ADVERTISEMENT

Parenting styles and what's most successful

Great day on the morning. Are seriously trying to tell us that some asshole like Thomas Jefferson that owned over 500 slaves was “troubled” with slavery when he wrote that BS that all men are created equal. To Jefferson, that all men are created crap was only for whites. How can you own slaves and write that BS. I see why y’all don’t want history taught in schools.
I gave you the history as others have tried as well. I didn't really think anyone would question what I said about the conflicts Jefferson had, but you proved that wrong. There have been many instances where someone was conflicted about something and yet did what he or she believed was wrong by justifying the reason for doing such. No, you need the history as others have tried to tell you. You verified my concerns of many years ago when I knew I couldn't pick the top students unless I taught AP classes and then some parents might weigh in...and therefore didn't go into teaching.

I gave you the history as others have tried as well. I didn't really think anyone would question what I said about the conflicts Jefferson had, but you proved that wrong. There have been many instances where someone was conflicted about something and yet did what he or she believed was wrong by justifying the reason for doing such. No, you need the history as others have tried to tell you. You verified my concerns of many years ago when I knew I couldn't pick the top students unless I taught AP classes and then some parents might weigh in...and therefore didn't go into teaching.
Here is something else they never teach in the dem plantation public schools. Almost all of those signers of the Declaration of Independence were men of wealth and property--and they risked it all by signing that document. The penalty for treason against the King was death by hanging. Thus Franklin's famous quote about hanging together or hanging separately.

They all had tremendous courage, for which we can all be grateful.

Here is something else they never teach in the dem plantation public schools. Almost all of those signers of the Declaration of Independence were men of wealth and property--and they risked it all by signing that document. The penalty for treason against the King was death by hanging. Thus Franklin's famous quote about hanging together or hanging separately.

They all had tremendous courage, for which we can all be grateful.
Never before did such countries try to enable so many people with such few government or king rules. Yes, the penalty was death and they knew it...and no doubt knew it most likely. England's influence and military was quite strong and here was this rag tag group of people with ancestry in England willing to give up their lives for a better place that we ALL enjoy. Had they been lacking in character and desire for a better country, it never would have happened against so great of odds. Obviously we had a bit of history that BNI was not paying attention.

Speaking of not paying attention...perhaps it went by him when I suggested slavery was a humanity issue based upon vices in man since the beginning of time all across the globe rather than trying to pretend it was a USA problem only as well as lack of realization that people many times are conflicted and choose that which is morally wrong for a vice instead. That too has existed since the beginning of time, but there I go again pointing out history. Quite sad actually...

Never before did such countries try to enable so many people with such few government or king rules. Yes, the penalty was death and they knew it...and no doubt knew it most likely. England's influence and military was quite strong and here was this rag tag group of people with ancestry in England willing to give up their lives for a better place that we ALL enjoy. Had they been lacking in character and desire for a better country, it never would have happened against so great of odds. Obviously we had a bit of history that BNI was not paying attention.

Speaking of not paying attention...perhaps it went by him when I suggested slavery was a humanity issue based upon vices in man since the beginning of time all across the globe rather than trying to pretend it was a USA problem only as well as lack of realization that people many times are conflicted and choose that which is morally wrong for a vice instead. That too has existed since the beginning of time, but there I go again pointing out history. Quite sad actually...
What is sad and quite heartbreaking actually is you and others take slavery so lightly. Downplay and justify at all cost the roll the US played in slavery. Of course slavery has been around since the beginning globally.

The slavery that the US, Carribean, and Latin America participated in was called chattel slavery. Chattel slavery was based solely on race, in this case Africans. The transatlantic slave trade was more than a “humanity issue” as you put it. It was based on white supremacy and hatred of blacks. What you are trying to do is very ignorant and shameful. I guess your statements make you and others feel better about yourselves.

What is sad and quite heartbreaking actually is you and others take slavery so lightly. Downplay and justify at all cost the roll the US played in slavery. Of course slavery has been around since the beginning globally.

The slavery that the US, Carribean, and Latin America participated in was called chattel slavery. Chattel slavery was based solely on race, in this case Africans. The transatlantic slave trade was more than a “humanity issue” as you put it. It was based on white supremacy and hatred of blacks. What you are trying to do is very ignorant and shameful. I guess your statements make you and others feel better about yourselves.
So when the Romans, Goths and Vikings took other white slaves what was that? The reality, which history points out is that slavery has existed since man wanted a woman for his pleasure and a man for his work. It has NOTHING to do with color. It is an attempt to provide pleasure at the expense of others. I'm doing that right now trying to provide you with insight that should be pleasurable at the expense of typing things that some others already are aware and have known for some time.

Your continual black and white lens figuratively, only serves to validate the many people that have tried to help you understand what apparently your programming has not allowed. You truly don't see flaws in man...you only see white supremacy...white oppressors...white volley balls...white golf balls...white sand on the gulf. Everywhere you look you see color and none of this helps you or anyone that shares your thoughts towards a better life. How can anyone feel some sense of content when all the problems point to what you want to believe is white supremacy. I hope you find peace sometime in your life absent the angst that roars inside based solely on color. I don't believe for a second that you are a bad man. I do however, think you have some really phucked up views on race that overwhelms all of your typing.

There were many white women that were slaves in Rome that were there to pleasure the emperor or another of a higher class while her husband had to stand aside...many white men that had to work and die at what ever pleasure an emperor had as a gladiator for his entertainment. Were the Jews in Germany sent to concentration camps due to color or economics. The Nazis shared a lot with what we see today. The too saw the Jew as an oppressor...as an inferior, but an oppressor. History is replete with all kinds of examples where slaves are taken that have nothing to do with skin color. Do you only think slavery happened when it was possible to travel to Africa?

Slavery is NOT a color issue. It is a fault that has been inside man for thousands of years to help with work and sex. White supremacy is a term made up to attempt to make racism okay...one way...just like diversity wants to do, right along with all the other faults of intersectionality that I have spoken many times. REminds me at times of an old song

Slavery takes many forms. One can argue that Uber wealthy in their desire to maintain wealth and gain power are in effect enslaving most of the world's population. The Davos crowd wants nothing more than to control the world with their self-serving climate decrees that take away freedom of choice.
The very citizens of Gaza that have paid a terrible price were no more than slaves to the governing Hamas government that put them in this danger.

Slavery takes many forms. One can argue that Uber wealthy in their desire to maintain wealth and gain power are in effect enslaving most of the world's population. The Davos crowd wants nothing more than to control the world with their self-serving climate decrees that take away freedom of choice.
The very citizens of Gaza that have paid a terrible price were no more than slaves to the governing Hamas government that put them in this danger.
I almost went down this route as well, but thought it too advanced . ;)

So when the Romans, Goths and Vikings took other white slaves what was that? The reality, which history points out is that slavery has existed since man wanted a woman for his pleasure and a man for his work. It has NOTHING to do with color. It is an attempt to provide pleasure at the expense of others. I'm doing that right now trying to provide you with insight that should be pleasurable at the expense of typing things that some others already are aware and have known for some time.

Your continual black and white lens figuratively, only serves to validate the many people that have tried to help you understand what apparently your programming has not allowed. You truly don't see flaws in man...you only see white supremacy...white oppressors...white volley balls...white golf balls...white sand on the gulf. Everywhere you look you see color and none of this helps you or anyone that shares your thoughts towards a better life. How can anyone feel some sense of content when all the problems point to what you want to believe is white supremacy. I hope you find peace sometime in your life absent the angst that roars inside based solely on color. I don't believe for a second that you are a bad man. I do however, think you have some really phucked up views on race that overwhelms all of your typing.

There were many white women that were slaves in Rome that were there to pleasure the emperor or another of a higher class while her husband had to stand aside...many white men that had to work and die at what ever pleasure an emperor had as a gladiator for his entertainment. Were the Jews in Germany sent to concentration camps due to color or economics. The Nazis shared a lot with what we see today. The too saw the Jew as an oppressor...as an inferior, but an oppressor. History is replete with all kinds of examples where slaves are taken that have nothing to do with skin color. Do you only think slavery happened when it was possible to travel to Africa?

Slavery is NOT a color issue. It is a fault that has been inside man for thousands of years to help with work and sex. White supremacy is a term made up to attempt to make racism okay...one way...just like diversity wants to do, right along with all the other faults of intersectionality that I have spoken many times. REminds me at times of an old song

What does all that have to do with slavery in the US? Again, when discussions of US slavery come up, y'all deflect to slavery elsewhere. Then like clock work the Boneman will chime in about Africans selling slaves to the slave traders. I don't dispute it but it seemingly downplays the US role in slavery. Now you say that Jefferson was "troubled" with slavery. Yet he owned over 500 and did nothing to abolish it. I guess he was troubled enough to father several children, whose descendants are still running around today.

In grand scheme of things in history, slavery was not about race. Mainly because during the Romans era and other eras prior to or after, the concept of race was non-existant; black, white, or Mongoloid(Asian). The concept of the different races of humans is a racial construct by European white supremacist scientists and anthropologists in the 15 and 16 centuries. These folks determined that because some European skulls were larger than African skulls that they were more intelligent. Plus the colonization of several African countries. As a result chattel slavery and the trans-Atlantic slave trade was practiced. Chattel slavery practiced by the European during trans-Atlantic slave trade was indeed raced based slavery where the enslaved are owned for life. Bought, traded, and sold like property. If the trans-Atlantic slave trade was not races base, why weren’t white people enslaved in the US and the Carribean?

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03

So black Africans sold their countryman to Europeans because the Europeans were White Supremacists? Is that seriously your argument?

What does all that have to do with slavery in the US? Again, when discussions of US slavery come up, y'all deflect to slavery elsewhere. Then like clock work the Boneman will chime in about Africans selling slaves to the slave traders. I don't dispute it but it seemingly downplays the US role in slavery. Now you say that Jefferson was "troubled" with slavery. Yet he owned over 500 and did nothing to abolish it. I guess he was troubled enough to father several children, whose descendants are still running around today.

In grand scheme of things in history, slavery was not about race. Mainly because during the Romans era and other eras prior to or after, the concept of race was non-existant; black, white, or Mongoloid(Asian). The concept of the different races of humans is a racial construct by European white supremacist scientists and anthropologists in the 15 and 16 centuries. These folks determined that because some European skulls were larger than African skulls that they were more intelligent. Plus the colonization of several African countries. As a result chattel slavery and the trans-Atlantic slave trade was practiced. Chattel slavery practiced by the European during trans-Atlantic slave trade was indeed raced based slavery where the enslaved are owned for life. Bought, traded, and sold like property. If the trans-Atlantic slave trade was not races base, why weren’t white people enslaved in the US and the Carribean?
Were people racist and many that were slavers racist? Yes, of course. That doesn't mean that US slavery was BECAUSE of white supremacy. That's just an absolute ridiculous reach. Blacks weren't the only ones enslaved and whites weren't the only enslavers. That alone should tell you that your premise is bullshit, but you're too stubborn to actually learn something.

So black Africans sold their countryman to Europeans because the Europeans were White Supremacists? Is that seriously your argument?
The short answer is yes. That’s basically the premise of chattel slavery practiced by white Europeans and Americans compared to the other forms of slavery practiced in history. Who else would own other human beings, blacks in this case of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, other than white supremacists? The Africans that were sold during the trans-Atlantic slave trade were prisoners of war captured by the winning tribes during tribal warfare mostly in West Africa. The white slave traders did not enslave fellow Europeans did they? The whites that did serve some sort of servitude in the US were only indentured servants which was temperary like 7 years or so. Many were prisoners.

• Haha
The short answer is yes. That’s basically the premise of chattel slavery practiced by white Europeans and Americans compared to the other forms of slavery practiced in history. Who else would own other human beings, blacks in this case of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, other than white supremacists? The Africans that were sold during the trans-Atlantic slave trade were prisoners of war captured by the winning tribes during tribal warfare mostly in West Africa. The white slave traders did not enslave fellow Europeans did they? The whites that did serve some sort of servitude in the US were only indentured servants which was temperary like 7 years or so. Many were prisoners.
I'm sorry but that is just laughably dumb. Europeans were trading in Africa because they wanted their goods. It was the Africans that offered up their own people to the slave trade. Europeans wanted labor for profits. It wouldn't have mattered the race. The arguments about being lesser and such came later as an argument for justification to keep the slaves during increased talks of abolition.

Reactions: bonefish1
Were people racist and many that were slavers racist? Yes, of course. That doesn't mean that US slavery was BECAUSE of white supremacy. That's just an absolute ridiculous reach. Blacks weren't the only ones enslaved and whites weren't the only enslavers. That alone should tell you that your premise is bullshit, but you're too stubborn to actually learn something.
Dude, you are trying too hard. You are the one that need to learn something. I find it odd that someone I assume is white, trying to educate a black man about slavery. What do you mean blacks weren’t the only ones enslaved? 99.9% of the US enslaved were blacks. What are you talking about?

Dude, you are trying too hard. You are the one that need to learn something. I find it odd that someone I assume is white, trying to educate a black man about slavery. What do you mean blacks weren’t the only ones enslaved? 99.9% of the US enslaved were blacks. What are you talking about?
What does the race of either of us have to do with what we know about a subject? Seriously man. Don't you understand how flawed that logic is?

Native Americans were enslaved from the beginnings, by Columbus and his men themselves. For many years there was a systematic enslavement throughout the conquered territories with natives working mainly as miners to extract precious metals for the Crown. Later there was a system of distributing natives with quotas amongst landlords, known as mita.

The practice was prohibited thanks to people such as Fray Bartolomé de las Casas, known as protector of the Indians, who moved by his high standards in human rights, promoted the import of African slaves to free the natives from abuses.

Then to quote from one book, White Cargo, “In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, more than 300,000 white people were shipped to America as slaves. Urchins were swept up from London’s streets to labor in the tobacco fields, where life expectancy was no more than two years. Brothels were raided to provide “breeders” for Virginia. Hopeful migrants were duped into signing as indentured servants, unaware they would become personal property who could be bought, sold, and even gambled away. Transported convicts were paraded for sale like livestock …

“This is a saga of exploration and cruelty spanning 170 years that has been submerged under the overwhelming memory of black slavery. brings the brutal, uncomfortable story to the surface.”

Last edited:
Slavery was less about race and more about economic means. Slavery was a system of labor that was made available (by blacks in Africa) and exploited/utilized by white Europeans.
Do you think that the black Africans selling their fellow black tribesmen whom they defeated and captured cared that they were black? No....they cared that they were getting money/goods in trade for them.

And what to you think happened those captured tribes that weren't sold to the Europeans?

Slavery was less about race and more about economic means. Slavery was a system of labor that was made available (by blacks in Africa) and exploited/utilized by white Europeans.
Do you think that the black Africans selling their fellow black tribesmen whom they defeated and captured cared that they were black? No....they cared that they were getting money/goods in trade for them.

And what to you think happened those captured tribes that weren't sold to the Europeans?
If AMERICAN slavery was not about race, then why in 1860 that there were almost 4 million black slaves in the US. I already told y'all that the trans-Atlantic slave trade practiced chattel slavery during those times which is different than the other forms of slavery. Then after slavery in the US was over and during the Jim Crow era what were the economics of publicly castrating and lynching blacks in front of women and children? What were the economics of denying blacks jobs and education? What were the economics of denying blacks the opportunity to vote? Housing? Public office?

If AMERICAN slavery was not about race, then why in 1860 that there were almost 4 million black slaves in the US. I already told y'all that the trans-Atlantic slave trade practiced chattel slavery during those times which is different than the other forms of slavery. Then after slavery in the US was over and during the Jim Crow era what were the economics of publicly castrating and lynching blacks in front of women and children? What were the economics of denying blacks jobs and education? What were the economics of denying blacks the opportunity to vote? Housing? Public office?
I've told you, but you don't want to listen. THIS is yet another example of how you're being led by the nose to believe things that just aren't true.

Slavery and racial discrimination are two different things.
The US wasn't the only place where blacks were enslaved. It was occurring across the Caribbean, Central and South America. Slavery was also occurring (and still does) in the Middle and Far East. In Mexico and Central America, the Mayan and other tribes captured and enslaved the tribes they defeated in battles. It wasn't just a white man thing.....And lets not forget, some free blacks in the US owned slaves as well.

Research chattel slavery for yourself.
I found some interesting, yet disturbing information when I researched it.

TRADITIONAL OR CHATTEL SLAVERY​

Traditional slavery, often called chattel slavery, is probably the least prevalent of the contemporary forms of slavery. According to the American Anti-Slavery Group, in Mauritania—where slavery was legally abolished in 1980—90,000 darker-skinned Africans still live as the property of the Muslim Berber communities. Although the Africans in Mauritania converted to Islam more than 100 years ago, and the Qur’an forbids the enslavement of fellow Muslims, in Mauritania race seems to outrank religious doctrine. Such chattel slaves are used for their labor, sex, and breeding, and they are exchanged for camels, trucks, guns and money. Children of chattel slaves remain the property of their master. And even among freed slaves, a tribute is often paid to former masters, who also maintain inheritance rights over freed slaves’ property.

In Sudan, slavery is making a comeback as the result of a war waged over the past twelve years by the Muslim north against the Christians and Animists in the south. Sudan means "land of the blacks" in Arabic, and for centuries black Africans were abducted in Sudan as part of the Arabian slave trade. Anti-Slavery Group researchers have described a revival of a racially-based slave trade, where armed northern militias raid the southern civilian villages for slaves. Reports to the UN Commission on Human Rights have underscored the racial aspect of such practices: victims are exclusively persons belonging to the indigenous tribes of the Nuba Mountains (darker-skinned Africans). Government-armed Arab militias are known to kill the men and enslave the women and children as personal property or to march them north to be auctioned off and sold.

Slavery and racial discrimination are two different things.
The US wasn't the only place where blacks were enslaved. It was occurring across the Caribbean, Central and South America. Slavery was also occurring (and still does) in the Middle and Far East. In Mexico and Central America, the Mayan and other tribes captured and enslaved the tribes they defeated in battles. It wasn't just a white man thing.....And lets not forget, some free blacks in the US owned slaves as well.
I never said that slavery was a white man thing globally. But slavery was a white man thing in the US, Caribbean, and Latin America which were all part of the European trans-Atlantic slave trade. Again, chattel slavery was practiced in this region. Which is race based, slavery for life method of slavery. Humans treated as property.

You like to bring up that Kamala Harris’ ancestor owned slaves. Well, yes. Harris’ great-great-great grandfather was an white Irish dude living in Jamaica that owned slaves. We live in the US. There is no reason to deflect to slavery around the world. The US was more than culpable in its own. Since my ancestors were enslaved right here in the US, that’s my main concern.

Then on queue you again deflect on free blacks owning slaves. That is the epitome of maximizing the minimum like y’all do all the time. Out of the 3 or 4 million slaves that was in the US around 1860. About 12,000 of those were owned by free blacks. Many of those slaves owned by free blacks were family members that they want to free or protect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT