ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue @ PSU WVB

Purdue takes the 3rd set 29-23, Very tight the entire set. Mruzik (best player for U of M last year who transferred via portal) has 19 kills and is hard to stop in system. Hudson has 13 kills and Chicoine 13. Colvin is coming alive with 5 kills and 6 blocks but 4 errors. Anyone’s match.

PURDUE WINS IN 4 taking 4th set 25-22. Mruzik had 27 kills but Hudson (19) and Chicoine (20) were too much. Purdue hit 0.248 to the Nitts O.185. Only the 5th time ever that the Boilers have won at PSU. This week should help our national rankings and RPI.

Reactions: rgarlitz and DocRon
Purdue takes the 3rd set 29-23, Very tight the entire set. Mruzik (best player for U of M last year who transferred via portal) has 19 kills and is hard to stop in system. Hudson has 13 kills and Chicoine 13. Colvin is coming alive with 5 kills and 6 blocks but 4 errors. Anyone’s match.

Last edited:
Purdue started out with a negative hitting percentage in set 1, but improved noticeably in each set and hit 0.485 in set 4!
Won the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sets by 2, 2, and 3 points. Teams were pretty evenly matched with a ton of ties and lead changes. I was impressed today by the team’s confidence. Fantastic win to take it in 4 sets on their home court. They looked very good today and stayed in 4th place all alone. The TV broadcast keep showing PSU’s National Championship banners. Nice to beat one of the blue bloods.

My only volleyball game I have ever watched at Purdue was in the early 2000s against PSU close to a year they won the NCAA. It was a 3 set straight victory and I think Purdue only got to double digits in points in one of the sets. Penn St could have played in their street clothes for all the effort they seemed to need to put into it.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT