to why it’s so bad and of course I found certain groups are much louder about it than others.
And certain groups are much louder in favor of it. In fact, a certain group was demanding an executive order from the President of the United States, and got it.

But based on your response, you imply that having a sex-change operation changes your biological sex. Do you believe this? Is this why you think it's OK?

And certain groups are much louder in favor of it. In fact, a certain group was demanding an executive order from the President of the United States, and got it.

But based on your response, you imply that having a sex-change operation changes your biological sex. Do you believe this? Is this why you think it's OK?
Why are people trying to put words into my mouth? I didn’t say that at all.
Once again, my point is quite simple and that is that this seems to be a silly thing to be upset about. Here’s why...
First off, it affects such a small group of people. I don’t know how many transgender athletes there are but I am pretty sure statistically speaking it’s a very small group compared to all athletes.
Secondly, I don’t see a path for males who aren’t transgender to be able to abuse it or simply say they are transgender in order to play against the women. Actual transgender people usually do get sex change operations and I don’t see many straight guys lining up to lose their pecker. I also don’t think many straight males are willing to live the lifestyle of a female in order to play against the women.
Third on the list is the fact that women often do compete against men in sports such as basketball for example. I know the Purdue women’s team has chosen to practice against straight men for more than 20 years now. If some of you have daughters who you fear will be forced to play against men and they choose to play college basketball, are you okay with them practicing against men?
Finally, there are groups of professional women both present and retired who are addressing this issue and trying to find a compromise that allows discrimination to be eliminated while also not putting women at a disadvantage while competing against transgender athletes. They are looking at different tiers of competition, separating transgender athletes into their own group or possibly creating a league just for transgender athletes. I trust that they will eventually find a compromise that works for all.
To summarize, I don’t see it as a problem due to the small size of athletes that will be affected and as of today there is no set in stone rule that orders girls to play against men. It’s a situation that is fluid and will eventually get worked out. The posts I take issue with are those who act like every single girl is going to be forced to play against transgender men as that is nowhere close to the truth. I also take issue to those who say men will act as if they are transgender in order to play against women. That is also false and I find it difficult to take those predictions seriously because of what it would entail for a male to be convincing enough to be allowed to play against the women. Nobody is going to go to the lengths it would take to pull that off.
I do believe that there are people who feel they were born one gender but are actually the opposite. I don’t act like I am in any way able to know how that feels or that I know the answers to their dilemma. I do know that creating an avenue that eliminates discrimination is a good thing and I often wonder why anyone would want to push back against equality for all?
I highly doubt there is a single person posting on this board that has a daughter who is being forced to compete against males in sports however. I am also not surprised that when I say this seems to be a silly thing to be upset about, I get numerous roosters trying to put words into my mouth while parroting talking points. I guess that’s where we are as a nation. So divided and instead of thinking for ourselves we hear what we want to hear and then we parrot it to others while attacking anyone who may feel differently. I am surprised when I see Purdue grads parroting talking points. I always felt we as a group were more informed and/or educated and that we were less likely to be influenced by group think or political talking points. But, as can be seen here in this thread, I was attacked by those who assume I think there daughters should have to compete against men when all I said was that it seems like a silly thing to be upset about, which it is since it hasn’t actually happened. Once again, it reminds me of the bathroom laws amd how it was predicted that we would have men in every girls bathroom waiting to take advantage of the law in an effort to assault young girls. That didn’t happen of course but the talking points were exactly the same as well as being pushed by the same group who of course has an agenda and that is to divide.

Why are people trying to put words into my mouth? I didn’t say that at all.
Once again, my point is quite simple and that is that this seems to be a silly thing to be upset about. Here’s why...
First off, it affects such a small group of people. I don’t know how many transgender athletes there are but I am pretty sure statistically speaking it’s a very small group compared to all athletes.
Secondly, I don’t see a path for males who aren’t transgender to be able to abuse it or simply say they are transgender in order to play against the women. Actual transgender people usually do get sex change operations and I don’t see many straight guys lining up to lose their pecker. I also don’t think many straight males are willing to live the lifestyle of a female in order to play against the women.
Third on the list is the fact that women often do compete against men in sports such as basketball for example. I know the Purdue women’s team has chosen to practice against straight men for more than 20 years now. If some of you have daughters who you fear will be forced to play against men and they choose to play college basketball, are you okay with them practicing against men?
Finally, there are groups of professional women both present and retired who are addressing this issue and trying to find a compromise that allows discrimination to be eliminated while also not putting women at a disadvantage while competing against transgender athletes. They are looking at different tiers of competition, separating transgender athletes into their own group or possibly creating a league just for transgender athletes. I trust that they will eventually find a compromise that works for all.
To summarize, I don’t see it as a problem due to the small size of athletes that will be affected and as of today there is no set in stone rule that orders girls to play against men. It’s a situation that is fluid and will eventually get worked out. The posts I take issue with are those who act like every single girl is going to be forced to play against transgender men as that is nowhere close to the truth. I also take issue to those who say men will act as if they are transgender in order to play against women. That is also false and I find it difficult to take those predictions seriously because of what it would entail for a male to be convincing enough to be allowed to play against the women. Nobody is going to go to the lengths it would take to pull that off.
I do believe that there are people who feel they were born one gender but are actually the opposite. I don’t act like I am in any way able to know how that feels or that I know the answers to their dilemma. I do know that creating an avenue that eliminates discrimination is a good thing and I often wonder why anyone would want to push back against equality for all?
I highly doubt there is a single person posting on this board that has a daughter who is being forced to compete against males in sports however. I am also not surprised that when I say this seems to be a silly thing to be upset about, I get numerous roosters trying to put words into my mouth while parroting talking points. I guess that’s where we are as a nation. So divided and instead of thinking for ourselves we hear what we want to hear and then we parrot it to others while attacking anyone who may feel differently. I am surprised when I see Purdue grads parroting talking points. I always felt we as a group were more informed and/or educated and that we were less likely to be influenced by group think or political talking points. But, as can be seen here in this thread, I was attacked by those who assume I think there daughters should have to compete against men when all I said was that it seems like a silly thing to be upset about, which it is since it hasn’t actually happened. Once again, it reminds me of the bathroom laws amd how it was predicted that we would have men in every girls bathroom waiting to take advantage of the law in an effort to assault young girls. That didn’t happen of course but the talking points were exactly the same as well as being pushed by the same group who of course has an agenda and that is to divide.
Do you think ANYONE’S daughter should have to play contact sports against a biological male?

Reactions: bonefish1
It's a big enough deal that the POTUS had to issue an executive order to address it.

Please provide a link to the statistics to support your comment that I bolded above.

Any man who declares himself to be a woman can be considered transgender. Any woman who declares herself to be a man is transgender. Surgery or hormone treatments are not required. A simple statement that you are a different gender is all that's required. No one will look in your pants. I think you know this.

The rest of your post is just you continuing to be slippery and avoiding answering direct questions by trying to put words in other people's mouths.

Speaking of contact sports, I would like to see our boys, as are, take on our varsity girls in volleyball. The boys would have to shave first, though, because they’d be getting full facials.

Do you think ANYONE’S daughter should have to play contact sports against a biological male?
I think transgender people deserve to not face discrimination. I’m pretty sure it is law. Does that mean I think anyone’s daughter, I have four by the way. should have to play contact sports against a biological male? I don’t think anyone is forced to play sports for starters. I also don’t think girls have as much of an issue competing against “biological males” as you think. You said contact sports and biological males when the topic is not biological males or just contact sports. A couple of issues with those statements such as I am not aware of any girls contact sports. I have already pointed out how woman’s basketball practices against men. Also when you say biological male, that term is too simplistic. There are instances of women giving birth but finding out during pregnancy that her body chromosomally male. There are numerous cases where according to a persons chromosomes they are male but have ovaries or female and have gonads. I understand your confusion as I am sure it would be much simpler if we just had men with gonads and women with ovaries but that isn’t always the case. Either way, a true transgender person identifies as the opposite sex than they they were born as by definition but, how the validity of that is measured is up to debate. It’s not as black and white as some wish it to be.
The bottom line is transgender people have the right to not be discriminated against and that is also true when sports is the subject. How that will be made possible is yet to be determined but once again, I was and am responding to those who have said males will abuse the rule. I don’t believe that will happen and if it does, it will be a small number of cases that will be dealt with accordingly. If your daughter is playing a contact sport, I am not sure what sport that is but it will be no different than non-contact sports. It will be covered under the law and will need to be dealt with in order to remain as such. How that happens I don’t know but if your daughter doesn’t want to be involved, she has the right to not be and you have the right or take her to a place that aligns more to your beliefs.

Reactions: PUBV
It's a big enough deal that the POTUS had to issue an executive order to address it.

Please provide a link to the statistics to support your comment that I bolded above.

Any man who declares himself to be a woman can be considered transgender. Any woman who declares herself to be a man is transgender. Surgery or hormone treatments are not required. A simple statement that you are a different gender is all that's required. No one will look in your pants. I think you know this.

The rest of your post is just you continuing to be slippery and avoiding answering direct questions by trying to put words in other people's mouths.
The 2011 National Transgender Discrimination Survey found 61 percent of trans and gender nonconforming respondents reported having medically transitioned.
My point is, even those who don’t medically transition, they still live a lifestyle that matches their beliefs and most men won’t be dedicated enough to fake that just to play in women’s sports. As a matter of fact, I can’t think of any male sports figures who wish they could play against the girls instead of the men. It’s tough for testosterone to be anything but masculine and most male athletes strive to be the best in their own sport, not to drop down a level so they can overwhelm a bunch of girls.

I think transgender people deserve to not face discrimination. I’m pretty sure it is law. Does that mean I think anyone’s daughter, I have four by the way. should have to play contact sports against a biological male? I don’t think anyone is forced to play sports for starters. I also don’t think girls have as much of an issue competing against “biological males” as you think. You said contact sports and biological males when the topic is not biological males or just contact sports. A couple of issues with those statements such as I am not aware of any girls contact sports. I have already pointed out how woman’s basketball practices against men. Also when you say biological male, that term is too simplistic. There are instances of women giving birth but finding out during pregnancy that her body chromosomally male. There are numerous cases where according to a persons chromosomes they are male but have ovaries or female and have gonads. I understand your confusion as I am sure it would be much simpler if we just had men with gonads and women with ovaries but that isn’t always the case. Either way, a true transgender person identifies as the opposite sex than they they were born as by definition but, how the validity of that is measured is up to debate. It’s not as black and white as some wish it to be.
The bottom line is transgender people have the right to not be discriminated against and that is also true when sports is the subject. How that will be made possible is yet to be determined but once again, I was and am responding to those who have said males will abuse the rule. I don’t believe that will happen and if it does, it will be a small number of cases that will be dealt with accordingly. If your daughter is playing a contact sport, I am not sure what sport that is but it will be no different than non-contact sports. It will be covered under the law and will need to be dealt with in order to remain as such. How that happens I don’t know but if your daughter doesn’t want to be involved, she has the right to not be and you have the right or take her to a place that aligns more to your beliefs.
You never played basketball or soccer if you think those are non-contact sports.

So, to sum up, you think my daughter’s choices should be:

1) play with/against biological males and increase her risk for injury

2) don’t play these sports

Apparently, the sport that is most affected by transgender women is track [middle-distance races.] Caster Semenya is a two time Olympic winner who lost original case and then the appeal [2020] to continue to compete against women in the Olympics and other world events. Semenya claims to have a rare genetic condition that causes high levels of testosterone. From the article: "World Athletics has acknowledged that its regulations were discriminatory but said they were necessary to preserve a level playing field in women’s events. Intersex athletes with testosterone in the male range, the governing body argued, have an unfair advantage in lean muscle mass, strength and oxygen-carrying capacity. The lowest level in the male testosterone range is four times greater than the highest level in the women’s range, according to the governing body." The complete article is here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/sports/olympics/caster-semenya-court-ruling.html

In March, 2020 the Governor of Idaho signed into law "The Fairness in Women's Sports" act "This legislation, the first of its kind in the United States, prohibits transgender athletes from competing in sports against athletes of the other biological sex."

I have no opinion on this issue so I have tried to present the facts of what is happening.

You never played basketball or soccer if you think those are non-contact sports.

So, to sum up, you think my daughter’s choices should be:

1) play with/against biological males and increase her risk for injury

2) don’t play these sports
So you wouldn’t have a problem with your girls competing against trans women if the trans women didn’t increase your daughters risk for injury? I’m assuming your fear would be the trans athlete would be bigger, faster, stronger than your daughter and this would increase the injury risk to your daughter.
Are you against your daughters competing with other females who are bigger, faster, stronger than them if it may increase their chance of being injured?
Do we need to separate female athletes into groups based on their degree of physicality to reduce their risk of injury?

So you wouldn’t have a problem with your girls competing against trans women if the trans women didn’t increase your daughters risk for injury?
Should she have to play contact sports against biological males in high school?

Yes. Or No.

Should she have to play contact sports against biological males in high school?

Yes. Or No.
Yes, I feel much the same way as proudopete does, and my opinion is also molded by discussions I’ve had on the subject with my own daughter.
You say competing against trans women increases your daughters risk of injury. Yes or no, if the trans athlete is less physical than your daughter are you okay with her competing against them?
Yes or no, are you for separating female athletes based on their physical build to decrease injury risk?

Yes, I feel much the same way as proudopete does, and my opinion is also molded by discussions I’ve had on the subject with my own daughter.
You say competing against trans women increases your daughters risk of injury. Yes or no, if the trans athlete is less physical than your daughter are you okay with her competing against them?
Yes or no, are you for separating female athletes based on their physical build to decrease injury risk?
WOW.

Why even have girls sports? Just tell them to toughen up and go out for the boys team ! That will save all the schools some dough.

WOW.

Why even have girls sports? Just tell them to toughen up and go out for the boys team ! That will save all the schools some dough.
Well, I didn’t think you’d answer either question, but I give you credit in that you may not be the average transphobe. You just don’t want your girls competing against any superior athletes due to injury risk

Well, I didn’t think you’d answer either question, but I give you credit in that you may not be the average transphobe. You just don’t want your girls competing against any superior athletes due to injury risk
Your assumptions are wrong. There are separate teams for males and females for a very obvious reason. Well, obvious to most of us.

Your assumptions are wrong. There are separate teams for males and females for a very obvious reason. Well, obvious to most of us.
Your words fella, your fear of allowing biological males, I assume you mean trans athletes, to compete with your daughter is an increase in injury risk. So I ask you a simple yes or no question, if the trans athlete posed no physical threat of injury to your daughter, are you okay if they compete with them? Then I asked you an equally simple question, since you appear to fear the injury risk posed by a more physical opponent, would you like your daughter to compete against athletes that are only her physical equals? Maybe my assumptions are wrong, maybe you think the trans athlete is just more violent, more apt to sneak a shiv on the pitch. Answer or continue to duck, time for me to say goodbye to these silly threads

Your words fella, your fear of allowing biological males, I assume you mean trans athletes, to compete with your daughter is an increase in injury risk. So I ask you a simple yes or no question, if the trans athlete posed no physical threat of injury to your daughter, are you okay if they compete with them? Then I asked you an equally simple question, since you appear to fear the injury risk posed by a more physical opponent, would you like your daughter to compete against athletes that are only her physical equals? Maybe my assumptions are wrong, maybe you think the trans athlete is just more violent, more apt to sneak a shiv on the pitch. Answer or continue to duck, time for me to say goodbye to these silly threads
Injury risk is part of it, of course. Do you think playing against the average female poses the same injury risk as playing against the average male, who is inherently bigger, stronger and more explosive? Not to mention the fact that women are already much more likely to tear ACLs than men due to anatomical differences in the knee. There’s a reason boys and girls get separated in sports by the time they hit puberty: the biggest, strongest girls are still no where near as physical as the average male.

That’s just one of many reasons why it’s a terrible idea to let biological males play with girls.

Another is it will take away opportunities from girls. Can you imagine a girl working her whole life to make the Olympics and losing her spot at the Trials to a man?

Or losing a women’s athletic scholarship to a biological male and not being able to get an education as a result?

Where does it end ?

Reactions: Crayfish57
So should my teenage daughter have to play contact sports against males?
should females be restricted from trying to join better teams/competition

the highest contact sport in school (wrestling) has male vs female competition

Last edited:
Liberals just can't get it through their thick skulls that everybody isn't equal and some things are just facts. I'm not talking about race or job discrimination. Men and women are not the same when it comes to physical activities like sports as a general rule. Does somehow a man with a penis identifying as female make him any physically less male? If HE chooses to take hormones that is HIS choice but shouldnt be competing. Where are you going to draw a line on identifying vs reality? So if someone decides to identify as being retarded and wants to compete in Special Olympics is that OK too? What about wrestling? Not gender, but what if a really fat kid decides he identifies and sees himself as a featherweight, should we let him wrestle as one even if he weighs 250 lbs but identifies as 132?

It isn't a question of '' trans athlete'' being more violent than any other MAN with a penis it is a MAN with a penis has physical capabilities that make him more '' violent'' not sure that is right word anyway in competition.

Liberals just can't get it through their thick skulls that everybody isn't equal and some things are just facts. I'm not talking about race or job discrimination. Men and women are not the same when it comes to physical activities like sports as a general rule. Does somehow a man with a penis identifying as female make him any physically less male? If HE chooses to take hormones that is HIS choice but shouldnt be competing. Where are you going to draw a line on identifying vs reality? So if someone decides to identify as being retarded and wants to compete in Special Olympics is that OK too? What about wrestling? Not gender, but what if a really fat kid decides he identifies and sees himself as a featherweight, should we let him wrestle as one even if he weighs 250 lbs but identifies as 132?

It isn't a question of '' trans athlete'' being more violent than any other MAN with a penis it is a MAN with a penis has physical capabilities that make him more '' violent'' not sure that is right word anyway in competition.
That is a simply breathtaking explanation...

How can one possibly cope with such a devastatingly crushing comment???
I thought the same thing about your dumbassery . It really cut me to the quick when someone that doesn't even know the difference between men and women makes a snarky comment

pretty sure it's about real human beings with incredibly difficult personal situations getting to live normal lives and not about competitive advantage.
But thanks for calling....

define 'normal'

So, you think straight guys will claim to identify as female in order to compete in women’s sports? Is this something you claim that you would do? Would you assume some push back if clearly straight guys start claiming to be female? Is competing against females really a big enough draw for a straight guy to take on the identity of a female?
Once again, a problem that doesn’t exist yet I’m sure Tucker and Sean are losing their minds over.
Maybe less 24 hour news would be a cure to the problem.

"Clearly straight guys"........Ohh....that's a slippery slope you're starting down.....

What's being "clearly straight" have to do with gender identity?

Wouldn't you say that Bruce Jenner was "clearly straight" most of his life?

I never said that nor hinted that I do. Now answer this.
Does your daughter compete against biology males?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT