ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State @ Purdue WVB

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Nice start winning the first set 25-17. Myers having a good set. PSU hitters making many errors.

Heaney went off mid-match limping - maybe rolled her ankle? Rastovski doing well replacing her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilermb
Purdue decimates the Lions in the 2nd set 25-15., Eight total blocks to 4 for Penn State who leads the B1G in blks. Boilers for the match hitting 0.333 compared to PSU's 0.088.

Chicoine with 13 kills with 2 errors. Hudson has 10 kills with no errors and Lourdes Myers has 6 kills and, again, no errors.

Just so there is no reverse sweep. Sole possession of third place up for grabs.

Last edited:
And we go to a 5th set with Penn State winning 25-20. PSU hitting 0.390 Purdue'a 0.231 in that set.

Chicoine has 23 kills with 4 errors and Hudson 22 with 7nerrors. Mruzik has 23 with 6 errors. Schermerhorn has 25 digs to tie her season's high.

PSU comes out of TO scoring 4 straight pts including 2 ACES. TO by Purdue who is now behind 6-7.

Last edited:
Purdue wins set 15-12 and the match 3-2 to remain perfect in 5 set matches. Chicoine has career high 27 kills with only 4 errors. Schermerhorn has season high 27 digs. Eva Hudson had 24 kills with 7 errors and Myers 9 kills with zero errors. Purdue had 12 blocks for the set as did league-leading PSU.

Sole owner of 3rd place, Boilers!

Just hoping that Heaney is Okay.

Not able to follow this match til the 5th set. Then only via the “stats broadcast” feed, which is nerve-wracking when it’s close like this. I wondered why Heaney wasn’t in but glad to see Rastovski apparently did well and logged some meaningful minutes. Coach has commented more than once that she has a good arm
I saw a highlight kill of hers on Twi-X and it looked like a heater.
Good win. I didn’t realize that puts them in solo 3rd in the Big10. Still some killer matches remain on Purdue’s schedule. Great to see them dig deep (no pun intended) and pull this one out

Reactions: DocRon
Purdue wins set 15-12 and the match 3-2 to remain perfect in 5 set matches. Chicoine has career high 27 kills with only 4 errors. Schermerhorn has season high 27 digs. Eva Hudson had 24 kills with 7 errors and Myers 9 kills with zero errors. Purdue had 12 blocks for the set as did league-leading PSU.

Purdue decimates the Lions in the 2nd set 25-15., Eight total blocks to 4 for Penn State who leads the B1G in blks. Boilers for the match hitting 0.333 compared to PSU's 0.088.

Chicoine with 13 kills with 2 errors. Hudson has 10 kills with no errors and Lourdes Myers has 6 kills and, again, no errors.

Just so there is no reverse sweep. Sole possession of third place up for grabs.

Reactions: DocRon

Not able to follow this match til the 5th set. Then only via the “stats broadcast” feed, which is nerve-wracking when it’s close like this. I wondered why Heaney wasn’t in but glad to see Rastovski apparently did well and logged some meaningful minutes. Coach has commented more than once that she has a good arm
I saw a highlight kill of hers on Twi-X and it looked like a heater.
Good win. I didn’t realize that puts them in solo 3rd in the Big10. Still some killer matches remain on Purdue’s schedule. Great to see them dig deep (no pun intended) and pull this one out
You can see Rastovski has a good arm, but not as effective today ending up with only a .100 hitting percentage.

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
Heaney was walking through the handshake line in a foot/ankle boot. I’m hoping the fact that she was walking is a good sign.
She came back out of the locker room walking gingerly after her injury. She tried standing with the team in the corner but soon had to sit down. She then put an ice pack on her foot/ankle and then put on the boot. Kane and Rastovski were teasing her about the boot when she first put it on, hope that is a sign it’s not too serious.

Helluve accomplishment sweeping Penn State, would love to get a seeding in the 12-14 range come selection time, some really good wins with a difficult schedule might accomplish that, the at Minny match is huge. The Loyola, USC, NW loses still smart a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT