ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans for Biden

IF the virus was here in December then the rest of your points here are moot.

What you cannot do is compare us to other countries with completely different systems. We aren't a China who can literally weld their citizens inside their home. Also it's hard to compare vs other countries because ALL countries only know of the cases in which they have tested for. We are doing by far more tests than any other country therefore it's only logical that our numbers are going to be higher. Then there's how each country reports. Do you really think China only has 4,600 deaths? Then we have the issue with people being reported as dying from covid that didn't necessarily die from covid. This is going on in many states right now.

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...nting-guidelines-colorados-confirmed-covid-19

The experts that you claim warned Trump were still saying we weren't at risk at the same time Trump was banning travel to/from China.

I know you think you know what's what right now, because the media is good at that, but there's a lot that we don't know yet because nobody really knows. Hell, Sweden never really shut down and they are doing just fine.

1.) Virus cases in Dec changes absolutely nothing - it was a manageable number. I have been saying from Feb on that as a project manager he has a "FLAWED" process to get improvements. He has no target to reach by x date, he has no accurate measurement, neither he nor his team take any responsibility for anything, they have no demonstrated performance against a plan and they have no leadership. Not only that, but he abdicated it to the governors, because he KNEW he didn't know how to improve anything and he was tired of taking the heat for it !

Bottom line: He can't bring the numbers down ! (We have been running at 20,000 cases/day "while being shut down !" Do you think that's GOOD ? ?

2.) The death numbers are UNDER-reported ! Even Fauci says that ! I even highlighted that CLEARLY over a 3-4 week period on here with respect to my home town. (ie local paper took my emails, checked into them and said the same thing in print !) If you don't believe me, check out the Anderson Herald (They are pretty good little paper and have won awards for their journalism)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...us-death-toll-cases-trump-spike-a9510791.html

3.) He was repeatedly warned and as Trump does when he doesn't like the answer - He IGNORED it !

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-warnings-46ea8006-2e19-4810-82c1-0f10f4f9aa97.html

PS Your Sweden comment just underscored my prior comments - namely that even Sweden's efforts is putting ours to shame.

The virus wasn't in the US in Dec. It wasn't anywhere outside of China in December. The earliest cases in China were believed to be Nov...I've linked articles showing how ill-prepared Trump was before. The cuts to US CDC/monitoring staff that had been in place in China for decades. The ignoring of the Plans Bush and Obama had left in place.

As for Trump's China Ban, it was only for non-US citizens who had been in China within the previous 2 weeks. That did not begin to account for people from other countries (aside from China) that may have been exposed in say France or Spain to someone who had returned there or had in turn been exposed to someone else who had returned from China. I realize that's a major Trump talking point, but the fact of the matter TESTING, esp at airports along with a quarantine would have been much more effective.

Compare a country like S Korea which by early March had more cases than anywhere in the world outside China. The steps they took at that point allowed them to basically "arrest" the virus, and they were able to slow the curve more than practically any other country.

Jan 20 both S Korea (ROK) and the US recorded their first Covid case. By March 17 ROK had tested 274,000 people while the US had tested 25,000. In addition, the ROK instituted aggressive contact tracing, which you can turn on Fox News and find people opposed to. This is an interesting video...

But the worst point you made is your comment that Sweden is doing fine. I'll let the Natl Review (well known leftist rag) handle this one. Last week for the 2nd week in a row Sweden led the world in per capita deaths. And keep in mind compared to neighbors like Norway and Denmark which have both reopened schools, Sweden's death rates are horrific... Now Norway and Denmark both have populations of 5+ Million, compared to Swedens 10+ Million. But while Sweden has 2x as many people as Norway, they have had 10X as many deaths per capita...

"According to the Worldometers website, 435 out of every one million Swedes have died from the virus, while the virus has killed 44 out of every million Norwegians.

Norway imposed a lockdown to slow the spread of the coronavirus early on March 12, but the country reopened schools early in May. “Our goal is that by June 15 we will have reopened most of the things that were closed,” Norway’s prime minister said at a press conference earlier this month.

Its neighbor Sweden, by contrast, took a more lax approach: The government banned events with more than 50 people and shut down universities and secondary schools but imposed few other restrictions.

Swedish government officials said lockdowns could do little to save lives over the long term and that their more lax approach would let their society reach herd immunity more quickly and lessen the economic pain the country would endure. “About 30 percent of people in Stockholm have reached a level of immunity,” Karin Ulrika Olofsdotter, the Swedish ambassador to the United States, told NPR on April 26. “We could reach herd immunity in the capital as early as next month.”

But a recent study found that just 7.3 percent of Stockholm residents tested positive for coronavirus antibodies at the end of April. “I think herd immunity is a long way off, if we ever reach it,” Bjorn Olsen, professor of infectious medicine at Uppsala University, told Reuters.

And it’s not clear Sweden’s economy will be better off than Norway’s this year. “Economists at Swedish bank SEB estimate Sweden’s GDP will drop 6.5 per cent this year, about the same as the US and Germany, but a little better than Norway and ahead of 9–10 per cent falls in Finland and Denmark, all of which have had lockdowns,” the Financial Times reported May 10. A Reuters poll from April found economists predicting the Scandinavian economies would all fare about the same in 2020."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/swedens-covid-death-rate-now-ten-times-higher-than-norways/

It all depends on how you define "doing just fine"? I know it's a right-wing talking point, but compared to its neighbors Sweden has been a disaster...

Sweden
Confirmed
Recovered
Deaths

Norway
Confirmed
Recovered
Deaths

Denmark
Confirmed
+36
Recovered
Deaths
Ohio documented at least 5 cases in January. If a state in middle America had that many cases in January, it stands to reason that it entered the country in December.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
They did dick because most of the Republicans were anti Trump. I thought this was common knowledge. They hated him because he stood to undo what the swamp rats wanted to maintain. Swamp rats on the Right and the Left.

Do you realize how utterly ridiculous this sounds? Just one excuse after the other after the other for him. He’s the one hiring these people. I mean Jesus Christ when you do take a step back and say it’s not them, but him?? Goddamn dude, pull your head out of his ass and just use some sense.

Ohio documented at least 5 cases in January. If a state in middle America had that many cases in January, it stands to reason that it entered the country in December.

Have you seen information about these five cases? They could be people who had just returned from China or another country. Everything I have seen claims the virus appeared in the U.S. in January but I think there could have been some undetected cases earlier???

Do you realize how utterly ridiculous this sounds? Just one excuse after the other after the other for him. He’s the one hiring these people. I mean Jesus Christ when you do take a step back and say it’s not them, but him?? Goddamn dude, pull your head out of his ass and just use some sense.
I'm not talking about the people he hired. I'm talking about congressional Republicans. Jesus man, I thought it was known how Republicans in office didn't support him.

1.) Virus cases in Dec changes absolutely nothing - it was a manageable number. I have been saying from Feb on that as a project manager he has a "FLAWED" process to get improvements. He has no target to reach by x date, he has no accurate measurement, neither he nor his team take any responsibility for anything, they have no demonstrated performance against a plan and they have no leadership. Not only that, but he abdicated it to the governors, because he KNEW he didn't know how to improve anything and he was tired of taking the heat for it !

Bottom line: He can't bring the numbers down ! (We have been running at 20,000 cases/day "while being shut down !" Do you think that's GOOD ? ?

2.) The death numbers are UNDER-reported ! Even Fauci says that ! I even highlighted that CLEARLY over a 3-4 week period on here with respect to my home town. (ie local paper took my emails, checked into them and said the same thing in print !) If you don't believe me, check out the Anderson Herald (They are pretty good little paper and have won awards for their journalism)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...us-death-toll-cases-trump-spike-a9510791.html

3.) He was repeatedly warned and as Trump does when he doesn't like the answer - He IGNORED it !

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-warnings-46ea8006-2e19-4810-82c1-0f10f4f9aa97.html

PS Your Sweden comment just underscored my prior comments - namely that even Sweden's efforts is putting ours to shame.
Here is the timeline of what the Trump administration has done. Hardly nothing early on.
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/...s-decisive-actions-to-combat-the-coronavirus/

Here's what Fauci said on Jan 26:

On Jan. 26, Fauci gave an interview to John Catsimatidis, a syndicated radio host in New York. "What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?" Catsimatidis asked. "Should they be scared?"

"I don’t think so," Fauci said. "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously."

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the people he hired. I'm talking about congressional Republicans. Jesus man, I thought it was known how Republicans in office didn't support him.

There’s no doubt about that but if you won’t acknowledge the mess with the people he has brought on board, you really have no business talking about the establishment.

There’s no doubt about that but if you won’t acknowledge the mess with the people he has brought on board, you really have no business talking about the establishment.
So it's all or nothing? Strange position to take. I'm not going to say there weren't problems. Many of them. Wouldn't you rather he gets rid of them and get someone new than keep a bad actor?

Found this interesting:

Michael Cunningham, Currently an independent philanthropist at Retirement (2012-present)
Answered Jul 5, 2019 · Author has 685 answers and 480.1k answer views

I'm a retired veteran and was a lifelong republican, but trump is beyond disgusting and the last straw. I am ashamed I wasted my life serving this country. Anyone who can’t see the truth is literally blind. Republicans are controlled nowadays with fear, racism, paranoia, false patriotism, and fascism. It started decades ago with McCarthyism, but today it’s all done by trump and bs like Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Alex Jones. Fear is the easiest way to control people. Every republican message is fear based: "Obamas coming for your guns" "Obamacare has death panels" "mexicans are rapists" "Obamas a Muslim" "mexicans will steal your job" "gays will rape your children in the unisex bathrooms" "Christmas is under attack" Trump just the pinnacle of a party of hate. His entire life has been the same. He doesn't care about America or patriotism or religion or the working class - he is only out for himself, his ego, and his wallet. That is, and always has been, blatantly obvious. Trump is a vile, corrupt, global elitist, born rich, spoiled, hooker-addicted, racist, entitled brat who went to Ivy League college on daddy’s dime, chickened out of the draft 5x, inherited everything he has, went bankrupt 5x (a form of welfare), and built his life of extreme greed on the backs of illegal immigrant construction workers and shafting blue collar vendors. Not to mention he put his own kids on the Whitehouse payroll while they continue to run his businesses & use their govt positions to make deals for daddy: NEPOTISM. He also using taxpayers money to fund his Mar-a-largo resort and DC hotel. His entire staff is made up of global elitist rich lobbyisits trying to pillage America to line their pockets. He's created the single biggest swamp on earth. He’s also the first president to insult veterans on Twitter, to skip Arlington & WW2 ceremonies because of rain and his hair, and the first to refuse to spend Christmas with troops (despite a VA hospital just a mile from the Whitehouse). Not to mention he held a phony fundraiser during the election and stole from veterans. He throws tantrums on Twitter like a 4 year old. Directly uses his position to degrade and sow distrust of the free press and the FBI/DOJ. He blatantly encourages violence and threatens jail time against his opponents and protesters. He routinely calls the free press the "enemy of the people." His ENTIRE CAREER in NYC has been one of extreme corruption and attacking disabled veteran vendors. Trump only cares about himself. Trump could care less about America, except to gaslight it for his ego and wallet. 17 investigations, almost all of his closest long term advisors have all pleaded guilty, been convicted, or are under investigation.

Sick. Disgusting. Evil. Trump is directly destroying America. The Republican party is standing by doing nothing. Civil War is coming. I proudly stand against trump and recite my oath of office "I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC."

The interesting part was it was "before" the mismanagement of the pandemic. I guess I am not alone.

There were people here in my area that were getting very sick, my wife included, that was different than anything we've experienced before. Definitely not the flu. Do you really think that China knew what was going on in it's borders the instant it happened? It would take months for it to get big enough and spread far enough to notice. Easily could spread elsewhere before people knew what it was. I have had Dr friends confirm to me that it could have been Covid they were seeing around that time.

I would be cautious how you compare some countries. The ones with near dictatorial control I would be damn near certain are hiding the real numbers.

Also, sure Denmark and Norway have very low deaths, but at what cost? Will their economy be severely damaged? I know it sounds inhumane to talk about lives vs economy but people not being able to live and support their families literally cost lives.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-deaths-suicides-drugs-alcohol-pandemic-75000/

Talking about losing that many lives to suicide is just as bad no? So you have to balance things. Now going back to my comment about Sweden. Yes, I think a 0.04% per capita death rate is doing very well.

There are anti-bodies tests available to see if you had COVID.

Also, sure Denmark and Norway have very low deaths, but at what cost? Will their economy be severely damaged? I know it sounds inhumane to talk about lives vs economy but people not being able to live and support their families literally cost lives.

Did you miss this part of the NR article?

"And it’s not clear Sweden’s economy will be better off than Norway’s this year. “Economists at Swedish bank SEB estimate Sweden’s GDP will drop 6.5 per cent this year, about the same as the US and Germany, but a little better than Norway and ahead of 9–10 per cent falls in Finland and Denmark, all of which have had lockdowns,” the Financial Times reported May 10. A Reuters poll from April found economists predicting the Scandinavian economies would all fare about the same in 2020."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/swedens-covid-death-rate-now-ten-times-higher-than-norways/

Actually I just read today that they had 13, none of which required hospitalization. But the early onset just underscores how much on point Biden was on Jan 27 (when there were 5 known US cases) when he warned about Trump's lack of preparedness to deal with a Pandemic...

"The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Now if you really need me to, I can provide links to support every single one of the assertions that Biden made on Jan 27. The part about "undermining global efforts" is likely a reference to Trump cutting the staff of the US CDC delegation staioned within China, including eliminating the monitoring position held by Dr Linda Quick, a position established under Bush 2.

And here's the TOP recommendations that had been established in the Pandemic Response Playbook, back in 2015-16. Any Democrat would have implemented these, as any Dem running in 2016 was invested in the Obama Administrations Pandemic planning...

Document outlines strategy now known a “flattening the curve”:

pandemic-curve.jpg

Obama HHS solicits plans for a machine that can produce up to 2 million N95 respirators a day. “Respirator manufacturing capacity remains a critical gap” in pandemic preparedness says a top federal official in charge of project.

Obama administration prepares a 69-page Pandemic Playbook to coordinate an early, all of government response to an outbreak. Trump officials will leave it on the shelf.

pandemic-playbook.jpg

The entire chronology of Pandemic Response is detailed here...

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rolling-stone-timeline-coronavirus-america-982944/

Actually I just read today that they had 13, none of which required hospitalization. But the early onset just underscores how much on point Biden was on Jan 27 (when there were 5 known US cases) when he warned about Trump's lack of preparedness to deal with a Pandemic...

"The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Now if you really need me to, I can provide links to support every single one of the assertions that Biden made on Jan 27. The part about "undermining global efforts" is likely a reference to Trump cutting the staff of the US CDC delegation staioned within China, including eliminating the monitoring position held by Dr Linda Quick, a position established under Bush 2.

And here's the TOP recommendations that had been established in the Pandemic Response Playbook, back in 2015-16. Any Democrat would have implemented these, as any Dem running in 2016 was invested in the Obama Administrations Pandemic planning...

pandemic-curve.jpg

Obama HHS solicits plans for a machine that can produce up to 2 million N95 respirators a day. “Respirator manufacturing capacity remains a critical gap” in pandemic preparedness says a top federal official in charge of project.

Obama administration prepares a 69-page Pandemic Playbook to coordinate an early, all of government response to an outbreak. Trump officials will leave it on the shelf.

pandemic-playbook.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rolling-stone-timeline-coronavirus-america-982944/
And Slow Joe would have deluged us with a ton more seed cases from China.

There are anti-bodies tests available to see if you had COVID.

Did you miss this part of the NR article?

"And it’s not clear Sweden’s economy will be better off than Norway’s this year. “Economists at Swedish bank SEB estimate Sweden’s GDP will drop 6.5 per cent this year, about the same as the US and Germany, but a little better than Norway and ahead of 9–10 per cent falls in Finland and Denmark, all of which have had lockdowns,” the Financial Times reported May 10. A Reuters poll from April found economists predicting the Scandinavian economies would all fare about the same in 2020."

You can't tell me you believe that their economy would be better off, or not severely worse if it shut down. I'll wait to see how things go in reality because economists get things wrong a lot.

pandemic-curve.jpg

pandemic-playbook.jpg

Biden was flat out lying in much of this, and the article is full of fak. Trump did propose cuts to CDC and NIH several times, BUT he signed bills that increased spending for those programs every single time. Proposing something doesn't do any harm, especially when you do the exact opposite. Also, Biden doesn't mention how he and Obama failed to build back up our stocks of supplies after using most of it up from the H1N1, Ebola and other incidents. Then there's the false report that Trump disbanded the pandemic response team. Fake news. It was restructured to try to make it more efficient. All the same people were still there ready to do their job.

Again, you need to go to the Trump timeline on what was done because there's criticism to be made, but only from armchair quarterbacks. Nobody would have done much better than what we did.

BTW, it was Jan 3 we offered to send experts to China to help.

Jan 6 when we issued a level I travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.

Jan 20 when it was announced that NIH was working on a vaccine for coronavirus.

But Biden would have saved us... Please.

Last edited:
Biden was flat out lying in much of this, and the article is full of fak. Trump did propose cuts to CDC and NIH several times, BUT he signed bills that increased spending for those programs every single time. Proposing something doesn't do any harm, especially when you do the exact opposite. Also, Biden doesn't mention how he and Obama failed to build back up our stocks of supplies after using most of it up from the H1N1, Ebola and other incidents. Then there's the false report that Trump disbanded the pandemic response team. Fake news. It was restructured to try to make it more efficient. All the same people were still there ready to do their job.

Again, you need to go to the Trump timeline on what was done because there's criticism to be made, but only from armchair quarterbacks. Nobody would have done much better than what we did.

Jan 6 when we issued a level I travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.

Biden saw this coming back in October.

Please.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
And Slow Joe would have deluged us with a ton more seed cases from China.

"Seed cases from China"? You know that the travel ban only affected flights of non-US Citizens direct from China right? It did nothing to contain US citizens or people on flights from Europe that may have been exposed in Spain or Italy and then traveled to the US. Just pointing out that Trump's biggest talking point is just cosmetic...

No wellness checks at airports, no 14-day quarantine, no contact tracing. Countries like ROK and Singapore who were exposed to the virus much earlier had initially more cases than the US and are far closer (distance-wise) to China were able to arrest their development of cases while the US went ballistic.

In ROK, they were able to pinpoint the outbreak to a certain charismatic church group in the city of Daegu, restrict their practices, implement social distancing, and basically slow and eventually eliminate new cases...

"On February 16, a Sunday, a 61-year-old woman with a fever entered the Shincheonji Church of Jesus in Daegu, South Korea. She touched her finger to a digital scanner. She passed through a pair of glass doors and proceeded downstairs, to the prayer hall, where she sat with approximately 1,000 other worshippers in a large windowless room. Hours later, she exited the building and left behind a trail of pathogens that would lead to thousands of infections, triggering one of the largest coronavirus outbreaks in the world.

By the end of February, South Korea had the most COVID-19 patients of any country outside China. New confirmed cases were doubling every few days, and pharmacies were running out of face masks. More than a dozen countries imposed travel restrictions to protect their citizens from the Korean outbreak, including the U.S., which had, at the time, recorded an official COVID-19 death toll low enough to count on one hand.

But just as South Korea appeared to be descending into catastrophe, the country stopped the virus in its tracks. The government demanded that the Shincheonji Church turn over its full membership list, through which the Ministry of Health identified thousands of worshippers. All were ordered to self-isolate. Within days, thousands of people in Daegu were tested for the virus. Individuals with the most serious cases were sent to hospitals, while those with milder cases checked into isolation units at converted corporate training facilities. The government used a combination of interviews and cellphone surveillance to track down the recent contacts of new patients and ordered those contacts to self-isolate as well.

Within a month, the Korean outbreak was effectively contained. In the first two weeks of March, new daily cases fell from 800 to fewer than 100. (This morning, the nation of 51 million reported zero new domestic infections for the third straight day.) On April 15, the country successfully held a national parliamentary election with the highest turnout in three decades, without triggering another wave. South Korea is not unique in its ability to bend the curve of daily cases; New Zealand, Australia, and Norway have done so, as well. But it is perhaps the largest democracy to reduce new daily cases by more than 90 percent from peak, and its density and proximity to China make the achievement particularly noteworthy.

In the time that South Korea righted its course, the United States veered into disaster. In mid-March, the U.S. and South Korea had the same number of coronavirus-caused fatalities—approximately 90. In April, South Korea lost a total of 85 souls to COVID-19, while the U.S. lost 62,000—an average of 85 deaths every hour. That the U.S. population is approximately six times larger than South Korea’s does little to soften the horror of the comparison."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/whats-south-koreas-secret/611215/

How many people died from Ebola in the US during the Obama/Biden Administration?

The point is that the Pandemic Response preparedness playbook that Trump inherited was built from experience and study. It wasn't some sort of gotcha developed by first Bush and then Obama to "trap Trump". The officials from the Obama Administration fully felt they were leaving behind a GUIDE for successive Admins to follow in the event of a calamity of the type they feared and worked to prepare to prevent/deal with.

Trump came into office as a BASE POTUS, needing to placate the whims of his vocal minority base of support who were all about his wall. That meant he had to cut other areas within the HHS budget, in his constant scrounging for funds to fulfill the lie that "Mexic would pay for it". That involved him cutting areas that the country as a whole depended on in order to try and satisfy his base, and keep his dreams for re-election alive.He made his choices- now he has to deal with them...

Cutting CDC staff within Mexico that had been in place for 40 yrs, as well as eliminating the specific monitoring position held by Dr Linda Quick meant cutting Pandemic Preparedness- any way you slice it. He put it on the back burner, and as Biden pointed out on Jan 27, Trump was still not up to speed on even the basics. There were only 5 US cases on Jan 27 when Biden called Trump out. Later when the number had grown to 15 Trump was still making inane comments about how the numbers were going to go down, or the virus would never be a threat because warm weather would kill it...

We now know that Biden was calling out Trump on these budget cuts and his disastrous ignoring of Pandemic Preparedness as early as Oct- before the virus had even evolved into cases. So we know that Biden as a VETERAN of an Administration that had worked to eliminate issues in that area, was already aware that Trump was one outbreak away from 110,000 US deaths. It isn't even debatable that a Dem Administration would have handled this better. They would have followed the advice left from the Previous 2 Admins- go back and read the Rolling Stone timeline...

Reactions: tsmatthias

I should have gotten back to this thread sooner. It would help if you would provide LINKS, and maybe even an excerpt for assertions you want to make. "Biden was flat out lying" is not really very informative...

Regarding China and the offer to "send experts"...
There would have been no need to "send" experts to China, we had them in place for the past 40 yrs until the summer of 2019, when Trump cut the CDC staff inside China. We even had an epidemiologist embedded within the Chinese Health Ministry whose job it was to monitor possible outbreaks/trouble spots and COMMUNICATE directly with US officials. The position dated at least back to Bush...

"Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.

The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. The first cases of the new coronavirus may have emerged as early as November, and as cases exploded, the Trump administration in February chastised China for censoring information about the outbreak and keeping U.S. experts from entering the country to help.

“It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”

Zhu and the other sources said the American expert, Dr. Linda Quick, was a trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists who were deployed to the epicenter of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases.

As an American CDC employee, they said, Quick was in an ideal position to be the eyes and ears on the ground for the United States and other countries on the coronavirus outbreak, and might have alerted them to the growing threat weeks earlier."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...na-months-before-virus-outbreak-idUSKBN21910S

What's your Explanation? Budget cuts?

"Also, Biden doesn't mention how he and Obama failed to build back up our stocks of supplies after using most of it up from the H1N1, Ebola and other incidents"

This one really doesn't end well for you... First off the RS expose points out that the Obama Admin was working to build back up critical supplies from 2015-16. You realize that Trump obviously HALTED those efforts, or else the 3 yrs from Jan 2017-Jan 2020 would have seen those stocks replenished. Your point makes some sense if we're talking about a lag of a year or so, and an epidemic in 2018. But it's 2020- just continuing those efforts at a nominal pace would have built them back up in 3+ yrs...

"2015

Centers for Disease Control (CDC) sponsors study warning of a deficit of up to 60,500 ventilators in a severe influenza pandemic.

Department of Homeland Security study predicts a severe flu epidemic could result in 6.5 million hospitalizations and 2.3 million ICU admissions and “could overwhelm the Healthcare and Public Health Sector in as little as 3-6 weeks.” Warns of “significant shortages in… personal protective equipment (PPE), and medical equipment, including ventilators” as well as of “supply chain disruptions” that could “significantly hamper the effectiveness” of frontline workers.

pandemic-curve.jpg

Obama administration prepares a 69-page Pandemic Playbook to coordinate an early, all of government response to an outbreak. Trump officials will leave it on the shelf."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ng-stone-timeline-coronavirus-america-982944/

But even more, damning for Trump's case in this area is the fact that at some point he lied. Both he and Kayleigh have been pushing this narrative about Obama "leaving the cupboard bare" When he visited the mask factory in AZ and sat down with David Muir, Trump trotted that out again, and Muir pushed him on the fact that he had been in office for 3 yrs, plenty of time (like I said) to accomplish replenishing of supplies...

I mean seriously? Bill Clinton was able to not only get himself re-elected by a wider margin (in the midst of Impeachment), but also raise his approval numbers to record levels...

But even that bit of desperate deflection isn't the worst blow to your point... The St Louis Post Dispatch discovered that in contrast to the "empty cupboard narrative" being pushed by Trump/Lying Kayleigh, Trump told Congress the exact OPPOSITE when he asked for cuts to the Pandemic Preparedness Budget in both 2019 and 2020...

"We’ve taken the time to dissect Centers for Disease Control and Prevention budgets from the year before Obama left office all the way to the present. Trump can lie, but the numbers cannot. Obama left office with an unblemished record of building up the nation’s pandemic preparedness. Trump systematically sought to dismantle it.

Perhaps because of his experience with the 2015 Ebola outbreak, Obama sought to leave his successor fully prepared to confront future pandemics. He asked in his fiscal 2017 budget request to boost federal isolation and quarantine funding by $15 million, to $46.6 million. Congress approved $31.6 million. In Trump’s three years in office, he has not requested a dime more in funding."

"Obama asked to nearly double his own $40 million outlay for epidemiology and laboratory capacity. Congress balked, but Obama left Trump with that $40 million as a starting point. What did Trump do? In his 2020 budget, he asked Congress to cut that number to: Zero. Zilch. Nothing.

Obama’s goal was $629.5 million in funding for pandemic preparedness, though Congress only gave him $612 million.
If Trump was so worried about a bare cupboard, why did he ask Congress to cut the 2020 pandemic preparedness budget by $102.9 million? In the 2019 fiscal year budget, he sought a $595.5 million cut in the overall public health preparedness and response outlay"

"Interestingly, Trump’s own 2020 budget contains a chart comparing the nation’s public health emergency preparedness before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and where it stood in 2016 (why it stops with Obama’s final year is unclear).
Before 9/11, the nation had a 20% ability to mobilize in response to a health emergency, a 5% ability to establish an incident-command system, and 0% storage and distribution capacity for critical medicines and supplies. By Obama’s final year, the nation’s preparedness on all measurements was 98% to 100%. That’s by the Trump administration’s own assessment.

If the cupboard was bare, it’s because Trump swept it clean"

https://www.stltoday.com/opinion/ed...cle_bd1bb8d6-7477-590d-af72-ae4e305de601.html

Last edited:
Reactions: BuilderBob6
Biden saw this coming back in October.

Please.

Good one, hahaha

You must have missed this story among all the tumult... Report published in WAPO on Oct 24,2019

"Oct. 24, 2019, at 1:44 p.m. EDT
After an Ebola epidemic devastated West Africa in 2014, many countries took steps to boost their preparedness. But even as the risk of such outbreaks increases, no country — the United States included — is fully prepared to respond to a deliberate or accidental threat with the potential to wipe out humanity, according to a report assessing the efforts of 195 countries.

The report, released Thursday, is the first comprehensive assessment of global health capabilities, giving countries an overall score based on several measures. Unlike other ratings, the Global Health Security Index benchmarks health security in the context of tools critical to fighting outbreaks, such as robust health systems, adherence to global norms, and political and security risks, including public confidence in government.

The United States does well in five of six preparedness categories but ranks 19th — after Australia, Canada, Singapore and more than a half-dozen European countries — in an assessment of overall risk and vulnerability to biological threats. The factors driving down the U.S. score include the risks of social unrest and terrorism and low public confidence in the government. Liechtenstein ranked No. 1 on this measure."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...luded-is-fully-prepared-pandemic-report-says/

The point that TheCainer is making is the respective responses from Trump and Biden the next day- Oct 25,2019...

Biden obviously READ the WAPO article and felt it warranted attention...Here's Biden's tweet from Oct 25...

Trump, on the other hand, decided to tweet about his displeasure with the removal of the home button on the iPhone

Notice how Trump tweeted 3 hrs AFTER Biden and even then still didn't feel that responding to the WAPO article might be relevant?

Which one seemed to have more attentiveness to the actual JOB of POTUS?... Still determined to push that Trump more intelligent than Biden narrative?... Good luck...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT