ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Matt Light on Laura Ingraham this eve. (9/11)*

The odd thing about the young vs old political ideology quote and Churchill is that he was a liberal from the age of 30-50.

Of course being a conservative in the UK is pretty centrist compared to the US (think Eisenhower Republicans).

What thoughtful points directed at me, did I miss?

When I say "I watch foxnews too and this is how I think it compares to the other media I watch" and your response starts with "if you only watch that other media...." Yeah, you aren't really paying attention to what the other guy is saying.

Look, I get it. You've been fully indoctrinated, just as you accuse others of being. I'd like to think there are some people out there who can see past the choice-of-story, choice-of-tone that they get from all the outlets, filter that out to understand what is actually going on in the world, and actually think for themselves.

You don't think I'm one of those people, even though you don't know me. That's fine.

I don't think you're one of them, either, after this exchange.

Here we go. Wtf are you talking about. I am implying that it is perfectly natural to fear for your own personal safety if a president who has made white nationalists feel empowered and encouraged has just been elected. Especially in a town where swastikas have been known to be found on buildings.
You are funny. More, more, more

My Irish German Scandinavian American Native American brain says there is hate on both sides but more so on the left. Threats of rape and murder to a female conservative commentator, Maine’s Senator Collins staff member threatened if Kavanaugh confirmed and a Northern California GOP Representative was attacked by a deranged liberal. Fortunately his switchblade malfunction. From my perspective the deranged liberals are more likely to comment violence than a card carrying NRA member
There are “deranged” people on both sides, but which side fosters groups of people whose sole purpose is to “preserve the white race” and eliminate all non-whites? Trump can’t even admit that they are awful people.

Reactions: indy35
Maybe you weren’t mourning because there weren’t groups of people dedicated to hating you and ridding you from the world. You have to be kidding me with some of the shit I have read in this thread. You do realize there has been an increase in hate group membership and hate crimes as a result of the Trump campaign, right? They literally proclaim out loud that they feel empowered and encouraged by Donald Trump. Would that bother you a bit or can you not empathize with anything outside of your white brain?

Don't act like Obama didn't stoke the flames of hatred in Furgeson, Baltimore, etc, etc, etc. His good friend mayor of Baltimore basically justified rioting in her own city. Obama began the Balkanization of the US and his crappy, divisive, ego-centric presidency (along with the Democrats rigging their primary in favor of a horrific candidate) ensured someone like Trump winning in 2016. If you Statist hadn't gone half nutso over the last 6 years, you'd likely have a democrat in the white house today. Instead, we're all stuck with Trump for the next 6 years.

Don't act like Obama didn't stoke the flames of hatred in Furgeson, Baltimore, etc, etc, etc. His good friend mayor of Baltimore basically justified rioting in her own city. Obama began the Balkanization of the US and his crappy, divisive, ego-centric presidency (along with the Democrats rigging their primary in favor of a horrific candidate) ensured someone like Trump winning in 2016. If you Statist hadn't gone half nutso over the last 6 years, you'd likely have a democrat in the white house today.
Hey, I’ll be the first lefty to criticize the Democratic Party. Any candidate with an actual message beats the orange reality star white-supremist-backed buffoon. HRC had nothing to offer except red flags.

Reactions: JHetfield99
Here we go. Wtf are you talking about. I am implying that it is perfectly natural to fear for your own personal safety if a president who has made white nationalists feel empowered and encouraged has just been elected. Especially in a town where swastikas have been known to be found on buildings.

Trump has done no more to make white nationalist feel empowered than Obama did the Black Panthers. MSNBC and CNN have you paranoid.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Trump has done no more to make white nationalist are feel empowered than Obama did the Black Panthers.
I can only imagine what the election of a black president meant to millions of people of color around the country. But if you can’t see the difference between that empowerment and the empowerment of white supremacy groups via Trump, then I don’t know what to say. I’m speechless.

I've always liked Mr. Light. Do his sons play football?

Anybody have a link to the video?

There are “deranged” people on both sides, but which side fosters groups of people whose sole purpose is to “preserve the white race” and eliminate all non-whites? Trump can’t even admit that they are awful people.

I hate appealing to hypocrisy, but what Democratic leader has said ATIFA, Weather Underground, BLM, etc are awful people?

Last edited:
I thought Weather Underground was a good, detailed weather site. It's now the name of a group too?

I can only imagine what the election of a black president meant to millions of people of color around the country. But if you can’t see the difference between that empowerment and the empowerment of white supremacy groups via Trump, then I don’t know what to say. I’m speechless.

99% of those same people would have voted for Condoleeza Rice or Herman Cain in a heartbeat. As much as the Statist refuses to accept it, it's not about black or white, it's about policy for 99.9% of the country.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Maybe you weren’t mourning because there weren’t groups of people dedicated to hating you and ridding you from the world. You have to be kidding me with some of the shit I have read in this thread. You do realize there has been an increase in hate group membership and hate crimes as a result of the Trump campaign, right? They literally proclaim out loud that they feel empowered and encouraged by Donald Trump. Would that bother you a bit or can you not empathize with anything outside of your white brain?

Really, what's your source for claiming the KKK and Nazi groups have increased in size since Trump's election, and if it's true, what's your source that Trump's campaign was/is responsible? I keep hearing this on MSNBC and CNN but they never quote sources other than the SCLC, which has been completely politicized and sold out to race-baiting Democrats. So what are your sources for these claims? After all, they shouldn't be taken lightly since they imply that about 50% of the USA voting population are racists.

What violence has black lives matters carried out?

Sorry, I guess I should have realized that they were a peaceful organization, when they were marching through the streets of NYC chanting, "What do we want - DEAD COPS; When do we want them, NOW".

Shortly thereafter, 2 cops got ambushed, while sitting in their squad car and were shot to death.
3 cops were gunned down in Baton Rouge.
5 cops were killed in Dallas.
Many other cops have also been executed by people that are responding to their call. Did members of BLM commit the murders? I have no idea, but when the Left is blaming Trump for the violence, I'm somewhat amazed. The Left has been far more violent than the Right and you can show a more direct cause & effect relationship with BLM and cop killing, than you can with trying to blame Trump for the violence.

There have been a substantial number of Black cops, who have been killed in these shooting, so I can only surmise that they weren't Black enough for their lives to matter. Sad

Don't act like Obama didn't stoke the flames of hatred in Furgeson, Baltimore, etc, etc, etc. His good friend mayor of Baltimore basically justified rioting in her own city. Obama began the Balkanization of the US and his crappy, divisive, ego-centric presidency (along with the Democrats rigging their primary in favor of a horrific candidate) ensured someone like Trump winning in 2016. If you Statist hadn't gone half nutso over the last 6 years, you'd likely have a democrat in the white house today. Instead, we're all stuck with Trump for the next 6 years.
Yeah it all started with the beer summit

Reactions: GABoilermakers
Really, what's your source for claiming the KKK and Nazi groups have increased in size since Trump's election, and if it's true, what's your source that Trump's campaign was/is responsible? I keep hearing this on MSNBC and CNN but they never quote sources other than the SCLC, which has been completely politicized and sold out to race-baiting Democrats. So what are your sources for these claims? After all, they shouldn't be taken lightly since they imply that about 50% of the USA voting population are racists.
https://csbs.csusb.edu/sites/csusb_csbs/files/2018 Hate Final Report 5-14.pdf

For starters..

Reactions: indy35

Ok, the website is completely separate, from your link:

Weather Underground, a corporate weather service, subsidiary of The Weather Company, and unrelated to the militant student organization; the name dates from the service's founding as an offshoot of the weather database of the University of Michigan, where the original Weather Underground was also founded.

It's a really good weather site for details and what you can look up.

Ok, the website is completely separate, from your link:

Weather Underground, a corporate weather service, subsidiary of The Weather Company, and unrelated to the militant student organization; the name dates from the service's founding as an offshoot of the weather database of the University of Michigan, where the original Weather Underground was also founded.

It's a really good weather site for details and what you can look up.
Attached is the link showing it originated at University of Michigan. It should be noted Obama was tight with Bill A and it is rumored he started his involvement in politics in Bill A’s living room
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground

So you willingly follow a president and watch a tv station which does think that way? Any of this ever bother you?

You Statist continue to create your own narratives. I am not a Trump supporter, I even said so earlier in this thread. And I don't watch any cable news. If I did, I'm educated enough and have been deeply exposed to cultures all over the world that I can filter their drivel and certainly would not regurgitate any of their material in debating my beliefs.

I read the entire Wall Street Journal and Financial Times almost daily. I listen to CNBC and Bloomberg while commuting. Those are my outside "influences"... although, at 34, I'm not sure how much they influence my political/constitutional/core beliefs.

Does it bother you that you get overly emotional, quick to judge, and jump to conclusions over and over when interacting with conservatives? I know it's trendy to paint conservatives in a certain way, but does it bother you that you can't think for yourself?

Last edited:
You Statist continue to create your own narratives. I am not a Trump supporter, I even said so earlier in this thread. And I don't watch any cable news. If I did, I'm educated enough and have been deeply exposed to cultures all over the world that I can filter their drivel and certainly would not regurgitate any of their material in debating my beliefs.

I read the entire Wall Street Journal and Financial Times almost daily. I listen to CNBC and Bloomberg while commuting. Those are my outside "influences"... although, I'm not sure how much they influence my political/constitutional/core beliefs.

Does it bother you that you get overly emotional, quick to judge, and jump to conclusions over and over when interacting with conservatives? I know it's trendy to paint conservatives in a certain way, but does it bother you that you can't think for yourself?

Their masters teach them to chant, not think.

Oh, and that "academic" center doesn't have an agenda, right?! Do you think they'd find it easier to raise grant money if they did a study like this and found anything else, other than hate crimes on the rise?! Come on -- that's beyond weak. What else do you have?

Ha, I read through a few pages and it looks like hate crimes have spiked most significantly in liberal California. Imagine that, hate from the left?!

When I say "I watch foxnews too and this is how I think it compares to the other media I watch" and your response starts with "if you only watch that other media...." Yeah, you aren't really paying attention to what the other guy is saying.

Look, I get it. You've been fully indoctrinated, just as you accuse others of being. I'd like to think there are some people out there who can see past the choice-of-story, choice-of-tone that they get from all the outlets, filter that out to understand what is actually going on in the world, and actually think for themselves.

You don't think I'm one of those people, even though you don't know me. That's fine.

I don't think you're one of them, either, after this exchange.

A little revisionist history there. This is what you said "Calling Fox News "center right" - even calling it a broadcast news organization - puts you in a certain category. I'm not arguing that other news orgs don't also modulate their feeds to make a point - they do. And I know it's not possible to convince a Fox News devotee that they have been mainly watching bullcrap for years.

But you should know that many thoughtful folks who try to look at various outlets do feel that way."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe you were telling me that you watch FOX, too. You were telling me that people watching FOX were watching Bullcrap.

I think the only Bullcrap here is what you're spinning.

I have always enjoyed reading and I read constantly. Apparently, I had no heart, when I was young, because Conservatism made sense to me, when I was 12 years old. I must have skipped the emotional stage.That was 1960, for anyone that's keeping score. I passed out buttons and literature during the Nixon/JFK campaign.

FOX news has had no effect on forming my ideology or what makes sense to me. I had formed my own opinions for 50 years, prior to FOX's existance, based on the best information available. I get information from a wide variety of sources. When I watch CNN and MSNBC, I see so much more hyperbole and emotionalism, than I do at FOX. When your argument relies primarily on emotion, it's probably a weak argument. I prefer facts to emotional rants. Just my observation.

Just because you didn't find on the internet specific mention of a time Churchill stated or wrote the quote, that doesn't mean he didn't. There are sources on the internet that state that he was known to repeat the quote in conversation and occasionally in speeches. Also, the origin of the quote is commonly misattributed to him precisely because he was known to use it so often. The first time I ever heard it, probably 35 years ago (before internet), it was mistakenly attributed to him. Sourcing the origin was difficult then so the mistake was repeated often.

But the quote is a very real historical quote -- originating with Sam Adams -- and very relevant.

Lol looks like you don’t know how to fact check either. But thanks for stepping up and letting everyone know you wouldn’t be able to submit an 8th grade level research paper.

It seems like there’s a huge chunk of people so amazed by the internet that they don’t know how to identify real sources.

But back to the original point, the OP was wrong and then you popped in to add more falsehoods. This is not going well for you.

Lol looks like you don’t know how to fact check either. But thanks for stepping up and letting everyone know you wouldn’t be able to submit an 8th grade level research paper.

It seems like there’s a huge chunk of people so amazed by the internet that they don’t know how to identify real sources.

But back to the original point, the OP was wrong and then you popped in to add more falsehoods. This is not going well for you.

What did I say that's a falsehood?

Sorry, I guess I should have realized that they were a peaceful organization, when they were marching through the streets of NYC chanting, "What do we want - DEAD COPS; When do we want them, NOW".

Shortly thereafter, 2 cops got ambushed, while sitting in their squad car and were shot to death.
3 cops were gunned down in Baton Rouge.
5 cops were killed in Dallas.
Many other cops have also been executed by people that are responding to their call. Did members of BLM commit the murders? I have no idea, but when the Left is blaming Trump for the violence, I'm somewhat amazed. The Left has been far more violent than the Right and you can show a more direct cause & effect relationship with BLM and cop killing, than you can with trying to blame Trump for the violence.

There have been a substantial number of Black cops, who have been killed in these shooting, so I can only surmise that they weren't Black enough for their lives to matter. Sad
Care to provide a source for any of that garbage?

That is a ridiculous reach. Perhaps everything in your life is determined by skin color and identity politics, but most sane people don't think that way. I know several Black people that were excited that we got a Black President, until they found out about his policies and the way he governed. Then they confided, that they weren't happy about THAT Black President.

Whether you like Trump or not, the fact is that he's done more for Black people in under 2 years, than Obama did in eight. He's also working on prison reform and he has offered Ben Watson and any other NFL players, who are protesting, the opportunity to provide information to him identifying incidents of social injustice and he would try to rectify them. At least he's making an effort. Where was Obama for 8 years. Oh, that's right. He's a Democrat politician and he only cares about Black people for a couple months before an election, unless they're celebrities.

I'm waiting ... what did I say regarding the quote that is incorrect?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT