ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. UCLA THREAD

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Boilers 30 minutes from tip off in Los Angeles against UCLA.

You can watch the game if you have PAC 12 network with your cable package. Streaming for this game is going to be a mess, but PAC 12 Now app should have it available. Could have to sign up, however.

8-4 UCLA our offense is really struggling, 2 from Ellis and 2 from Smith with lots of missed shots and 3 TOs about halfway through the first quarter

Reactions: DocRon
Rashunda Jones and Mary Ashley Stevenson helping pick up the scoring for Purdue, both getting shots to fall, but the Boilermakers are down 19-8 with a minute to go in the first quarter.

24-8 UCLA after one quarter. We are not even slowing them down on the blocks.

10 minutes down in Pauley Pavilion: UCLA 24, Purdue 8. Boilers shot just 21% in the first quarter, while the Bruins were a white hot 77% from the field including 4-5 from deep.

Purdue starting to find its groove in the second quarter, have cut the deficit to 10.

Boilers 21, UCLA 31 with 4:41 left in the first half.

UCLA 42 Purdue 24 Betts down low and Jones(UCLA player) on the perimeter are killing us.

outrebounded 21-9, 4 A to 5 TO, UCLA outscored us in the paint 21-9 Layden sisters 0fer combined and Mila Reynolds only got 3 minutes and got no stats. Stevenson did well, as did Jones off the bench for Purdue.

Reactions: HoopDad317
57-33 UCLA mid third quarter. Stevenson is our only low post player this game. Harper is hanging out at the three point line instead of posting up much. Stevenson has gone right at their 6'7" former number one recruit without fear. Madison still is silent. We've only played 7 players any real time and UCLA only has 10 healthy, but I think they have all played already.

57-33 UCLA mid third quarter. Stevenson is our only low post player this game. Harper is hanging out at the three point line instead of posting up much. Stevenson has gone right at their 6'7" former number one recruit without fear. Madison still is silent. We've only played 7 players any real time and UCLA only has 10 healthy, but I think they have all played already.
Impressed with MA. Poised & confident competitor.

Thanks for your updates, Michael. The score is not unexpected but still disappointing, especially looking at our outside shooting.
Purdue has a team of older players that aren’t that talented, I think they’ll end up being ok but they won’t beat more talented teams. I hope throughout the seasons some of the younger players get more minutes than some of the vets, girls like Terry, Ellis, Harper, Layden are what they are at this point, what you see is what you get, that’s a mid tier Big Ten team that might win 1 tourney game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT