ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next Commit

I hope people that say some recruits aren't ready to play in the BIg 10 and need all this work, know what they are talking about. Had a guy in my school, was recruited by Ohio State and others, he went to IU, was all Big ten Full back, and one of the know nothing assistant coaches at my high school said he would never make it as a running back, maybe a linebacker. What happens is what counts not someone's opinion of a high school player.

Only time will tell, but I think he has done a great job. You have to realize most all of these 4 star guys are already committed and have been for months now. It doesn't matter who the coach is, kids aren't leaving commitments at powerhouse programs to come to Purdue right now. The uncommitted ones are deciding between Georgia and Michigan right now. You should be impressed he got three guys immediately that have other solid offers- we are in desperate need to depth. I suspect most [realistic fans] will be very happy with next years recruiting class that will be ranked nationally somewhere in the 40's.

People that think Les Miles was going to bring half his recruiting class of four and five star athletes are out of their mind.

I believe most Purdue fans including myself would be very happy if our recruiting class next year ended up being ranked in the mid 40's. But this year's class is currently ranked #63. and 13th in the BIG 10. I was kind of hoping giving Brohm 6 weeks, this year's class might find it's way to be in the 40's as well. It's not that unrealistic. Illinois is currently ranked #41 with 17 recruits with zero 4 or 5 star recruits. All Brohm has to do is add 1-2 4* and 3-4 high ranking 3 * recruits, and Purdue could break the top 50 this year. Adding Jones, White and Moore could get us close. My dreams are not too unrealistic.

Saying someone needs a redshirt year to change their body or add muscle is one thing. Saying somoene needs to learn to give consistent effort is another IMO. Ill take the first one without issue. Purdue is a developmental program and always will be. The second one scares me.

I believe most Purdue fans including myself would be very happy if our recruiting class next year ended up being ranked in the mid 40's. But this year's class is currently ranked #63. and 13th in the BIG 10. I was kind of hoping giving Brohm 6 weeks, this year's class might find it's way to be in the 40's as well. It's not that unrealistic. Illinois is currently ranked #41 with 17 recruits with zero 4 or 5 star recruits. All Brohm has to do is add 1-2 4* and 3-4 high ranking 3 * recruits, and Purdue could break the top 50 this year. Adding Jones, White and Moore could get us close. My dreams are not too unrealistic.

Getting into the 50s is realistic. I doubt they land any 4 stars.

Keep in mind people...CJB took the job Dec 5th and National Signing Day is Feb 1st. That is less than 2 months...and some people are expecting him to pull in 4* recruits. Let me be the first to tell you...that's not happening. We all know that assistant coaches handle majority of the recruiting and we haven't even hired a staff yet. So we are counting on CJB, Shephard and possibly Parker to pull in these top rated recruits. Let me know when you all wake up. Please guys, Let CJB get his staff together, which I'm sure will include a bunch of great recruiters as well as good ball coaches and give him some time to build his program. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

Yee of so little faith and confidence. Brohm just targeted and offered former 4* Safety Mykelti Williams. You may remember him. Hazell recuited him. . he attended a Purdue camp, and when Notre dame offered, he jumped at the opportunity to play there. he redshirted his first year, and then transferred to an a juco college last year.

I continue to have faith and high expectations for Brohm. No, he probably wo sign 10 4* players this month, but he's got his eyes open. Mykelti Williams is a start! I'm confident before 1 February, Brohm will land another star. or at least he will be trying. which is more than some of you expect.

Rome is a big city. I'm awake. Brohm is NOT like Hazell. he wants to win. and he knows what it takes to do so. Why did Mykelti Williams leave Notre Dame ? it doesn't really matter. he's now on Brohm's radar, so I trust Brohm . He hasn't signed yet, but Brohm is doing a pretty good job of recruiting without a coaching staff helping him.

I looked at Mykelti Williams' original recruitment. he had offers from over 10 power 5 schools. he is the type of player we should be going after. I noticed after his year at juco, Minn just offered him and we're targeting him.

I've got very high expectations of Brohm and Purdue football. Signing Mykelti Williams would be a great addition. It's a step and a sign we're I n the right direction.

The "Next Commit Prediction" summary is below. Apologies in advance if I missed some. Also, they are listed in the order in which they were posted. Thus, oldest predictions come first.

StateStreet123: BJ Sharpe
General1061: Jarell White
GKMorris: George Moore
Wolegib: George Moore
PABoiler: George Moore
Bullhorn99: George Moore
Boilers800: Giovanni Hightower *winner winner chicken dinner*
OhioBoiler3: Jarell White
Heiner: Nick Holt (not really a 'recruit' per se, but the non-to-stringent judges have voted to accept it)
StickPurdue: Jarell White
BullwhipGriffith: Anthony Palomares
ChuckJr: Jarell White
Nobody (why not): Mykelti Williams

Up-to-date observations:

- George Moore has hit the big-time with offers from UCLA and tons of other big schools. It seems like he may stay out west although I have no credible info.

- Cincinnati/Fickell is making a HUGE push at Jarell White. I still think he will come to Purdue (maybe just my huge hope vs any credible info).

- Palomares appears Purdue's to lose as he stated he wants to commit on his visit around January 13 as long as the offer is still good.

- I have read ZERO updates on BJ Sharpe.

- The one interesting OMISSIONS in all our predictions: Former Domer and Warren Central player Mykelti Williams. Tea leaves say he is coming to Purdue!

- Nick Holt: Lol at the prediction as a recruit but we may find out REALLY soon one way or the other.

Finally and to state the obvious, I think January 13 weekend is going to be HUGE as that is when many players are visiting. That is immediately after the dead period ends.

BOILER UP!

With the dead period ending and visits starting in mid January my guess that we will have some "ties"....unless we count who confirms their commitment on Twitter first :)....if we don't count Nick Holt

Not excited about this signing. He only had one other offer and it was from Tulane I believe. 2 stars. Don't think he can contribute. Actually very disappointed in this offer.
You are not excited you say? Hmm...he is a big OL that is first team JC All-American, and we desperately need OL, yet you're not excited...what do you want, egg in your beer?

You are not excited you say? Hmm...he is a big OL that is first team JC All-American, and we desperately need OL, yet you're not excited...what do you want, egg in your beer?

I would rather have Moore. It may be unrealistic, when we are a guys only major program offer, that has that DH type offer stink all over it. The majority of the time, that hasn't worked out. He may be a good kid, and he may pan out, but it feels like settling. We don't need any more two star recruits with no other major offers. I know Oline is a need, and it may be just a stop gap, but we could have waited in this kid. No offers coming in. Save him as a backup plan.

Reactions: PurduePeteBsie87
I would rather have Moore. It may be unrealistic, when we are a guys only major program offer, that has that DH type offer stink all over it. The majority of the time, that hasn't worked out. He may be a good kid, and he may pan out, but it feels like settling. We don't need any more two star recruits with no other major offers. I know Oline is a need, and it may be just a stop gap, but we could have waited in this kid. No offers coming in. Save him as a backup plan.
I would rather have both, but first team JC All-American is as high of a rating as you can get for a JC. we need a lot of OL. We need starters and back ups. Not having depth at OL has been such a killer for us.

Reactions: Bippus33

Considering he hasn't committed yet, I'd say Brohm is waiting. He probably has a conditional offer or else he'd already be on board from the article. These juco players only tie up two seasons while the younger guys can redshirt to get stronger. Depth is needed badly and I'm guessing that's what this is. Jason King seemed to think jalen Neal may be a factor, but that'd be a huge surprise if true.

Considering he hasn't committed yet, I'd say Brohm is waiting. He probably has a conditional offer or else he'd already be on board from the article. These juco players only tie up two seasons while the younger guys can redshirt to get stronger. Depth is needed badly and I'm guessing that's what this is. Jason King seemed to think jalen Neal may be a factor, but that'd be a huge surprise if true.

He got the offer during the dead period where he can't sign yet. It opens back up in a few weeks and he is expected to sign as soon as he is able to do so.

He got the offer during the dead period where he can't sign yet. It opens back up in a few weeks and he is expected to sign as soon as he is able to do so.

He can't sign until February. If he's a mid-year guy he will just enroll, as the signing period passed for mid-year players.

If he's a summer enrollee, then he falls under the same rules for signing in February. He can verbally commit at any time.

He can't sign until February. If he's a mid-year guy he will just enroll, as the signing period passed for mid-year players.

If he's a summer enrollee, then he falls under the same rules for signing in February. He can verbally commit at any time.
He has said he wants to come to Purdue, but he also said he wants to visit first and will commit during the visit. His visit is on 1/13, I don't think he is a mid year guy.

Nothing against Anthony Polamares. But I sure hope we have another commitment before he visits on 1/13.

Do anyone know when or if Coach Brohm will bring any coaches from WKU over (Holt-DC; Barclay-RB; Levine-Spec Team; Brian Brohm-QB and Co-OC)?

FYI -

Your commit, Giovanni Hightower, was just named an all-state offensive lineman for Division II-AA in Tennessee. The interesting thing is he is being recruited as a DE.

FYI -

Your commit, Giovanni Hightower, was just named an all-state offensive lineman for Division II-AA in Tennessee. The interesting thing is he is being recruited as a DE.
It's always great when you can get versatile and athletic recruits like Giovanni Hightower. If we land Justin Harris, we will have added Hightower, Higgins and Harris--all DE's, and all athletic.

Reactions: Bippus33
FYI -

thanks for all the info Dog, you seem like a decent poster from the other side.

Reactions: IUHDog
Don't know how much juco recruiting Brohm did at WKU but sems like this is the only way he's gonna turn the program around. Seems like he's already pulled in some talented guys that deserve a second chance, it would be huge if he gets that Williams kid to sign.

With the dead period ending and visits starting in mid January my guess that we will have some "ties"....unless we count who confirms their commitment on Twitter first :)....if we don't count Nick Holt

Sorry for delayed response but New Year's got in the way! DJ Edwards is exciting - especially since he is joining mid-year. But nobody can thump their chest on this one since he was not predicted. Good news is all predictions are still valid for the 'next commit up'!

My early prediction of BJ Sharpe looks really bad as I have read his name exactly nowhere. And I agree about the Jan13 flurry - that could be hard to judge a winner between us. I foresee much controversy in the judging but we will figure it out. FYI -Boilers800 was the first winner with his Hightower prediction - he is on record again with Palomares next.

I think the top of my wish list is to get White and Williams!

thanks for all the info Dog, you seem like a decent poster from the other side.

I'm not that decent.....;) But I know Giovanni's family, and have watched him play for years, so I'll hang around here occasionally to discuss his progression. I have great hopes for him to do well at Purdue. The first Bucket game in which he plays I hope he gets three tackles for loss and a fumble recovery, but IU wins the game by 17. :) Happy New Year!

Reactions: StateStreet123
It would be interesting to find out what positions Purdue and Cincy are trying to recruit White to play. when I look at his high school career, he played LB and RB. But I've heard Purdue is recruiting him as a db, possibly strong safety. I'd like to know what position Cincy is recruiting him for. And what his interests/desires are.

Think it's Purdue?

It is probably Cincinnati. He has been liking and retweeting a lot of the home town hero stuff. As odd as this may sound, I think Purdue is in a better place going forward than Cincinnati, but they offer a lot of the same things. If he has it in his head he wants to stay home, then there is nothing Purdue can do. It's too bad because he has good instincts on the defensive side of the ball.

No good guess. Cincy seems to really want him and may let him pick his position to land him so if he really wants to be a RB and Brohm sees him as a safety we may lose out

General1061: Jarell White - XXXXXXXXXXXX

Boilers800: Giovanni Hightower *winner winner chicken dinner* 1st place
OhioBoiler3: Jarell White- XXXXXXXXXXXX
Heiner: Nick Holt (not really a 'recruit' per se, but the non-to-stringent judges have voted to accept it) "winner winner* 2nd place
StickPurdue: Jarell White- XXXXXXXXXXXX
ChuckJr: Jarell White- XXXXXXXXXXXX

Looks like we are down to BJ Sharpe, George Moore, and Anthony Palomares for 3rd place. After much controversy the judges decided to award the prediction of Nick Holt the runner-up ribbon. Much congratulations to Heiner.

Tea leaves are looking favorable for Mykeltia, Sharpe, and Palomares. Anyone else hearing strong possibilities?

FYI - It doesn't appear as if White had a committable offer from any P5 schools, Purdue included, regardless of what is listed on the internet. Weird.

General1061: Jarell White - XXXXXXXXXXXX

Boilers800: Giovanni Hightower *winner winner chicken dinner* 1st place
OhioBoiler3: Jarell White- XXXXXXXXXXXX
Heiner: Nick Holt (not really a 'recruit' per se, but the non-to-stringent judges have voted to accept it) "winner winner* 2nd place
StickPurdue: Jarell White- XXXXXXXXXXXX
ChuckJr: Jarell White- XXXXXXXXXXXX

Looks like we are down to BJ Sharpe, George Moore, and Anthony Palomares for 3rd place. After much controversy the judges decided to award the prediction of Nick Holt the runner-up ribbon. Much congratulations to Heiner.

Tea leaves are looking favorable for Mykeltia, Sharpe, and Palomares. Anyone else hearing strong possibilities?

FYI - It doesn't appear as if White had a committable offer from any P5 schools, Purdue included, regardless of what is listed on the internet. Weird.

I proudly accept the silver medal. I would like to thank you and the entire Boiler nation for the award. I'm absolutely giddy for next season to begin. BTFU

Reactions: StateStreet123
I proudly accept the silver medal. I would like to thank you and the entire Boiler nation for the award. I'm absolutely giddy for next season to begin. BTFU

Not to be that guy...I'm going to challenge his winning a silver medal....coach can't be a commit!! TIC

image.png

can we change our prediction if we make it before the commitment is announced?

can we change our prediction if we make it before the commitment is announced?

I couldn't find anything in the rules* that would prohibit this.

Will somebody please predict a big DT who can log lots of snaps right away....and make it happen!

*psss: don't tell anyone, but there really are no rules.

I couldn't find anything in the rules* that would prohibit this.

Will somebody please predict a big DT who can log lots of snaps right away....and make it happen!

*psss: don't tell anyone, but there really are no rules.

Just offered Fua Leilua - seems like a long shot though. We're up against TCU, ASU, and Ok St. It'd be a mini-win to even get a visit.

After a thorough review of the rules of this contest and after gaining random approval from Statestreet, I am hereby changing my prediction to Javonta Payton ! I promise not to change my prediction within the next 48 hours, unless I receive some insider info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT