ADVERTISEMENT

OT - FBI reopening Clinton E-mail investigation

It wasn't an announcement. It was a letter to republican members of Congress who then leaked it.

But hey details don't matter.

And now we know:

1. There are 3 total emails they are looking at
2. None are from Clinton
3. None were even on her server

But sure, totally big deal.
3 emails? You must have insider knowledge.

Why I even bother responding to this is maybe a stupid early decision, but you're putting so many words in so many people's mouths.

First off, she clearly never lied to the FBI because all of these lies you say are all over the place would have gotten perjury charges.

Secondly, it's pretty clear there was nothing that nefarious with her emails. The few emails found with "classified" info were about things like rescheduling a phone call with a President of a small country. As someone who's worked in government, the classified system is not only very archaic and also misleading to the lay-person - i.e. you. The way people talk about "classified emails" on this subject is like she's casually emailing state secrets.

Third, not that any of this excuses having a private server or email set up (which obviously is not something worth doing in the future for anyone for any purpose, even though others have before), but if you subpoenaed everyone's emails in Congress, State Department, Justice Department, etc. - over any administration - you're going to find MUCH worse wrongdoing. It's funny to see an investigation over "classified" emails - and earlier in the year, a classified update was sent to Congress and immediately leaked to the press (which happens all the time). So it's ok for Congress to leak classified info?

At the end of the day, this thing has been talked about, conspiracy theories fly, etc. - and yet still nothing can be proven. It's the same thing with Benghazi. If we investigated every damn thing that happened that's remotely a mistake, we could spend billions of dollars on investigations. If these things had anyone else's name associated with them, it wouldn't be happening. Hell, the Bush Justice Department literally fired people based on political expedience, Republicans didn't seem to want to look into that much...

It's nothing but political gamesmanship at the end of the day.

!) She lied to Congress in her Benghazi testimony and Chafetz referred the perjury investigation to Comey, when he came in to testify. There were over 5 incidents, that I'm aware of where she flat out lied. The FBI has it for action.

2) I've had a TS SCI clearance, and I'm very familiar with how classified material should be handled. I also know if I had done what she did, I would have been in jail. In fact, there is a First Class Petty Officer, who just got a year in jail for taking 6 pictures inside a submarine. What she did is a lot more serious than that, and intelligence agencies have also determined, that there was a 99% probability, that she was hacked. Yeah, she either was e-mailing state secrets or her staff was sending her state secrets on her unsecure server. Now we also know, that Obama knew about it, which is probably why he's trying to protect her. Frankly, your comments tell me, that you really don't know much about the classification system, but thanks for playing.

3) You're trying to rationalize her bad behavior. It doesn't matter what you would find elsewhere. What matters is that she had some highly classified material on an unsecure server. That act alone should disqualify her from ever receiving a clearance to handle classified material again, which would certainly limit her effectiveness. She has disqualified herself for the job, by her own stupidity or arrogance. Pick your choice.

The Dems would like to make it about politics, but it's really about National Security. Regarding Benghazi, 4 people died, due to her incompetence as SoS and then she tried to cover it up with that feeble "video" story, when she knew, as the attack was going on, that it was terrorists. Then she lied to the families of the deceased, when the bodies came back to the states. I'm continually amazed at how much incompetence, lying and corruption, that you people will accept from the Clintons, before you say enough. SMH

Reactions: boilersmitty
no they ARENT looking at 650K emails. We have no idea where they are from, or what they contain. Each of those "facts" are rumors and suppositions.

It's not becoming ANYTHING yet except you glom on to any negative guesses or rumors as fact because you have a preset notion.

Nice try, but it is 650K e-mails, that they are looking at, because they have the warrant.

BTW, the FBI has also been investigating the Clinton Foundation for a year, in spite of Loretta Lynch trying to shut it down. The plot thickens. You're going to be a busy lad, trying to spin all this misfortune.

Being smarter than either of you doesn't require being the smartest person in the room.

It doesn't even require being the smartest mammal in the room, and I'm iffy on smartest vertebrate.

You're dumb enough to believe Hillary. I've got shoes smarter than that. You're trying to defend the indefensible.

You keep using buzzwords like "lie", yet if any of that happened in either of these investigations, that's exactly how you get perjury charges and that is often what the criminal charges in these types of situations are. See Scooter Libby...who had his sentence commuted by Bush, I'm sure you were very upset then, right?!

With any of these "scandals" you speak so direly about, an extremely vast majority of actual experts on the actual situations have not agreed with the shouting from Republicans that they should result in any charges. It's all a political firestorm and because Republicans keep screaming about it, it's resulted in the controversies that Comey has created. I certainly don't envy the guy, but there's also expert after expert, including Republican Justice Dept. folks, saying this case has not followed protocol - and much of that blame has been put on the pressure from Republicans. I.e. political gamesmanship.

Yeah, the Dems just want this to go away, but it won't because it's serious.

There is so much cross-contamination between Lynch, Obama and the Clinton campaign it's ridiculous. You have the Asst Attorney General passing info to John Podesta, about when the State Department is releasing e-mails. Lynch is trying to stop the Clinton Foundation investigation. Obama making disparaging remarks about Comey. They're starting to melt down, because Hillary has such poor judgment. Incompetent, corrupt, pathological liar with very bad judgment. Yup, Hillary, you've got a lot of qualifications.

Yeah, the Dems just want this to go away, but it won't because it's serious.

There is so much cross-contamination between Lynch, Obama and the Clinton campaign it's ridiculous. You have the Asst Attorney General passing info to John Podesta, about when the State Department is releasing e-mails. Lynch is trying to stop the Clinton Foundation investigation. Obama making disparaging remarks about Comey. They're starting to melt down, because Hillary has such poor judgment. Incompetent, corrupt, pathological liar with very bad judgment. Yup, Hillary, you've got a lot of qualifications.

Are you Donald Trump? You talk a lot and it's compelling stuff, but it's not remotely accurate. PS lying to Congress under oath is a crime. You said she did that. A Republican Congress hasn't done much about it. They must be in cahoots with Lynch, Obama and Clinton too huh?

Get over it.

Apparently, they have some new evidence, that made them reconsider their earlier decision. It must be pretty substantial, if Comey would do this 11 days before the election.

You were right. This was extremely substantial. Or not...

Sir, excuse, but this is a very historical announcement of far greater importance to all Americans than sports!

Des, please elaborate on the historical significance. I want to make sure I understand before the 8th.

Perhaps the significance is that it helps down ballot R's, which given this was all B.S. sounds significant I guess.

Des, please elaborate on the historical significance. I want to make sure I understand before the 8th.

Perhaps the significance is that it helps down ballot R's, which given this was all B.S. sounds significant I guess.
This does not mean the FBI investigation into Clinton emails is over. It means that the investigation into this batch of Huma/Weiner-related emails is over.

This does not mean the FBI investigation into Clinton emails is over. It means that the investigation into this batch of Huma/Weiner-related emails is over.

Fine, and I agree.

Except if you go back and read this thread again and specifically the post I quoted you would have thought situation this was akin to a Pearl Harbor or other major inflection points in our nation's history. A discovery of epic proportions, because that is what some needed it to be in order to satisfy their preconceived notions.

In the end it was nothing more than duplicated emails. My guess, which could be wrong but I doubt it, is that these same folks won't be on here saying they overreacted now that Comey's second letter has been put forth.

Are you Donald Trump? You talk a lot and it's compelling stuff, but it's not remotely accurate. PS lying to Congress under oath is a crime. You said she did that. A Republican Congress hasn't done much about it. They must be in cahoots with Lynch, Obama and Clinton too huh?

Get over it.

Your ignorance is overwhelming. If you had watched the Congressional hearing with Comey, you would have seen Chaffetz ask Comey if he had investigated Clinton's false statements to the Congress. Comey said, that he hadn't received a referral. Chaffetz said that he would have it on his desk in an hour. This was in July.

Perhaps Lynch is trying to derail this investigation, like she was trying to derail the investigation into the Clinton foundation. Your tolerance for corruption is amazing.

You might try reading some of the WikiLeaks instead of pretending Hillary is a saint.

You were right. This was extremely substantial. Or not...

Why are you people so gleeful, that a criminal is running for President and she's potentially going to get away with willfully mishandling classified information? Is there no level of corruption you won't accept, as long as it has a D next to it's name?

Are you really that blinded by ideology or are you that stupid to think this was all BS?

Hillary is not off the hook yet. She lied to Congress at least 5 times. Each time is a separate Felony count. She destroyed the e-mails on her server after Congress had subpoenaed it. I believe that is either "destruction of evidence" or "obstruction of justice" or both. All Felonies.

When you look at the slime trail she's left for 30 years, very little, if any of it, was part of a Great Right Wing Conspiracy, as she constantly claims. If you're old enough to remember it, she claimed that the whole Monika Lewinsky scandal was the result of a Great Right Wing Conspiracy, until Monika produced her semen stained blue dress. It's always a GRW Conspiracy, until they get caught and can't lie their way out of it.

Why are you people so gleeful, that a criminal is running for President and she's potentially going to get away with willfully mishandling classified information? Is there no level of corruption you won't accept, as long as it has a D next to it's name?

Because I respect due process, unlike you.

I don't think you should lock someone up or execute someone as many rally-goers do just because Breitbart, Infowars or you spew the latest conspiracy theory.

You have already decided that HRC is guilty of something, so now you are just hoping something tangible arises so that can connect your preconceived notion with reality, which is why YOU were so gleeful last Friday, albeit prematurely.

Are you really that blinded by ideology or are you that stupid to think this was all BS?

Hillary is not off the hook yet. She lied to Congress at least 5 times. Each time is a separate Felony count. She destroyed the e-mails on her server after Congress had subpoenaed it. I believe that is either "destruction of evidence" or "obstruction of justice" or both. All Felonies.

When you look at the slime trail she's left for 30 years, very little, if any of it, was part of a Great Right Wing Conspiracy, as she constantly claims. If you're old enough to remember it, she claimed that the whole Monika Lewinsky scandal was the result of a Great Right Wing Conspiracy, until Monika produced her semen stained blue dress. It's always a GRW Conspiracy, until they get caught and can't lie their way out of it.

Nice pivot from the topic of this thread. Keep trying...

Your ignorance is overwhelming. If you had watched the Congressional hearing with Comey, you would have seen Chaffetz ask Comey if he had investigated Clinton's false statements to the Congress. Comey said, that he hadn't received a referral. Chaffetz said that he would have it on his desk in an hour. This was in July.

Perhaps Lynch is trying to derail this investigation, like she was trying to derail the investigation into the Clinton foundation. Your tolerance for corruption is amazing.

You might try reading some of the WikiLeaks instead of pretending Hillary is a saint.
Isn't that by definition what Trump has always been about?

so now were are going to bring back the Monica Lewinksy scandal of the 90s. Someone is really getting desperate. My advice, start drinking because DT is never ever going to be POTUS.

Reactions: YourBuddy
so now were are going to bring back the Monica Lewinksy scandal of the 90s. Someone is really getting desperate. My advice, start drinking because DT is never ever going to be POTUS.
Even the liberal election prognosticator Nate Silver (the liberal media darling who predicted Obama's big win over Romney) said yesterday Trump has a 1/3 chance of winning the election (the electoral college). Don't act like Trump has no paths to winning. We'll know fairly early tomorrow night which way this will go. Trump has to win Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina to have a shot. If Pennsylvania is tight, HRC could be in for a long night. If Trump somehow wins Pennsylvania, he will be President almost assuredly because it means other "Blue lockdown" states aren't really locked down for the Ds after all. An R hasn't won Pennsylvania since 1988.

Even the liberal election prognosticator Nate Silver (the liberal media darling who predicted Obama's big win over Romney) said yesterday Trump has a 1/3 chance of winning the election (the electoral college). Don't act like Trump has no paths to winning. We'll know fairly early tomorrow night which way this will go. Trump has to win Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina to have a shot. If Pennsylvania is tight, HRC could be in for a long night. If Trump somehow wins Pennsylvania, he will be President almost assuredly because it means other "Blue lockdown" states aren't really locked down for the Ds after all. An R hasn't won Pennsylvania since 1988.

RCP just moved New Mexico into the Tossip Category. I doubt he wins there, but who would have even foreseen the possibility there would be any doubts 24 hours out??

RCP just moved New Mexico into the Tossip Category. I doubt he wins there, but who would have even foreseen the possibility there would be any doubts 24 hours out??
Agreed. The fact that MI, WI, and MN are also in the discussion now, along with NH, are pretty telling if you ask me. I doubt he wins MN, but MI and WI are going to be a lot closer than many Liberals think. The fact that the Ds are sending Obama to Detroit should tell people a lot. I think Trump wins NH.

1. Everyone predicted Obama would beat Romney who wasn't duped by R-commissioned polls. Silver wasn't alone.

2. Silver wasn't even the most accurate of 2012 or 2014.

3. Silver is an outlier. Every other prognosticator has it much closer to Hillary in the 80s or 90s. He's spooked by Trump in the primaries, missing I think that the reason why he was wrong about Trump is he ignored the polling, which he is doing again (as well as ignoring the early vote trends).

Trump has one path to winning. Every poll is wrong. That's a pretty tough path though. Name the last time every BG state went to one candidate. Obama didn't get them all either time. Bush didn't get them all either time. Yet pretty much that is what Trump has to do, he has to get nearly all of them, and then pick off a Michigan or a Wisconsin.

The networks won't call it early because they will want to be extra sure (and because it helps keep eyeballs glued), so we may not have official word until about 11pm give or take 30 minutes IMO, but we will know earlier than that unofficially as we will hear the folks talk about how Trump will need big GOTV in these areas or those areas to overcome the Clinton lead in this or that state.

Finally, we will learn that polling isn't everything. GOTV matters. And EVERYONE on BOTH sides say the difference between the two campaigns here is astronomical.

Obama on 26 states and 5 million votes. He won 2 of them by 4.6 million votes. He won 24 of them by 400,000 votes, or 16,666 votes per state. There will 125 million plus votes cast. Polls measure between 1,200 and 2,500 voters.

1. Everyone predicted Obama would beat Romney who wasn't duped by R-commissioned polls. Silver wasn't alone.

2. Silver wasn't even the most accurate of 2012 or 2014.

3. Silver is an outlier. Every other prognosticator has it much closer to Hillary in the 80s or 90s. He's spooked by Trump in the primaries, missing I think that the reason why he was wrong about Trump is he ignored the polling, which he is doing again (as well as ignoring the early vote trends).

Trump has one path to winning. Every poll is wrong. That's a pretty tough path though. Name the last time every BG state went to one candidate. Obama didn't get them all either time. Bush didn't get them all either time. Yet pretty much that is what Trump has to do, he has to get nearly all of them, and then pick off a Michigan or a Wisconsin.

The networks won't call it early because they will want to be extra sure (and because it helps keep eyeballs glued), so we may not have official word until about 11pm give or take 30 minutes IMO, but we will know earlier than that unofficially as we will hear the folks talk about how Trump will need big GOTV in these areas or those areas to overcome the Clinton lead in this or that state.

Finally, we will learn that polling isn't everything. GOTV matters. And EVERYONE on BOTH sides say the difference between the two campaigns here is astronomical.
OK, so Silver is wrong now. RCP shows HRC 203 EV and Trump 164 EV RIGHT NOW. Are they wrong, too? Trump has made many more states toss-ups than the Ds EVER expected. He is taking the offensive and campaigning in places NO ONE thought he could he be close to competitive. You need to pay more attention to the state-by-state polls. Trump is gaining in many states right now. All he needs to do is have a + surprise in a place like MI or PA and she could lose.

EVERYONE of the Ds harps on this, but the RNC locations, R state locations, and the Trump campaign have morphed together and so Trump has a bigger presence according to Reince Priebus (and he would know). He says the RNC spent $100M preparing for this election. The Ds have a better GOTV machine, but the Rs are in better shape than the lefties ever give them credit for. The Ds literally drive people to the polls in some places. They hand out free Jay Z and Beyoncé tickets, free Katy Perry tickets...

HRC is in desperation mode right now. She is in for a complete dogfight and she knows it. In typical HRC fashion, she got too overconfident (largely because of the sycophants she surrounds herself with like Joel Benenson, Phillipe Reines, and John Podesta), and then despite the Loretta Lynch DoJ running interference for her for months, the FBI did their job and she tanked.

OK, so Silver is wrong now. RCP shows HRC 203 EV and Trump 164 EV RIGHT NOW. Are they wrong, too? Trump has made many more states toss-ups than the Ds EVER expected. He is taking the offensive and campaigning in places NO ONE thought he could he be close to competitive. You need to pay more attention to the state-by-state polls. Trump is gaining in many states right now. All he needs to do is have a + surprise in a place like MI or PA and she could lose.

EVERYONE of the Ds harps on this, but the RNC locations, R state locations, and the Trump campaign have morphed together and so Trump has a bigger presence according to Reince Priebus (and he would know). He says the RNC spent $100M preparing for this election. The Ds have a better GOTV machine, but the Rs are in better shape than the lefties ever give them credit for. The Ds literally drive people to the polls in some places. They hand out free Jay Z and Beyoncé tickets, free Katy Perry tickets...

HRC is in desperation mode right now. She is in for a complete dogfight and she knows it. In typical HRC fashion, she got too overconfident (largely because of the sycophants she surrounds herself with like Joel Benenson, Phillipe Reines, and John Podesta), and then despite the Loretta Lynch DoJ running interference for her for months, the FBI did their job and she tanked.
Sigh, ok SDB, if you need to feel he has a chance for 24 more hours or so, who am I to burst your bubble.

Reactions: PUBV
If he wins it will be the upset of the century. And I mean dance on the white house dinner tables epic. On sam's site, even if you give trump a 5% error in the polls, he only has about a 33% chance. That's just not good news.

If he wins it will be the upset of the century. And I mean dance on the white house dinner tables epic. On sam's site, even if you give trump a 5% error in the polls, he only has about a 33% chance. That's just not good news.

I repeat, Obama won 24 states by an average of 16,166 votes per state. Ya'll can talk about Hispanic and Black vote, but with what certainty do you talk about Democratic voters who will cast votes for Trump?
Hillary is not Barack Obama!

I repeat, Obama won 24 states by an average of 16,166 votes per state. Ya'll can talk about Hispanic and Black vote, but with what certainty do you talk about Democratic voters who will cast votes for Trump?
And Trump isn't Mitt Romney. And the Hispanic vote is breaking records. And Trump is losing educated white voters. And white females. So sure, let's not talk about Hispanic and Black voters, how about white females and educated whites? He's losing both groups.

And Trump isn't Mitt Romney. And the Hispanic vote is breaking records. And Trump is losing educated white voters. And white females. So sure, let's not talk about Hispanic and Black voters, how about white females and educated whites? He's losing both groups.

And more Blacks are voting for Trump than Romney or McCain.

bayesian inference. It's not certainty, but it's as close as I can get. Cool thing about stats is they don't care about the name of the person running. Your win average per state means absolutely nothing since that's not how the electoral votes are awarded. It only makes sense to look at them discretely and it doesn't look so rosy.
obama won WI by 213k, VA by 149k, PA by 309k, CO by 137k, MI by 449k, OH by 166k
*only R vs D votes

And more Blacks are voting for Trump than Romney or McCain.
AHAHAHA

Oh wait, you were serious.
oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder.jpg

AHAHAHA

Oh wait, you were serious.
oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder.jpg
Don't know why you think this is so funny. What des said is true. Romney won 3% of the AA vote (and there where many more AAs who voted in 2012 than will this time), while different sources show Trump getting 8-10% of the AA vote this year.

Many Republicans are coming back to Trump in the last few weeks, even ones that were starting to lean to HRC - that is, until the $hit hit the fan about the emails, the Clinton Foundation, and Obamacare. And yes, this includes white, educated Republican females. Trump leads HRC with white males by 11%. White, educated D females were going to vote for HRC anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT