ADVERTISEMENT

P-Izzo

DrEss

All-American
Aug 25, 2001
@gsherm11: I pissed in a condom and gave it to Durrell summers to pass a drug test. Suck it #NCAA #stillwenttothefinalfour #suckstobeyou

I would be surprised if the NCAA is interested in this, as to do so would be actual enforcement of their rules.

@gsherm11: I pissed in a condom and gave it to Durrell summers to pass a drug test. Suck it #NCAA #stillwenttothefinalfour #suckstobeyou

This shows a strong thread of dishonesty through some of the MSU basketball program. Is it indicative of a general disregard for NCAA rules and regulations at MSU? Maybe. There has been enough inuendo that MSU is playing fast and loose with NCAA rules, and that this should be taken seriously.

No doubt the MSU PC police will be by shortly to correct our thinking. All I can think at this point is : "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling".

:cool:

This shows a strong thread of dishonesty through some of the MSU basketball program. Is it indicative of a general disregard for NCAA rules and regulations at MSU? Maybe. There has been enough inuendo that MSU is playing fast and loose with NCAA rules, and that this should be taken seriously.

No doubt the MSU PC police will be by shortly to correct our thinking. All I can think at this point is : "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling".

NASB huh?

The fact that you think this is an "MSU problem" is rather naive.

And also, you assume MSU officials knew and encouraged it. Players cover each other's asses all the time for stuff like this.

All the NCAA cares about is the appearance of propriety to the public. They especially like there big cash cows to look good even when its a steaming pile of crap underneath the surface.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Many must forget that Izzo kicked two important cogs( Allen and Lucious) off that team for this very reason.
Both ended up at Iowa St.
Not to mention Kenny Kaminski this past off season, for what word is,the same reason.

And also, you assume MSU officials knew and encouraged it. Players cover each other's asses all the time for stuff like this.

Give me a break will ya. Weed has been around a long time. I have no doubt about its general use. I am not that naive.

My perspective is formed more by the general attitude of the tweet than by any perception that other programs have similar drug issues. There is an arrogance and defiance in that message which indicates an attitude of privilege and "I'm above-the-law because we won the NCAA" perspective.

We tend to hold those in the public limelight to higher standards than the general population. That means the athletes who are competative at the national level in any sport should not be indulging in illegal drugs, period. I don't want to act all high & mightly about this, but the other side of this story is that some of MSU's athletes should have been declared ineligible for that championship game. They cheated. Just like UNC cheated with false grades. Not as systemic, and not as far out of line, but cheated non-the-less.

If it's one thing you guys should have learned this month, it's doing get worked up over twitter... it's bad enough when it's people pretending to be reporters, but this is a drunk guy pretending to not hold a grudge. Not really worth getting worked up about unless he's able to provide actual proof of anything or corroborated story from the guy he's calling out. At the very least he could let us interview the ball rack that was thrown.

Is that Clutch Cargo Bill?
My jaw probably isn't as square as Clutch's but as I'm getting older my hair is starting to turn white. BTW, my co-star Swampy on the series was voiced by Hal Smith who went on to even greater fame playing Otis on the Andy Griffin show.

Last edited:
Give me a break will ya. Weed has been around a long time. I have no doubt about its general use. I am not that naive.

My perspective is formed more by the general attitude of the tweet than by any perception that other programs have similar drug issues. There is an arrogance and defiance in that message which indicates an attitude of privilege and "I'm above-the-law because we won the NCAA" perspective.

We tend to hold those in the public limelight to higher standards than the general population. That means the athletes who are competative at the national level in any sport should not be indulging in illegal drugs, period. I don't want to act all high & mightly about this, but the other side of this story is that some of MSU's athletes should have been declared ineligible for that championship game. They cheated. Just like UNC cheated with false grades. Not as systemic, and not as far out of line, but cheated non-the-less.

But again, you could have probably disqualified a good chunk of the players in the entire tournament. So to single out MSU players for helping each other out for drug tests is not really fair.

All the NCAA cares about is the appearance of propriety to the public. They especially like there big cash cows to look good even when its a steaming pile of crap underneath the surface.

But you could say this is the same for all of professional sports.

When Jarret Stoll, an NHL player, was arrested in Vegas with cocaine and ecstasy, it amazed me how there's almost no accountability for drugs in the NHL.

A player can only be tested TWICE in an entire year and one happens during the season as a team-wide test. During the offseason, a maximum of 60 out of nearly 700 NHL players can be tested.

In addition, only abnormally high tests of drugs of abuse for the first time are sent anonymously to a Substance Abuse Program who contact the player (the team knows nothing of it) and basically are given the option to get help. Only positives for performing enhancing drugs are reported to the teams.

In 9 years, the NHL has had 2 players test positive for performance enhancing drugs if that shows how little they care about it. The Winter Olympics has suspended more players for PED than the NHL has - and the Olympics happen once every four years for 2 weeks!

So say what you will about the NCAA "covering its ass" so-to-speak, but outside of the Olympics and Cycling (and some other international sports), this is not an issue really taken seriously by any leagues.

And they will claim that we started these rumors on this board.

Many must forget that Izzo kicked two important cogs( Allen and Lucious) off that team for this very reason.
Both ended up at Iowa St.
Not to mention Kenny Kaminski this past off season, for what word is,the same reason.
I think most people realize this is a universal practice not unique to MSU. People are just watching the ginger train wreck as they drive by.

At IU, when Sampson & IU were hit hard by NCAA for several serious rules violations, wasn't conspiracy one of them? I'd trust Izzo/[Crean], about as far as I could throw them. I'll bet Paterno at PSU knew a lot more about all kinds of PSU violations, but, as was charged and alleged, did nothing/failed to report the violations. I'd put Izzo in that same "complicity" catagory. If I'm not mistaken, if the coach knows rules are being broken by his players/team, & doesn't report it/ does nothing, that's a violation. Proving it is usually pretty tough to prove, without a whistle blower or two, like at PSU.

At IU, when Sampson & IU were hit hard by NCAA for several serious rules violations, wasn't conspiracy one of them? I'd trust Izzo/[Crean], about as far as I could throw them. I'll bet Paterno at PSU knew a lot more about all kinds of PSU violations, but, as was charged and alleged, did nothing/failed to report the violations. I'd put Izzo in that same "complicity" catagory. If I'm not mistaken, if the coach knows rules are being broken by his players/team, & doesn't report it/ does nothing, that's a violation. Proving it is usually pretty tough to do, without a whistle blower or two, like at PSU. I think Coach Painter is above that level. Maybe he loses a recruit or two here & there, but honest is the best policy.

Reactions: StateStreet123
At IU, when Sampson & IU were hit hard by NCAA for several serious rules violations, wasn't conspiracy one of them? I'd trust Izzo/[Crean], about as far as I could throw them. I'll bet Paterno at PSU knew a lot more about all kinds of PSU violations, but, as was charged and alleged, did nothing/failed to report the violations. I'd put Izzo in that same "complicity" catagory. If I'm not mistaken, if the coach knows rules are being broken by his players/team, & doesn't report it/ does nothing, that's a violation. Proving it is usually pretty tough to do, without a whistle blower or two, like at PSU. I think Coach Painter is above that level. Maybe he loses a recruit or two here & there, but honest is the best policy.

I mean I'm certainly not some Izzo-lover here, but again, to make it out like it's an MSU thing is a bit over the top. The fact of the matter is that if a school/coach truly cared, they could test their athletes as much as they wanted. No school is trying to actually fix any sort of problems related to pot-smoking, Purdue included.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT