ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Barry Carrol - philanthropist

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
I met JBC one afternoon. The pastor at a tiny "church" had invited me. JBC was an introvert and was becoming a huge player. He had dinner with us a couple of times after that. He was a very private person. And has become a tremendous GIVER!!!

Joe Barry Carroll​

Per his official website, Carroll is “a wealth advisor to professional athletes, a philanthropist, artist, publisher, and an award-winning author of several books.” Per Wikipedia, Carroll lives outside Atlanta.

He’s been involved in philanthropy since his NBA playing days, creating the BroadView Foundation in the mid-1980s that helped fund poorer communities and other nonprofit organizations. He donates his book sales to organizations like the American Civil Liberties Union and the Georgia Innocence Project.

Carroll was named a “Hank Aaron Champion for Justice” by the Atlanta Braves and the Center for Civil and Human Rights.

When I was a young emotional whippersnapper, I was so glad for organizations like the ACLU and the things they did. Then with experience wisdom came.

In any case glad to hear about what he is doing & has done. He was a tremendous Boiler!

I met JBC one afternoon. The pastor at a tiny "church" had invited me. JBC was an introvert and was becoming a huge player. He had dinner with us a couple of times after that. He was a very private person. And has become a tremendous GIVER!!!

Joe Barry Carroll​

Per his official website, Carroll is “a wealth advisor to professional athletes, a philanthropist, artist, publisher, and an award-winning author of several books.” Per Wikipedia, Carroll lives outside Atlanta.

He’s been involved in philanthropy since his NBA playing days, creating the BroadView Foundation in the mid-1980s that helped fund poorer communities and other nonprofit organizations. He donates his book sales to organizations like the American Civil Liberties Union and the Georgia Innocence Project.

Carroll was named a “Hank Aaron Champion for Justice” by the Atlanta Braves and the Center for Civil and Human Rights.

Forgot add thanks for posting. It's great to hear about past 2 Boiler legends you posted, and what they are up to. Appreciate it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT