ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Hunter

Jul 18, 2013
I like Ron Hunter; a player I coached in high school played for Hunter at IUPUI. But I kind of got the feeling that he loved the attention a little more than he should have.

Why did he have that special roller chair on the sidelines to coach. I understand he hurt his foot or leg, but why couldn't he have just sat on the bench or on the chairs like every other player and coach. Why would the NCAA allow him that chair. I'm sure that there have been other coaches who have had limited mobility coaching the sideline before. Why did he get that chair?

What purpose did it serve other than keep him more in front of the camera while the game was being played.

Originally posted by vilehoopster:

I like Ron Hunter; a player I coached in high school played for Hunter at IUPUI. But I kind of got the feeling that he loved the attention a little more than he should have.

Why did he have that special roller chair on the sidelines to coach. I understand he hurt his foot or leg, but why couldn't he have just sat on the bench or on the chairs like every other player and coach. Why would the NCAA allow him that chair. I'm sure that there have been other coaches who have had limited mobility coaching the sideline before. Why did he get that chair?

What purpose did it serve other than keep him more in front of the camera while the game was being played.
The chair helped him move just as the other coaches moved on two good legs. It allowed him to use the entire coach's box, and allowed him to move to the floor during timeout's to instruct his team.

He never got on the floor with it like a certain coach south of West Laffy does, his decorum was exceptional during the tourney, and his enthusiasm was certainly contagious. Now, put all that together with recruiting to a lower level D1 school and it has to certainly make that job easier.

Some folks would have said, "Oh poor me, I can't do my job". He didn't.

Originally posted by vilehoopster:

I don't know any coach that stays seated on the bench much, if at all, and that's what he would have been restricted to. I'm sure he loved the attention his team was getting but I think you're reading in a bit much.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT