ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. SIU-Edwardsville overview

I do think it is a bit troubling that eiffert is the best rebounder but not because he is walk on. I mean he is 6'6 220 thats similar in size to bonzie Colson and its not like a guy who can only rebound well would be a big target coming out of highschool.

That being said he averaged less than 10 boards a game in highschool so yeah probably not a good sign.

'Averaged nearly nine rebounds during his one season at Don Bosco Prep, where he grew two inches and gained about 20 pounds'

Add that to a couple years at Purdue going against some of the best big guys in the country every day and you have to be slow as a box of rocks not to see Grady being a great rebounder

OK. Understood. I missed that point because Terone Johnson wasn't a walk-on.

I don't mind if the guy who recruited and coaches these players daily is honest in his assessments.

Whether we want to hear that a 6-6, 220 walk-on rebounds better than our full-ride scholarship recruits is a different matter.

If so, put me (Eifert) in, coach!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
See, some of you guys think rebounding is a problem because you have in your mind that Grady isn't a good rebounder. It's the negativity thing rearing its ugly head before the season officially starts. I don't see rebounding as a big problem because I know that if VE and Haas step it up to match Grady's effort, we'll be in really good shape.

Now all we need is for Taylor to stay healthy enough to give 8-10 minutes/game of what we know he can deliver. Then add the contributions from Haarms.

Painter knows all of this, so it will all get worked out.

Stop it. I'm like a little kid in a candy shop already. And it's still hours away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few more hours for us, but the opening tip has been thrown at the Spring Arbor v. E. Michigan game. The NCAA basketball regular season is underway!

See, some of you guys think rebounding is a problem because you have in your mind that Grady isn't a good rebounder. It's the negativity thing rearing its ugly head before the season officially starts. I don't see rebounding as a big problem because I know that if VE and Haas step it up to match Grady's effort, we'll be in really good shape.

Now all we need is for Taylor to stay healthy enough to give 8-10 minutes/game of what we know he can deliver. Then add the contributions from Haarms.

Painter knows all of this, so it will all get worked out.
If everyone on the team matched Grady's effort on the floor all of the time....Purdue would likely not lose many games this season. The kid plays about as hard as any Boiler not named Brian Cardinal that I have seen.

Assuming that the projected starters I listed end up being correct, who would make for the best matchups in a man-to-man defense? I can picture Mathias guarding #45 Keenan Simmons and V. Edwards guarding #24 Jalen Henry or the other way around.

Also of note, from the numbers, it looks as though Henry and point guard #13 Christian Ellis do a pretty good job of drawing fouls/getting to the free-throw line. It's something to keep mind while viewing (in whatever capacity you can) tonight's game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT