ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Nebraska Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
The Purdue Boilermakers are in Lincoln, Nebraska today for a late afternoon conference battle with the Nebraska Cornhuskers. This is the first meeting between the two teams this year, as the regularly scheduled game last month @ Purdue was postponed as part of Nebraska's pause for COVID-19 protocols. Purdue is currently 14-8 overall, 9-6 in conference, in 5th place while Nebraska has struggled with just one conference win and five overall (5-14, 1-11). The Cornhuskers have played better of late getting their only conference win last week @ Penn State and also taking Illinois to overtime.

Teddy Allen leads Nebraska, averaging 16.2 points and 4.7 rebounds, and I would expect he'll make one of the all-conference teams. Delan Banton has put up 10.8 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists. If the Boilers can contain those two, they'll put a lot of pressure on the rest of the Huskers squad. The Boilers have lost two of their last three games @ Nebraska, and they've been a little inconsistent on the road this season. They really need to get off to a good start and find a rhythm with their shooting. When they do that, they have been very formidable. Purdue has also improved lately with limiting turnovers - that will need to continue today, as Nebraska leads the conference in possessions per game with 72.1.

If Purdue plays their game and keeps up the intensity, they will be in good shape. However, inconsistent play could lead to problems - and Purdue has dropped its last two road games @ Minnesota and Maryland. This is the start of the home-stretch for the conference season, and Purdue is positioned well, but there is plenty of work to be done for a strong finish. Can the Boilers get back to basics and their winning ways away from Mackey Arena? We shall see....scheduled tip coming up in less than an hour @ 5:30 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on the Big Ten Network.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT