ADVERTISEMENT

Perry, Harris, and Forsythe class of 2024

So if Burns commits quick that probably only allows us one of Harris or Perry. Who pulls the trigger first?
I’m not sure who the better get is? I lean slightly toward Perry because of scoring and being a leader on the floor but honestly I don’t find as much coverage of Harris to make the comparison.

I’m not sure who the better get is? I lean slightly toward Perry because of scoring and being a leader on the floor but honestly I don’t find as much coverage of Harris to make the comparison.
I remember really being in a similar situation with Xavier (now Zavier) Simpson and Carsen Edwards and really wanting Simpson but being happy just to get one of them. Turned out quite well, getting Carsen.

I’ll be happy with either.

When the guy guarding you is slow-footed, you can take your time getting your shot! And the guy guarding this guy WILL always be slow-footed. I vote YES!
He seems agile and a bit slow (on his shot mostly), but his movements might get quicker in the next year or so. Meantime, he appears to have a stroke with range and a "step quicker on D". I bet he hasn't had to get a quicker shot so far, but with everything in place that can happen. Could not tell about his passing, but did see him put it on the floor for a running hook in some video. Purdue is a big time offer for him. Tell him Purdue will quit recruiting Flory if he commits! ;) You can see Matt is "trying" to move back to a JJ a bit more for quickness. Still would like Flory, but would take him in a second if he said yes...

I remember really being in a similar situation with Xavier (now Zavier) Simpson and Carsen Edwards and really wanting Simpson but being happy just to get one of them. Turned out quite well, getting Carsen.

I’ll be happy with either.
Carsen had a great high school video showing his range that flipped me his way quickly while X was in the picture. Still, Simpson was a very good player that got better every year and put Purdue in some bad spots in forcing a switch and then holding the defender (Haas) on him to allow Teske to feast after he became such a threat scoring with his little hook.

Part of one of the videos in high school
Here is another

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerDaddy
If we can get all these guards we are on..... that's what's needed. It's a guards game, between the 1-3 with reserve at each position, that's 6 guards.

Another Big??? Not so much imo.

Every position needs to be filled with talent: PG, SG, WF, PF and C. Purdue has been 1 or 2 positions lacking in a number of years. National Champions do NOT have a weak link…Good Bye.

Reactions: BoilerDaddy
He seems agile and a bit slow (on his shot mostly), but his movements might get quicker in the next year or so. Meantime, he appears to have a stroke with range and a "step quicker on D". I bet he hasn't had to get a quicker shot so far, but with everything in place that can happen. Could not tell about his passing, but did see him put it on the floor for a running hook in some video. Purdue is a big time offer for him. Tell him Purdue will quit recruiting Flory if he commits! ;) You can see Matt is "trying" to move back to a JJ a bit more for quickness. Still would like Flory, but would take him in a second if he said yes...

The slow release I think is not much of an issue for him. His release point is so high and the likely close out defender will either be slow or at least a foot shorter.

The slow release I think is not much of an issue for him. His release point is so high and the likely close out defender will either be slow or at least a foot shorter.
you are not going to block jump shooters very often and I mentioned that he probably didn't have to have a quicker release (due to those shorter players). Now if a team is in a zone or a match-up or even man with a switch and a quicker guy is on him...it isn't the release point that "would" be an issue, but the mechanics to the pocket and the lift being slow might allow a hand to get in there. It probably is only slow due to never needing it to be quicker. Nothing of a major concern...just a single area of improvement

you are not going to block jump shooters very often and I mentioned that he probably didn't have to have a quicker release (due to those shorter players). Now if a team is in a zone or a match-up or even man with a switch and a quicker guy is on him...it isn't the release point that "would" be an issue, but the mechanics to the pocket and the lift being slow might allow a hand to get in there. It probably is only slow due to never needing it to be quicker. Nothing of a major concern...just a single area of improvement
I seem to remember JJ having a bit of a slower release, and that didn't hold him back.

I seem to remember JJ having a bit of a slower release, and that didn't hold him back.
My point was not about his release. That in most cases would not be a big problem. What I listed was the mechanics before the release, where if he were matched up with a quicker person due by the defense such as in a zone, a matchup zone, a man switch that getting the ball to the position of a release could be a problem due to a quicker hand getting in there.

JJ was much quicker overall and in my feeble memory recall him working mid post mostly and some high with a deadly turn around jumper rather than a face up jumper beyond the arc.

Harris posted a variety of college logos on his instagram page. I see that the Purdue logo has the most likes, so far. If anyone here on this board is on insta, go and like the Purdue logo on this young man's page. It may seem a bit frivolous for most of us, but it often means a lot for that generation.

In fact, the picture of him in his Purdue uniform was commented on by Myles Colvin. Great to see that Myles is doing his part.

Reactions: Schnelk and ChuckJr
A tough call. If you only have room for 2, out of flory, burns, harris and Perry, which 2 would you want?

Here is an update on Trent Burns’ visit. If he wants someone to develop his game as a big, we got that in spades. Imagine a guy with ability to dribble and hit NBA 3s at his size. Brantley could do wonders if he wants to build his low post game.

A tough call. If you only have room for 2, out of flory, burns, harris and Perry, which 2 would you want?

Guards game. Harris & Perry.

Even though Purdue is in great shape with both, really Purdue would be fortunate to land 1 of these two as they are prized top 100 & both rising recruits. Landing both=perhaps a dream situation?? Prob why we are in the mix for Burns.

f1024d7a-8873-46f3-adb5-53667cce8126_text.gif

I think all we need to pull out all the stops to get Trent Sisley in Boilermaker Gold and Black. I think before all said and done he’ll be a higher rated player than Catchings is. Anyone heard any insider scoops? I’m afraid he might actually be leaning toward the Spartans, he’s visited there twice and they’re are evidently being very active in recruitment efforts.

Last edited:
iu or msu
I know nothing on this recruitment, but if he is from a pro IU family it would probably take IU and MSU underachieving this year to move the needle. Probably not likely, but MSU being stuck at 20-12 again with a 1st or 2nd round exit and IU's chemistry imploding and finishing around .500 would cast some uncertainty on those coaching situations (Woody on hot seat, when will Izzo retire questions).

Not to beat a dead horse, but Purdue really needs to get to a final 4 to help in these types of recruitments. Reading between the lines it seems like Painter has been zeroed in on Sisley for a long time and there is mutual respect. I think if Purdue can get that NCAA gorilla off it's back, they are set up as a program to get these types of kids regardless of where their family allegiance lies.

Harris apparently crushing it at the Adidas event going on this weekend. Sounds like he is absolutely the guy we need if we have to pick one of him or Perry.

Was extremely disruptive with on-ball D and scored at least 24 points on something like 5-9 from 3.

Harris apparently crushing it at the Adidas event going on this weekend. Sounds like he is absolutely the guy we need if we have to pick one of him or Perry.

Was extremely disruptive with on-ball D and scored at least 24 points on something like 5-9 from 3.

Yep 100% agree ....been saying that for quite some time.

But in truth we will be fortunate to land one of the out of state Perry & Harris.

Unfortunately, Purdue doesn’t get to pick one of them. They both have already been picked. At this stage, Painter needs one of them to pick Purdue.

All I'm seeing is Purdue-related replies to that tweet. I think there was one U of Miami reply. Maybe it's just my settings on twitter, but it looks like this kid is getting hit with a massive barrage of people trying to get him to commit to Purdue. Nice!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT