ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is about to own Phoenix

very very cool :)
My sister is going and i said one big difference - not going to be like a home game like it was in Detroit.
Would love to be wrong about that!

Reactions: Purdue0023
In addition to the tickets sold to Indiana residents, I would bet we have more alums out west than the other schools also.

Great point.

For the Foster Farms bowl game in Santa Clara, CA in 2017, we outnumbered Arizona fans 2-1. It was a great showing. And all the Purdue fans we spoke with seemed to be from California or elsewhere out west.

The more time goes by, the more this is the case. Just look at the percentage of students who are classified as residents instead of international or out-of-state compared to in the past. The quality of Purdue's programs mean that upon graduation, alumni take great opportunities all across the globe. Much different than 40 years ago.

Purdue also had the benefit of going into the year with an expectation of being a national title contender so people were St least mentally prepared to pull the trigger

Does anyone know what time the Purdue Rally is on Saturday. I heard its at the Hyatt Regency downtown which is cool for me because I worked there 20 years ago.

My itinerary says:
11:15am Bus Transportation to State Farm Stadium
12-2pm Purdue For Life Foundation Pregame

There are 3 Purdue Hotels, the Hyatt, Omni, and Westin.

I hiked Camelback Mountain this morning wearing a Purdue t-shirt. I exchanged eight "Boiler Ups" during the short hike with other Purdue fans. Everyone fan I talked to indicated they were going to the game. No, comments about my shirt from other team's fans. Also, I didn't see any other teams represented (at least with shirts.)

a lot closer than Hawaii and that was an awesome trip. Landing there tomorrow. Official fire-up place for Friday night? We are staying in Paradise Valley just north of Scottsdale...

A simple gesture that builds community is saying "Boiler Up" to fellow Purdue-attire wearing individuals.

Did this on my way to Michigan and it makes gorgeous a more pleasant trip.

The Purdue open practice will take place at State Farm Stadium on Friday at noon Phoenix time. The event is free and open to the public. There is also free parking at State Farm Stadium for this event.

To anyone that is out there already, of the FF team’ fans, are you seeing more Purdue gear than the other 3 schools?

Reactions: Woodsa
Very exciting. I'm having a Purdue "book reading" party because I did know if watching the game un a group is legal?

I'm up to 16 people wearing Gold and Black Purdue gear for our book reading.

Flew out of Indy on Thursday on Southwest. Flight attendant started the “Whose House” chant and the whole plane finished it for her. Awesome experience!
I wonder if she just knew or was a Purdue fan? Maybe the pilot had Purdue connection?

Saw a post that David Jenkins and Brandon Newman are in Phoenix to cheer on Purdue.

If that doesn’t speak volumes of our culture…
No doubt they want to see Purdue due well. I totally understand why Brandon left, but I suspect as he looks back on leaving...even knowing he needed to do such to know for sure a part of him wishes he was with the team right now

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It’s great that Purdue will likely have the most fans. They need to as the crowd for the other three teams will root for NCState ( UConn and Alabama fans figuring NCS would be easier out), I have seen this before. Local Phoenix folks likely to root for the underdog. Having said this, they ( other than NCS fans) won’t have the intensity of Purdue fans.

It’s great that Purdue will likely have the most fans. They need to as the crowd for the other three teams will root for NCState ( UConn and Alabama fans figuring NCS would be easier out), I have seen this before. Local Phoenix folks likely to root for the underdog. Having said this, they ( other than NCS fans) won’t have the intensity of Purdue fans.
In detroit where we outnumbered TN fans by a LOT, they were very loud at the beginning of the game. Arguably close to as loud. Was only as the game went on and was Close that the Boiler fans kept amping it up until eventually it felt like Mackey. I think everyone realizing as it went on that we needed to be louder to get to that "rev up my metabolism" level of noise that seems to energize a team. Hope we can get there in AZ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT