ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Arkansas-Little Rock overview:

nagemj02

All-American
Mar 16, 2010
When: Thursday

Where: Pepsi Arena, Denver, CO

Tip-Off: 4:30 PM (ET: approx. 30 minutes after end of previous game)

TV: TBS

UALR Roster Info.: http://lrtrojans.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Head Coaches:

Purdue: Matt Painter (11th season as Purdue's HC)

UALR: Chris Beard (1st season as UALR's HC)

Projected Starters:

Purdue:

1 #3 P.J. Thompson 5'9 180 So.: averaging 5.7 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 2.7 APG, 45% FG's (55-123), 82% FT's (51-62), 43% 3PT's (33-77), and 22.4 MPG in 34 GP

2 #35 Rapheal Davis 6'5 215 Sr.: averaging 8.3 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 2.3 APG, 38% FG's (81-212), 73% FT's (57-78), 36% 3PT's (31-87), and 29.4 MPG in 30 GP

3 #12 Vince Edwards 6'8 220 So.: averaging 11 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 2.9 APG, 45% FG's (132-293), 82% FT's (66-81), 41% 3PT's (43-106), and 27.1 MPG in 34 GP

4 #50 Caleb "Biggie" Swanigan 6'9 245 Fr.: averaging 10.4 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 2.6 TPG, 46% FG's (127-277), 71% FT's (67-94), 29% 3PT's (21-72), and 25.8 MPG in 33 GP

5 #20 A.J. Hammons 7'0 250 Sr.: averaging 14.9 PPG, 8 RPG, 2.4 BPG, 2 TPG, 60% FG's (194-326), 71% FT's (84-119), 55% 3PT's (6-11), and 24.2 MPG in 32 GP

UALR:

1 #3 Josh Hagins 6'1 180 Sr.: averaging 12.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 4.7 APG, 45% FG's (149-330), 84% FT's (74-88), 38% 3PT's (52-138), and 30.3 MPG in 33 GP

2 #13 Marcus Johnson 5'11 175 Jr. (JC transfer): averaging 12.7 PPG, 3 RPG, 48% FG's (134-281), 81% FG's (80-99), 46% 3PT's (71-154), and 30.1 MPG in 33 GP

3 #14 Mareik Isom 6'8 210 Jr. (RS): averaging 6.2 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 43% FG's (64-148), 78% FT's (29-37), 42% 3PT's (41-97), and 19.2 MPG in 32 GP

4 #0 Roger Woods 6'5 230 Sr.: averaging 9.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 56% FG's (115-207), 64% FT's (84-131), 36% 3PT's (10-28), and 22.2 MPG in 33 GP

5 #12 Lis Shoshi 6'11 220 Jr. (JC transfer): averaging 6.8 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 1.2 BPG, 49% FG's (93-191), 62% FT's (29-47), 36% 3PT's (11-31), and 22.4 MPG in 33 GP

Projected Regular Reserves:

Purdue:

1 #1 Johnny Hill 6'2 180 Sr. (RS) (graduate transfer from Texas-Arlington; previously at Illinois State): averaging 5.1 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 1 SPG, 2.3 APG, 54% FG's (56-104), 83% FT's (59-71), 22% 3PT's (2-9), and 17.8 MPG in 34 GP

2/1 #31 Dakota Mathias 6'4 195 So.: averaging 5.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 2.3 APG, 41% FG's (61-148), 89% FT's (16-18), 39% 3PT's (41-106), and 18.6 MPG in 34 GP

2 #14 Ryan Cline 6'5 180 Fr.: averaging 3.9 PPG, 36% FG's (43-119), 55% FT's (6-11), 39% 3PT's (42-107), and 13.5 MPG in 34 GP

5 #44 Isaac Haas 7'2 280 So.: averaging 9.9 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 59% FG's (124-209), 71% FT's (87-122), no 3PT's attempted, and 14.4 MPG in 34 GP

UALR:

1/2 #11 Jermaine Ruttley 6'3 195 Sr. (immediately eligible transfer from Florida A&M): averaging 3.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 37% FG's (40-107), 79% FT's (26-33), 21% 3PT's (7-34), and 18.9 MPG in 33 GP

2 #23 Kemy Osse 6'1 200 Jr. (RS): averaging 5.1 PPG, 2 RPG, 1 SPG, 37% FG's (58-158), 61% FT's (11-18), 39% 3PT's (41-106), and 15.9 MPG in 33 GP

3/4 #1 Jalen Jackson 6'6 200 Jr. (JC transfer): averaging 8.9 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 50% FG's (111-221), 73% FT's (48-66), 40% 3PT's (6-15), and 15.5 MPG in 31 GP

3/4 #10 Maurius Hill 6'5 215 Jr.: averaging 3.3 PPG, 3 RPG, 43% FG's (41-95), 77% FT's (20-26), 40% 3PT's (6-15), and 13.2 MPG in 33 GP

5 #2 Daniel Green 6'10 235 Sr. (RS: graduate transfer from Wake Forest): averaging 1.2 PPG, 39% FG's (9-23), 55% FT's (6-11), 0% 3PT's (0-2), and 7 MPG in 20 GP

Who Might Play:

Purdue:

2/3 #21 Kendall Stephens 6'7 195 Jr.: averaging 6.1 PPG, 34% FG's (48-140), 60% FT's (12-20), 32% 3PT's (38-120), and 14.2 MPG in 24 GP

4/5 #23 Jacquil Taylor 6'10 225 Fr. (RS): averaging 2 PPG, 50% FG's (9-18), 44% FT's (4-9), 40% 3PT's (2-5), and 5 MPG in 12 GP

UALR:

3 #15 Stetson Billings 6'4 195 Jr. (RS): averaging 0.6 PPG, 23% FG's (7-30), 50% FT's (3-6), 20% 3PT's (1-5), and 7.8 MPG in 28 GP

Last edited:
They played no ranked teams this year. The committee has not valued SOS at all for teams like Monmouth and SDSU.

You are both correct, but that doesn't mean they are a bad team. They beat San Diego State AT San Diego State. They beat Tulsa AT Tulsa. Tulsa is in the tourney. They went 17-3 (yes, they played 20 conference games) in conference play to win the regular season title and then they won the conference tournament. They have quality guard play. Purdue needs to be as locked-in, loose, and ready to battle as they are for any other game. The Boilers can find ways to take advantage of their size and skill in the frontcourt.

Managed a whopping 4.7 pts in 13 minutes as a 4th year junior for a 9-22 Appalachian State team? Wow, how was he recruited to the B1G?

5th year senior

He played in '11-'12 and '12-'13 at Purdue and '14-'15 and '15-'16 at Appalachian State. I think he must have decided in his frosh or sophomore season that he didn't really want to put in the time and effort to become a better college basketball player. Either that, or he was delusional in thinking he could improve without the improved work ethic.

Reactions: yotheo
You are both correct, but that doesn't mean they are a bad team. They beat San Diego State AT San Diego State. They beat Tulsa AT Tulsa. Tulsa is in the tourney. They went 17-3 (yes, they played 20 conference games) in conference play to win the regular season title and then they won the conference tournament. They have quality guard play. Purdue needs to be as locked-in, loose, and ready to battle as they are for any other game. The Boilers can find ways to take advantage of their size and skill in the frontcourt.
Really tired and fell asleep watching them. Did see them run a 2 2 1 press after makes...small guards though and can throw over the top. Also noticed they actually switched in last game on 1,5 high ball screen...our bigs will eat up the switch. As I was nodding off I thought I saw them pressure 3/4 court in man. First half in last game never impressed this sleepy guy. Second half they pulled away, but I never saw blazing speed or great size...seemed like 3 pt shots were mostly at baseline. Workhouse player I think was around 6'5"..
But no mitch Richmond

Explosive player with great potential and upside. Jacob gave plenty to this program, just didn't work out. No need to hate, everyone takes a different path.

Not hating, just being real. Hard to believe he was recruited to play high major college basketball. Sorry if that offends you (well, not really).

Not hating, just being real. Hard to believe he was recruited to play high major college basketball. Sorry if that offends you (well, not really).

I think Painter was looking at the supreme athletic ability and thought that with the Purdue work ethic instilled in him, he could turn out to be a player at the 4 that could eat up rebounds, run the floor, and play supreme defense against the pick and roll. He was never going to be great outside of 15 feet, but he could have been a very good player inside of 12 feet had the work ethic been there. Although, that is the same time that the work ethic seemed to be fleeting at Purdue.

Reactions: nagemj02
Purdue needs to get more comfortable in breaking traps and full-court pressure, because UALR is going to do those things on Thursday. If the Boilers are successful in breaking it multiple times, they'll have the tempo and game the way they want it in their halfcourt offense. My guess is that UALR will be very aggressive defensively and take some gambles. Purdue needs to make them pay for overplaying passing lanes and in general.

Purdue needs to get more comfortable in breaking traps and full-court pressure, because UALR is going to do those things on Thursday. If the Boilers are successful in breaking it multiple times, they'll have the tempo and game the way they want it in their halfcourt offense. My guess is that UALR will be very aggressive defensively and take some gambles. Purdue needs to make them pay for overplaying passing lanes and in general.

As I said before, it is vastly different from being pressed by an elite B1G team (Iowa, Whisky, MSU, etc) versus being trapped by a mid-major that isn't a power mid-major like Gonzaga, Wichita St., etc. If Purdue simply plays it's game and handles the press like they should from the start, this game could get ugly like the Illinois game in the BTT. If Purdue allows them to hang around and doesn't handle the press and defend the arc, it could be a long day.

Adding some notes from the other thread to consolodate:

Some notes:
-Overall record 29-4 (conf 15-3)
-Led by seniors:

G Josh Hagins (6'1" averages 12.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1.4 spg) - do it all PG
G/F Roger Woods (6'5" averages 9.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, shoots 55% from field)

other player that plays a lot (30+ min) is a short guard that is a Junior (seems more shooting guard than point based on low assist numbers compared to Hagins)
G Marcus Johnson Jr (5'11" 12.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.6 apg - shoots 46% from 3)

-They are balanced. Leading scorer is 12.8, but 4 or more average 9 ppg or better. So, they don't rely on 1 or 2 players for offense and probably look for the best team shot when they run their offense.
-They have depth. 8 players play 15 min or more. Their 9th plays 13 min/game.
-They are a veteran team. Led by 4 seniors and 9 juniors. Only have 1 sophomore and 2 freshman on roster.
-They're score in the 70s and upper 60s often. Also win games scoring low 50s and 80s. So, it seems they play well at different paces.
-In the games they've lost, they were very close (2 possessions or less). So, they compete. I know the level of competition isn't B1G level, but they have a tough mindset.
-Good shooters. 8 different players on the team shooter 35% or better from 3. 4 different players shooter better than 40%. Could be tough covering them. They'll spread the floor for sure and we'll need to box out well and collect the long rebounds.
-They have 2 players at 6'10" or taller but only 1 plays much at all. Lis Shoshi is 6'11" and weighs 210. Shoshi averages 22 min / game. (He's a little light at 210 lbs., so Hammons/Haas/Biggie should be able to get good position and have a lot of opportunity. Not sure how they defend us down low). Other one doesn't play much (Dan Green - 7 min per game). Isom is 6'9" forward plays 19 min/game. Everyone else is 6'5" or shorter and the 2 guys that play 30+ minutes are 6'1" and 5'11".

I predict a tough, competitive game. We need to focus on limiting our turnovers, rebounding well (especially from their 3 pt shots), defending their 3 pt shooting and keeping their guards in front of us.

We should have (as usual) a significant advantage down low. Feed Hammons/Haas/Biggie and make them pay.

Both teams are deep, so altitude shouldn't be much of a factor.

I'll be honest and admit I haven't seen them play, but good teams from these smaller conferences usually have very quick guards that could be problematic.

I feel like we should win, but it's only one game and you are out. Little Rock is a formidable opponent and should be taken seriously. Boiler Up!

from boilerzz:

More from looking at KenPom data

Strengths:
  • They are good defensively, with the 35th ranked defensive efficiency
  • They are 18th in opponent eFG% and 20th in opponent TO %
  • They are 7th nationally in 3P% defense
  • Offensively, they don't turn the ball over (39th) or get it stolen (6th)
  • They are 22nd in 3P% and 50th in FT%
  • Their 6'9 guy has made 40-95 threes (42.1%) and their center is 11-28 (39.3%) so we have that to contend with
Weaknesses
  • Their frontline depth is non-existent and their bigs foul a lot. Not a good recipe against Purdue
  • They are one of the slowest tempo teams (345th) nationally, which doesn't play well against our halfcourt D
  • Their offensive rebounding is poor (265th) and are below average in allowing offensive rebounds (195th)
  • They don't get to the line much (306th) and send other teams to the line (206th)

Haha doesn't offend me, just see how narrow minded you are with not seeing potential, you are probably the same person who thought JaJuan was not a B1G player.

Basically, P.J. Ray, Vince, Johnny, Dakota, and Ryan need to be ready for the challenge and hold their own vs. UALR's guards and wings (Marcus Johnson, Josh Hagins, Mareik Isom, Jermaine Ruttley, Jalen Jackson, Maurius Hill).

I feel good about Biggie, A.J., and Isaac's chances of performing well head-to-head against Roger Woods, Lis Shoshi, and Daniel Green.

Really tired and fell asleep watching them. Did see them run a 2 2 1 press after makes...small guards though and can throw over the top. Also noticed they actually switched in last game on 1,5 high ball screen...our bigs will eat up the switch. As I was nodding off I thought I saw them pressure 3/4 court in man. First half in last game never impressed this sleepy guy. Second half they pulled away, but I never saw blazing speed or great size...seemed like 3 pt shots were mostly at baseline. Workhouse player I think was around 6'5"..
But no mitch Richmond

I forgot to ask you, did UALR run the 2-2-1 full-court press after EVERY made basket or just sporadically?

Remember when we were beating everyone by like 15-20 in the non-con?? Every game, up 20+?

This game will be like one of those games.

FU Ark-LR.

I know Marcus Johnson can ball. He was one of the JC players last offseason that I was hoping Purdue would recruit. Josh Hagins can play is one of their only 4-year players. They are pretty solid at the guard and wing spots. It's just the power forward and center where Purdue should be much better if Hammons, Swanigan, and Haas "bring it" the way they know they can.

I could see it being a tight game if UALR hits some open threes, drive-and-dish, and create TO's. However, if Purdue's locked-in, they will overcome any of those types of possible miscues and play to their strengths. Keep it simple but adjust and adapt, if need be. Boiler Up

Adding some notes from the other thread to consolodate:

Some notes:
-Overall record 29-4 (conf 15-3)
-Led by seniors:

G Josh Hagins (6'1" averages 12.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1.4 spg) - do it all PG
G/F Roger Woods (6'5" averages 9.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, shoots 55% from field)

other player that plays a lot (30+ min) is a short guard that is a Junior (seems more shooting guard than point based on low assist numbers compared to Hagins)
G Marcus Johnson Jr (5'11" 12.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.6 apg - shoots 46% from 3)

It appears that Roger Woods is basically UALR's version of Caleb Swanigan (a senior, via JC transfer last season). I don't know why he's listed as a guard/forward. He's not a guard. He's their starting 4 and draws the most fouls (or at least, shoots the most FT's of any player on their team). He's about 6'5 and 230 lbs, so head-to-head Biggie has the obvious reach and overall size advantage.

UALR has not played an RPI top 100 team in almost 3 months and has not beaten one in nearly 4. In the early season upsets of SDSU and Tulsa, I can't help but wonder how seriously those teams took UALR, considering they were coming off a 13-18 season. The post game comments from those two games suggest that UALR brought much more energy than either SDSU or Tulsa.

Also, given this was Beard's first year, there wasn't much useful tape for SDSU or Tulsa to scout.

Bring the energy, bring the focus, and this should be a fairly comfortable win.

It appears that Roger Woods is basically UALR's version of Caleb Swanigan (a senior, via JC transfer last season). I don't know why he's listed as a guard/forward. He's not a guard. He's their starting 4 and draws the most fouls (or at least, shoots the most FT's of any player on their team). He's about 6'5 and 230 lbs, so head-to-head Biggie has the obvious reach and overall size advantage.

From the highlights I've seen, he plays like a wing. Shooting 3s, driving to the hoop, etc. If Biggie is guarding him, we need to make sure to help out, because he has trouble staying with stretch 4 / wing type players. On offense, if Biggie is on the floor we need to clear it out and feed him in the post to make them pay. Otherwise, put Vince as the stretch 4.

I forgot to ask you, did UALR run the 2-2-1 full-court press after EVERY made basket or just sporadically?
every make...probably every time they can set the press. Again, I missed most the second half and was sleepy. I don't fear their press...and I think it is the press that is played in a close game for a few minutes that is the issue, not all game as Purdue will adjust. The guards are much smaller than Big guards and did not seem that fast. I think Purdue can go over the top if a trap is attempted. I'll also add that I never saw them play it aggressive...perhaps that was teh second half? they may have just taken the first half to see how the team was going to break the press before going hard?

From the highlights I've seen, he plays like a wing. Shooting 3s, driving to the hoop, etc. If Biggie is guarding him, we need to make sure to help out, because he has trouble staying with stretch 4 / wing type players. On offense, if Biggie is on the floor we need to clear it out and feed him in the post to make them pay. Otherwise, put Vince as the stretch 4.
He was a work horse, but not sure I saw a great athlete...

I went back and watched Little Rock in their championship game. Here is what I got from it.
they seemed to press some. Full court sometimes
not a big team. Biggest guy is 6-11
guard seemed to be good at passing the ball. Nice assist
overall seemed like a smart team

I haven't seen a lick of Little Rock, so that's interesting & not what I would have expected given Woods' numbers. Woods has only 28 3PA on the season (< 1 per game) and his 55.6% FG would lead me to believe he shoots most of his shots in close. His 3Pt % indicates he's a capable shooter, so I would imagine he has the green light if he's left alone out there.

Are these the defensive assignments most are expecting to start the game?
Ray on Hagins
PJT on Johnson
AJH on Shoshi
Vince on Isom
Biggie on Woods

If he is a guy like that, more than likely Vince will slide to cover him while Biggie will guard the least threatening outside scoring threat. Purdue did this with both Illinois and Michigan and had a lot of success with it. Even AJ stepped outside to guard a smaller player that wasn't a threat. I am guessing that is what will happen again against Little Rock.

Reactions: tjreese
If he is a guy like that, more than likely Vince will slide to cover him while Biggie will guard the least threatening outside scoring threat. Purdue did this with both Illinois and Michigan and had a lot of success with it. Even AJ stepped outside to guard a smaller player that wasn't a threat. I am guessing that is what will happen again against Little Rock.
we did it some with Rutgers too

Reactions: tjreese
every make...probably every time they can set the press. Again, I missed most the second half and was sleepy. I don't fear their press...and I think it is the press that is played in a close game for a few minutes that is the issue, not all game as Purdue will adjust. The guards are much smaller than Big guards and did not seem that fast. I think Purdue can go over the top if a trap is attempted. I'll also add that I never saw them play it aggressive...perhaps that was teh second half? they may have just taken the first half to see how the team was going to break the press before going hard?

That should be something they will simulate in practice today. They seem to have at least two set-up plays for inbounding the ball. I wonder if the coaching staff has added more to their arsenal. They also need to realize that the in-bounder can move around to inbound it after every make (it seems like they forget at times).

I haven't seen a lick of Little Rock, so that's interesting & not what I would have expected given Woods' numbers. Woods has only 28 3PA on the season (< 1 per game) and his 55.6% FG would lead me to believe he shoots most of his shots in close. His 3Pt % indicates he's a capable shooter, so I would imagine he has the green light if he's left alone out there.

Are these the defensive assignments most are expecting to start the game?
Ray on Hagins
PJT on Johnson
AJH on Shoshi
Vince on Isom
Biggie on Woods

That's what I would expect, but from what I've looked at, it seems like Marcus Johnson has been playing better as of late, so I don't know who would be the better man matchup on him between Davis and Thompson. Thompson is similarly-sized, but Davis might cover Johnson better. Josh Hagins is more of the PG between him and Marcus Johnson, but I think Johnson can handle it as well.

That should be something they will simulate in practice today. They seem to have at least two set-up plays for inbounding the ball. I wonder if the coaching staff has added more to their arsenal. They also need to realize that the in-bounder can move around to inbound it after every make (it seems like they forget at times).
teams of their lower caliber would not try to press a top Big Ten team due to the fact they will get burned more often than not, especially knowing that our bigs can run the court with the best of them.

Their center (European big guy Lis Shoshi) and Roger Woods (PF/"stretch 4"/whatever he is) are their two least effective 3PT shooters (stat-wise) of their regular starters.

Last edited:
Reactions: honey_badger
Actually they did run the baseline against either Wisconsin or Northwestern. In a 2-2-1 press the ball is allowed inbounds rather than a couple of odd front zone presses that guard teh triggerman

Reactions: honey_badger
UALR is a good team in their conference only. they wouldn't last a week in the big ten. Rutgers level play.

Actually they did run the baseline against either Wisconsin or Northwestern. In a 2-2-1 press the ball is allowed inbounds rather than a couple of odd front zone presses that guard teh triggerman

Was that the only style of trapping or pressing UALR used after made baskets or did they use other trapping formations?

Turnovers and rebounds.

LR thrives on turnovers. We have struggled. Gotta keep them down. It doesn't matter that they aren't in the Big Ten. How good you are at press/trapping has nothing to do with what conference you are in. Michigan tried to press us at Mackey and it was a disaster for them - so much so we didn't see it at all in the tournament. They are gonna be a scrappy and aggressive bunch - no matter what name is on their jersey, that has caused us problems this year.

Rebounding is something we're very good at and LR is very bad at. Out rebounding them by 15-20 is what we should do. We have to crash the boards. If they start getting offensive rebounds and such, it could turn into a long afternoon.

Stay out of foul trouble. This is not the game for AJ to get 2 quick fouls (not that any game is). We cannot let them dictate this game.

Do these things and as long as they don't shoot out of their minds, we should be in a good spot.

But no mitch Richmond

From NBCsports
Arkansas-Little Rock: There isn’t much that is flashy about the Trojans. But there is substance in what Arkansas-Little Rock has accomplished. Picking up 29 wins is impressive, especially since 12 of them came on the road. The Trojans also beat schools like Tulsa, San Diego State and DePaul on the road and also lost at Texas Tech, so they’ve been tested. Arkansas-Little Rock also loves to dictate a slow tempo, as they’re 345th in adjusted tempo, per KenPom. That slow pace helps the Trojans allow 59.9 points per game, which is third in the country.

That doesn't sound like a team that should beat Purdue. Those 4 schools they played are not the same caliber as Purdue.

The only scary thing is a huge difference in the 3 point efficency, but the Boilers should be able to pull away at some point.

Was that the only style of trapping or pressing UALR used after made baskets or did they use other trapping formations?
Again, I was wore out and tried watching it and fell asleep sitting up at my desk. I only saw the 2-2-1, but did see them pick up in 3/4 court in man. Not a lot of teams run different presses and so I expect to see the 2-2-1 and maybe some man pressure. I was too sleepy to see if once they broke through the 2-2-1 if they took the guy closest to them to guard until they switch later or stayed with them. They also could have matched somewhat in a man and aligned in a 2-2-1 knowing how that team aligned their players...but doubt that. I suspect 2-2-1 (not aggressive) and then picking up the man D after. when I saw it I ever saw an aggressive press and the other team easily got it in the middle of the press. I don't expect a turnover problem and if overly aggressive on D without success that is even more shortage of the thin air for them... :)

From NBCsports
Arkansas-Little Rock: There isn’t much that is flashy about the Trojans. But there is substance in what Arkansas-Little Rock has accomplished. Picking up 29 wins is impressive, especially since 12 of them came on the road. The Trojans also beat schools like Tulsa, San Diego State and DePaul on the road and also lost at Texas Tech, so they’ve been tested. Arkansas-Little Rock also loves to dictate a slow tempo, as they’re 345th in adjusted tempo, per KenPom. That slow pace helps the Trojans allow 59.9 points per game, which is third in the country.

That doesn't sound like a team that should beat Purdue. Those 4 schools they played are not the same caliber as Purdue.

The only scary thing is a huge difference in the 3 point efficency, but the Boilers should be able to pull away at some point.
other than PJ, they will have a size problem at all locations. Tempo and a slow paced offense will also allow Purdue to set the D. I don't expect a problem...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT