ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Men's Golf

when's the last time you golfed with a chick?
Funny story: I used to work with a girl who played on the UofI team. She was really fun to play with because she was so good but other than me out driving her, I had no shot. She just never miss-hit the ball.
My miss-hit was a worm burner hosel rocket into the trees. Her idea of a miss-hit was missing a green by 10 feet from 160 out.

Semi-slow start today for the Boilers - currently +3 today and trailing Vanderbilt by seven shots. Still 16 shots ahead of 6th place (Indiana) for qualifying purposes.....so looking really good for that.

Hopefully no Boilerepherine flowing in the penalty areas. Haha.

Funny story: I used to work with a girl who played on the UofI team. She was really fun to play with because she was so good but other than me out driving her, I had no shot. She just never miss-hit the ball.
My miss-hit was a worm burner hosel rocket into the trees. Her idea of a miss-hit was missing a green by 10 feet from 160 out.
Did she giggle when you showed her your hosel rocket?

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
Update - back to level par for the day, and Vanderbilt pulling away @ -5 for the day. Boilers likely to finish second in the event.

Only a complete collapse worse than Lenny on the back nine will prevent the Boilers from advancing to the NCAA championship rounds. :)

Update - back to level par for the day, and Vanderbilt pulling away @ -5 for the day. Boilers likely to finish second in the event.

Only a complete collapse worse than Lenny on the back nine will prevent the Boilers from advancing to the NCAA championship rounds. :)
And Indiana needs a serious run to make it.

6 (current) B1G teams in the regionals unless I missed one. Purdue, Illinois and Ohio State will qualify. Northwestern, Michigan State and likely Indiana will not. Washington and Oregon will not qualify. UCLA is on pace to make it.

She giggled when he showed up in jorts and a dorky golf visor and had iron covers on his clubs.

Argyle Sweater was killer, though.......

6644f39393f2d951688449.gif

And Indiana needs a serious run to make it.

6 (current) B1G teams in the regionals unless I missed one. Purdue, Illinois and Ohio State will qualify. Northwestern, Michigan State and likely Indiana will not. Washington and Oregon will not qualify. UCLA is on pace to make it.

UCLA having a really good day (-6) in that Stanford Regional, which Illinois is leading. Looks like the last spot is down to UCLA, Mississippi, and Stanford with UCLA having a few strokes up.

At the moment, Stanford and San Diego would be the two host schools failing to advance. Texas, LSU, North Carolina, and Purdue are all poised to advance.

Last edited:

If my collapse hasn't started by the 6th hole, then somethings wrong. The back 9 is just an excuse to pound beers to dull the misery.

On to the NCAA championships for Purdue. 12th and 16th holes hurt a little bit, but the team had a big enough lead where it didn't make much of a difference. Well done, Boilers - finishing second as the 5th-seeded team.

Vanderbilt played some golf today with all five players shooting par or better and collectively -8 to win the Region by 13 shots over Purdue.

Vanderbilt (-24), Purdue (-11), Florida, Arizona (-3), and New Mexico will advance for next week.

There's a tie for 5th in one of the regionals between Wake Forest and BYU. I've worked on golf courses most of my life and I don't know what "ties will be resolved" means. It's either a scorecard playoff or sudden death.

There's a tie for 5th in one of the regionals between Wake Forest and BYU. I've worked on golf courses most of my life and I don't know what "ties will be resolved" means. It's either a scorecard playoff or sudden death.

I think they use non-sudden death tiebreaker rules at this stage, Chi-Boiler. First one would be cumulative total of non-counting scores.

Wake Forest - 79, 74, 73 - 226
BYU - 76, 76, 76 - 228

• First Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the non-counting scores.

• Second Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the lowest player score from each round.

• Third Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the second lowest player score from each round.

• Fourth Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the third lowest player score from each round.

• Fifth Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the fourth lowest player score from each round.

• Sixth Tiebreaker – revert to original seeding of teams.

Looks like they use a playoff for ties with teams at the next stage -

Aggregate score playoff (all five scores counting) to advance teams down from 30 to 15 (Sunday to Monday) and from 15 teams down to the eight teams that advance to Match Play. The playoff will be done in a shotgun type format with the competing teams playing on five different holes.

Last edited:
I think they use non-sudden death tiebreaker rules at this stage, Chi-Boiler. First one would be cumulative total of non-counting score player.

• First Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the non-counting scores.
Oh that's kinda interesting and it makes sense. In this case that would give it to Wake by 2 shots. They are listed ahead of BYU.

Our boy Adam Schenk shot even par (T-67)at the PGA Championship at Valhalla today— all the rain in Louisville has made for good scoring conditions…
Boiler Up!!

Our boy Adam Schenk shot even par (T-67)at the PGA Championship at Valhalla today— all the rain in Louisville has made for good scoring conditions…
Boiler Up!!

Ideal scoring conditions it appears - Xander Schauffele torched it with his second career major-tying scoring record round of 62 (-9) - PGA Championship record 64 scores under par in the first round with 17 scores of 67 or better.

Looks like it will be another helluva horse race in Louisville over the weekend.

How much heads up do these teams get about regional sites before they're announced and seeded? I would imagine they get a couple of practice rounds on a new course before the tourney starts, otherwise it's a massive advantage to the home team.
They got one day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT