ADVERTISEMENT

Post Signing Day Two Deeps

mreman1220

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2007
Obviously a lot of movement yet to come but thought I would post what I have after all the activity yesterday. Guys that started 6 games for Purdue this season are in bold. Also tried to classify the transfers without possible covid waivers. MIght be wrong on a couple of those though.

On offense we obviously have Aidan coming which is huge. I have to think the coaches believe Brooks will factor in big if they added him as a grad transfer. James will likely get every opportunity to play and I think Brohm wants to have 3 guys to use at the position. Academic questions are looming around Wright but I went ahead and included him. ARY isn't shown but he would obviously slide in should something happen to him or the others. TE remains unchanged. I am guessing Moussa will be the primary backup at both OG positions but I listed a different one for each position just to show the depth available.

QBAidan O'Connell - 16 - SrMichael Alaimo - 1 - So
HBKing Doerue - 22 - SrChristopher Brooks - - Sr
WRMershawn Rice - 9 - JrElijah Canion - - So
WRMilton Wright - 1 - SrBroc Thompson - 29 - Jr
WRT.J. Sheffield - 8 - JrTyrone Tracy - - Sr
TEPayne Durham - 87 - SrGarrett Miller - 88 - Jr
LTCam Craig - 68 - JrDave Monnot III - 59 - Jr
LGSpencer Holstege - 75 - JrJared Bycznski - 79 - So
CGus Hartwig - 53 - JrJosh Kaltenberger - 54 - So
RGSione Finau - - JrMarcus Mbow - 63 - Fr
RTEric Miller - 74 - SrMahamane Moussa - 64 - Fr

DE positions will be interesting to follow through the offseason. Sullivan and Jenkins are favorites to start currently but I know coaches are looking for more here. Either way both will likely play a lot. Good opportunity for Strickland and Caraway to play immediately. I doubt either are starters but the LEO position is pretty wide open from a depth standpoint. Went ahead and moved Anderson inside. Not sure he has the explosiveness for DE but the coaches had to be playing him for a reason. Coaches didn't seem too worried about the LB position. Graham is a revelation and Brothers showed some potential this season. Given that Wahlberg was usually the first on the field in mop up duty I slotted him in at MLB. Will be interesting to see if we see more Saunders or Washington in more non ST duty. I figure Trice and Brown are the favorites to start at CB. Hampton and Denson will be the first off the bench/slot. Romphf is probably 5th here but it looks like he needs a bit more development. Allen and Grant come back with their starting roles. Sounds like Jefferson wants to come back and the coaches want him back so I kept him on for now. Kane maybe moves back to S with the addition of Hampton and Denson.

DEJack Sullivan - 99 - SrJoe Strickland - - Fr
DTLawrence Johnson - 90 - SrDamarjhe Lewis - 34 - So
DTBranson Deen - 58 - SrJoseph Anderson - 95 - Jr
DEKydran Jenkins - 44 - SoNic Caraway - - Fr
OLBOctavius Brothers - 20 - JrKhali Saunders - 41 - Jr
MLBSemisi Fakasiieiki - 97 - SrJacob Wahlberg - 37 - Jr
OLBJalen Graham - 6 - SrYanni Karlaftis - 14 - Fr
CBCory Trice - 23 - SrTee Denson - - So
CBJamari Brown - 7 - SrBryce Hampton - - Sr
FSCam Allen - 10 - SrChristopher Jefferson - 17 - Sr
SSMarvin Grant - 4 - JrSanoussi Kane - 21 - So

Last edited: