ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Nebraska Game Thread

The (recently) most maligned players on the team.

I'm sure the rest of the team, who practice with these guys every day, are happy for them, but not surprised.
No reason for anybody/everybody in the program or supporting it not to be happy for those guys...or, just the team in general.

This team has flaws, no doubt about it...so do some individuals...but, they are resilient, individually and collectively...they genuinely give their best, and, there is nobody that wants to have success more than they do...again, individually and collectively.

There is NOBODY that saw the success of this season coming...nor should they have seen it for that matter, but, man has it been enjoyable...in part because of it being unexpected.

No reason for anybody/everybody in the program or supporting it not to be happy for those guys...or, just the team in general.

This team has flaws, no doubt about it...so do some individuals...but, they are resilient, individually and collectively...they genuinely give their best, and, there is nobody that wants to have success more than they do...again, individually and collectively.

There is NOBODY that saw the success of this season coming...nor should they have seen it for that matter, but, man has it been enjoyable...in part because of it being unexpected.
The highlight for me other than the final score was the genuine happiness by Jaden when Sasha hit his first

I am very happy to be proven wrong by Sasha, in Matt I should trust!!
Every team knew Sasha could go off any minute and defended accordingly.. having Sasha and wheeler contribute as they did will put a bit quicker step for both leading into the next game. Like DAG10 said, this group of players mentally are a team. Matt has recruited some quality individuals that happen to be good basketball players

I thought Edey did ok too.......am I wrong......he was fouled alot with no calls imo

I thought Edey played very well today. He seemed to dominate when he was in there.

Looked fairly comfortable and had some nice boards, IMO.....kept the ball high, and no turnovers. And yes, Huskers were constantly buzzing around him, but the Zachen brushed them off.

Yes - TJ....a huge luxury, especially on those days where Big Tre is just slightly off or picks up a couple of early fouls.
Yep, Purdue can still play through the low post. Zach covers so much more distance to rebound and growing on his scoring. Quite a steal for Matt. Now if we could only see Ethan have a game to make him feel good as well

SUCH a double standard in how the game is called against him vs for him.
I think things have changed from the beginning of the year. Both with the way he's playing and the way the refs are calling things on/for him. He has adjusted his game and they are letting him play more.

Very huge 😁
iu

I think things have changed from the beginning of the year. Both with the way he's playing and the way the refs are calling things on/for him. He has adjusted his game and they are letting him play more.
He still gets called for some soft fouls while trying to establish position...especially from "little" refs seemingly, and, he is forced to absorb far more contact than literally anyone else in the conference. If he received the TJD treatment, he would shoot 20+ FTs each game. Nobody is forced to play through more contact than Zach...while establishing position, upon receiving any entry pass, and, when making a move of any sort.

To his credit, he is so balanced emotionally that nobody knows if it genuinely bothers him or not.

A legit steal from a recruiting standpoint, and, a young man that seems to very much have the right mindset, mental make-up and desire to not just improve, but, dominate.

Yep, Purdue can still play through the low post. Zach covers so much more distance to rebound and growing on his scoring. Quite a steal for Matt. Now if we could only see Ethan have a game to make him feel good as well
I too believe that it is coming, and, if so, no better time than heading into the stretch.

Even if it is not until next year...he has benefited from his time on the floor this year, and, just being a part of what has happened/is happening.

That said, it is refreshing that he has not tried to force things...he stays within his role generally, and, he has been so engaged on the sideline and as a teammate.

They lack talent at a crucial position though, and, that is on the sideline.

It is painful as someone that can't stand IU to listen to Archie...I could not imagine having to do it as an actual fan of the program.

The guy is literally just lost.

If there was ever anyone other than Charlie Weis or Gerry Faust at ND that I would relish seeing a lifetime contract for, it is Archie at IU.
IU has had top 3 recruiting classes in the B1G every year for decades. They all brag about how they get most of the Indiana Mr. Basketballs. They get more McD AAs than any other B1G team. Then they whine that they don't have enough talent to beat other teams in the B1G. :eek:

I thought today's refs were fine, usually I'm with you on Bo, today he was fine for the most part. I like games where there's not tons of fouls, let them play.
Overall it was a normally called game, but I rewatched it today and saw some unbelievably bad calls. The phantom infractions make me shake my head. There was a travel call against Hunter in the 2nd half that was incredibly bad.

One of my complaints recently is that when a player is fouled in the act of scoring, the officials immediately go to a TV timeout before the and-one free throw is shot. That's exactly what the opposing coach would do to freeze the shooter. It happened to Purdue 3 times yesterday. Purdue went 1-2 on those FTs.

Overall it was a normally called game, but I rewatched it today and saw some unbelievably bad calls. The phantom infractions make me shake my head. There was a travel call against Hunter in the 2nd half that was incredibly bad.

One of my complaints recently is that when a player is fouled in the act of scoring, the officials immediately go to a TV timeout before the and-one free throw is shot. That's exactly what the opposing coach would do to freeze the shooter. It happened to Purdue 3 times yesterday. Purdue went 1-2 on those FTs.
Did they concede the other one?

I saw a blatantly missed Nebraska out of bounds in the first half as they got a defensive rebound. They ended up scoring on their possession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT