ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue or Illinois

I know at Ball State for a long time after they dropped guaranteed admission for Indiana HS graduates and became selective, if there were two kids basically equal they took the out of state kid. I'm guessing that was true at many public schools. I do know that the former President was told to stop that practice or risk losing funding.
I was representing Purdue at a New England prep school college fair a few weeks ago and I was surprised to see the student population is down to only about 50% Indiana students. The overall quality of student has increased but at the sacrifice of local kids on campus. As a land grant school, I have mixed feelings about that. But I get it. One way we are holding tuition at a fixed cost is by changing the mix of in state versus out of state.

Reactions: Heller
I was representing Purdue at a New England prep school college fair a few weeks ago and I was surprised to see the student population is down to only about 50% Indiana students. The overall quality of student has increased but at the sacrifice of local kids on campus. As a land grant school, I have mixed feelings about that. But I get it. One way we are holding tuition at a fixed cost is by changing the mix of in state versus out of state.

Another way Purdue is balancing the freeze is by simply accepting more students.

How much funding does Purdue receive from the state of Indiana?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT