ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Ohio State: Predictions and Game Thread

Sucks, that our best player just flat out got man handled by their best player. I think we really know now who coach of the year goes to and player of the year. We better bounce back or we are looking at 2-3 seed now.

all 6 of their 3s for the entire game came from 2 scrubs that have 8 and 9 made for the entire year

every single game the team we play has their best game of their entire season vs us... it is unbelievable

if we lose saturday vs MSU our 1 seed is gone... we will fall to a 2

So that's just complete coincidence every time? Not an indication of our regressing defence? Just bad luck?

Or D seems to be getting worse by the week. Something is up

PJ is and has always been a liability but usually runs our offense well. Tonight was a horrible night zero points And 2 assists. If we don't get 4 guys in double digits against good teams we will lose more often.

Reactions: boilers-seminoles
There is zero guarantee of that. None.

I like my chances with a 6’6 leaper as opposed to a 5’9 guy who can’t jump.

Anyone still want to argue that PJ is B10 caliber? He’s not. He’s a 5’9 spot up shooter and if he’s not hitting, he’s not helping.

No. But everyone knew they would attack the rim. I like NE in there for that play. Rebounding finally caught up with us.

Gee, what a surprise. Dribble penetration, draw the bigs and have everyone else crash the boards. Works against Purdue every time.

Reactions: pu1985
Look, give OSU credit, they played good D and they play hard. KBD is definitely the B1G player of the year. Congrats to them.

I know some on the board don't want to discuss any point unless it is blind optimism, but we gave that game away. So much blame to go around in my opinion.
  • Isaac Haas - again a missed dunk? At this point, quit trying to dunk. The percentages aren't good. Just lay it in.
  • Dakota - 5 freakin turnovers. Some were plain bad. Absolutely unacceptable for a senior.
  • PJ - 0 for 5. Zero points. It seems like he cannot stay in front of dribble penetration to the rim. Can't rebound. If he is not hitting a open 3, put in Nojel to guard and rebound. For as dominant as Haas can be, running a pick and roll with whoever PJ and Haas guard is just as rewarding for the opposition. Especially with how we can't rebound, so if that pick and roll leads to a miss, you likely get a putback at the rim.
  • Painter - why did he take Carsen out for so long late in 2nd half after going on a scoring streak. Was it the heat check shot he missed? It seemed like he was mad at Carsen. I don't get it. He was the only one we could rely on to score. Carsen out of the game is when OSU started their comeback and we could not score.
  • Rebounding - sad
  • Haarms - at this point, we are having a tough enough time to rebound. He needs to be smarter for when he tries to block versus rebound. A lot of times, when he goes for the block, it's his man who gets putback layups.
So disappointed in this loss.

I thought OSU was good but MSU will be a much tougher challenge on Saturday.

Not going to say Boilers deserved to lose ... up 14 with 10 minutes to go. So guess I have to say o$u deserved to win. Down the stretch and the guy with 28 pts isn’t seeing the ball. Boogie, Haas, played well. Vince came on late but needed him to play a full game. Mathias played a good defensive game but mistakes on offense. PJ absent.

No. But everyone knew they would attack the rim. I like NE in there for that play. Rebounding finally caught up with us.

I said he needed NE in for PJ at that timeout. Stupid non-move by Painter.
You need D and rebounding and you leave in a 5’8 guy who can jump or rebound. Dumb by painter.

I said he needed NE in for PJ at that timeout. Stupid non-move by Painter.
You need D and rebounding and you leave in a 5’8 guy who can jump or rebound. Dumb by painter.

Yes, for every late game sub for Haarm for Haas (defense for offense), he needs to do the same Eastern for PJ sub.

It feels like you could take 2 guys at the co-rec and run a pick and roll against PJ and Haas and you'll get something good. With our rebounding woes, even a missed shot off that pnr is an assist for a putback at the rim since we can't grab the ball.

I like my chances with a 6’6 leaper as opposed to a 5’9 guy who can’t jump.

Anyone still want to argue that PJ is B10 caliber? He’s not. He’s a 5’9 spot up shooter and if he’s not hitting, he’s not helping.
Still going with that tired, disproved argument? Based on this argument, VE's and Mathias' performance tonight proves they're not B10 caliber either.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT