ADVERTISEMENT

Per indystar sources, Tom Allen has been fired.

My thoughts were if he has to show IU he’s applying for a job, that he should apply for jobs that he knows he has no chance at receiving.

Head Coaches are dropping like Fall Leaves, A&M gets Duke‘s HC! MSU gets Oregon State’s HC. Houston is now open. Let the dominos fall to create new millionaires!

Just think of all the money schools could funnel into their NIL if they weren’t paying off all these coaches. I realize the buyout money is not coming from the school but probably some rich alumni that wanted the coach gone. But still, rather than spending their money to buy out the coach, that rich alumni could have spent it on the NIL.

It will be interesting to see what how IU fans expectations line up with their administration's objectives and eventual hire.

Not off to a good start as I see so many posts about Urban Meyer but would be SHOCKED if they get a"brand name" coach.

Michigan State wants to bring in a former Big Ten Coach of the Year. Someone with NFL experience who is well known across the country My money is on Mel Tucker.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

• Haha
Reactions: Courthouse Carp
Don't think it works that way. Allen must actively seek employment to collect. His future earnings reduce the buy-out.

Does that include applying at Applebee's?

Look what Purdue did. Shame on us!

Seriously, I bet Tom Allen is relieved......but has a big grin on his face. He will likely never have to work again with that type of buyout.

It will be interesting on who on the IU team will go into the transfer portal. There may be some good players to look at.

The poor guy, he must have felt like he was on an emotional roller-coaster. 🎢

Loosiers_coaster.jpg

My thoughts were mif he has to show IU he’s applying for a job, that he should apply for jobs that he knows he has no chance at receiving.

Does that include applying at Applebee's??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT