ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue lands 2025 four-star CB

If this is true why do we see Walters on the sideline during timeouts talking to the guy holding the yard marker and not interacting with players at all. He pretty much did that all season.
Honestly, I haven’t watched him during game day. Interesting to find out more. His style not interacting with players DURING the game and let the coaches do the work? Walters does resonate with these kids on visits and at games (as recruits). I’d like more info….thanks for the post.

If this is true why do we see Walters on the sideline during timeouts talking to the guy holding the yard marker and not interacting with players at all. He pretty much did that all season.
James Franklin does the same

So what exactly is your solution? What exactly would you have the coaches do right now instead of recruit players? I hear you complaining, but not hearing any solutions from you.
I have said it a 100 times, Purdue should bring in a older retired coach to mentor Walters to help him grow and mature as a head coach. No point in navigating those waters first time by yourself.

I have said it a 100 times, Purdue should bring in an older retired coach to mentor Walters to help him grow and mature as a head coach. No point in navigating those waters first time by yourself.
I would agree. But many of Walter’s assistants did arrive at Purdue with some experience. The question is how much mentoring are they providing Walters.

I will add to be a successful recruiter, typically it is your assistant coaches who are the most influential in gaining the interest of the recruit. It has been said that TEs and Olineman like Iowa because of their assistant line coach. They sure wouldn’t go to Iowa because of their overall offensive play calling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT